Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What about Lilith...

Kota

18 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

And? Do you have a point?

Yes. It's a huge world and the focus seems to be as usual, in the area given as Eden. This an event that happens today.

Happy Ishtar. Oh yeah its May now. That's is also a product of my self fulfilling prophecy. 

6 minutes ago, FFA said:

Yes. It's a huge world and the focus seems to be as usual, in the area given as Eden. This an event that happens today.

Happy Ishtar. Oh yeah its May now. That's is also a product of my self fulfilling prophecy. 

I don't care about religion. It's a mental virus that's ruining the world. 

On 5/6/2018 at 6:17 PM, FFA said:

Here are a few Wikipedia statements that I have shown the Biblical equivalent and similarities between Enlil and Yahweh.

Enlil plays a vital role in the Sumerian creation myth; he separates An (heaven) from Ki(earth), thus making the world habitable for humans. 

(Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.) 

In the Sumerian Flood myth, Enlil rewards Ziusudra with immortality for having survived the flood and, in the Babylonian flood myth, Enlil is the cause of the flood himself having sent the flood to exterminate the human race, who made too much noise and prevented him from sleeping. 

(Genesis 7:4  - For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.)

The Sumerians envisioned Enlil as a benevolent, fatherly deity, who watches over humanity and cares for their well-being. One Sumerian hymn describes Enlil as so glorious that even the other gods could not look upon him. 

(Exodus 33:20  And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.)

The Mesopotamians envisioned him as a creator, a father, a king, and the supreme lord of the universe. 

Enlil was said to be supremely just[ and intolerant towards evil. 

Going much further we see the son on Enlil is Nergal and he is the king of the underworld. If we look at what comes from the bottomless pit.

Revelation 9:(7-11) 7 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. 8 And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. 9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. 10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months. 11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

We see that these creatures are the scorpion men and are said to stand guard at the underworld.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorpion_man

This very interesting because the mythology of the early Babylonian and Assyrian empires really laid buried in the sand until 1850 ish. Our modern culture really didn't know anything about them until modern archeology. What is interesting is even more interesting is that the book of revelation was thought to be authored roughly 96 AD and is almost 2100 years ago from now. When Revelation was believed to be authored this early Babylonian and Assyrian empire mythology was basically forgotten and buried in the sand. We see that the author was described creatures with reasonable detail from a forgotten mythology. How did he know about this. Was it really a vision from God? It really hard to define it otherwise. 

The demiurge would be the creator, and in the book, it certainly seems as if Yahweh is adamant that everyone knows it is responsible. 

If you were looking at this from a gnostic standpoint, I'm not sure how you would come away thinking that Yahweh is not the demiurge. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2018 at 12:12 AM, Kota said:

So, according to certain scriptures, Eve was not the first woman, Lilith was. She was created at the same time and same manner as Adam but refused to submit to him, leading to her leaving the garden of eden and long story short becoming a demon.

Why is she so rarely mentioned??

Why is she ignored. Surely the myth of Lilith began before that name was chosen in the....midrash is it?

For Genesis in the original tongue describes man and woman made at the same time. Then as Adam (man) was a poor helpmate he took Eve (Life) as his new wife.

Pet request I can perhaps illustrate the definitions of each word in Genesis 2:18 yehovah elohiym 'amar towb 'adam hayah 'asah ezer 'neged.

9 words while KJV reads 21 and ofc they added in stuff and ignored that 'adam then and for many generations after fails at being a help meet.

As far as Yahweh being single.

..well too bad they had that episode of tearing down all to do with Asherah.

El and Asherah of Yahweh and Asherah are my divine couple with Asherah being the top if alone. But as mariage allows two becoming one and family allows many more being one...

Divinity in you (as Christ means when expounded from the "annointed one" when we are in him as he is in us etc etc add in the Father and don't ignore the Mother.)

Namaste.

On 5/6/2018 at 6:34 PM, ChaosRose said:

So it's probably best not to demonize like...half the population of the world based one's idea of it, then.

Half the population? Try "most of the population", everybody that doesn't fit the extremely narrow category of people that the various churches find "acceptable"

19 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

The demiurge would be the creator, and in the book, it certainly seems as if Yahweh is adamant that everyone knows it is responsible. 

If you were looking at this from a gnostic standpoint, I'm not sure how you would come away thinking that Yahweh is not the demiurge. 

Yup, and even Christian philosophers have expressed doubts that the being described in the Old Testament could be the same as their idea of "God", some have even thought it might be the devil disguised as god.

• Like 1