Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Curious

Kota

So, for the believers out there, what made you believe? Was it an event? A trait you acquired from family? 

Im curious :) 

• Like 1

Hi Kota. In my blog I addressed this sort of. You can read that here. Boring stuff, but I had to find answers, and so I did. Ones I could live with.

• Like 2

Family, I come from a long line of herbalists and Holy Men. But I adopted a lot of Tendai Buddhist philosophy which just made sense to me.

I managed to both manifest and then oust phenomena.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kota said:

So, for the believers out there, what made you believe? Was it an event? A trait you acquired from family? 

There's a thread here you might find interesting to read through. It's a mixture of both.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This is something I ask myself constantly. I am so obsessed with the paranormal but I havent had a specific event that made me believe. Im 23 years old, but for as long as I can remember, I've been drawn to the paranormal. My family isn't too much into it, my parents especially, they hardly ever talk about or watch/read paranormal related things and most certainly never taught me anything about it. So it doesn't come from family for me. I guess I was just born like that. When I was a kid, I didn't want to be a princess or a star, I wanted to be a witch !! Maybe I was one in a past life, who knows?

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:43 AM, Kota said:

I believe because of the quantity, quality and consistency of the evidence. 

I never had an earth-shaking personal event that caused me to become a believer.

I'm the only one in my family interested in the stuff.

On 4/17/2018 at 1:43 AM, Kota said:

Once again I'm going to hate myself for this.

For me it was a sequence of events, more has happened than what I'm about to share, but this is the gist of things.

Around the age of 10 I saw an apparition on the stairs in my house, a female only visible from the waist up, looked like dense smoke confined to the shape of a person.
It traveled slowly 1/4 of the way down the stairs before condensing into a ball then exploding outward into tiny wisps before fading away. (I believe this was a replaying of a previous event etched into the property).

Around the same age, I would experience feelings of being watched, feelings that were not my own, then the room would fill with the smell of lavender. Always in that order, every time.
These were potential visitations from my grandmother.

At the age of 13, after the passing of my mother, I started to hear my name called in a whispery female voice. Always when wide awake, always right up close to my ear. At the time, I put this down to the grieving process, now I'm not so sure.
It still occurs to this day.

Around the age of 17 I started to have (fairly meaningless) precognitive dreams, things that would come true sometimes minutes after waking. This isn't something that happens all of the time, in the past 12 years it's probably happened about 6 times.
Which ranged from winning certain amounts of money from scratchcards, finding piles of money in specific locations. Even finding random, rare drops in online video games.

In my early 20's My (now ex girlfriend) decided she wanted to visit a grave yard to see if she could catch anything out of the ordinary. We walked around for about 3 hours, nothing unusual occurred.

The next day, we were talking about the previous night. She mentioned "It's a shame we didn't catch anything" Shortly after, the bedroom door opened at the handle despite no one being on the other side.

About 35 minutes later, something rearranged our food in the microwave as it was cooking. (Two small plates that were originally side by side were now stacked on top of each other in the center).

In January of 2014 I started to have encounters with an unnaturally deep voice that would come out of thin air (leading me to think I was losing my mind).

That was until I caught it accidentally while recording a youtube video

This voice would turn up once a month for the next year and a half. It only spoke properly on two occasions, the first time calling me a "B******" while in the bathroom. The last telling me to "Get Out" as I tried to get to sleep.
Other times it would simply moan or groan. Sometimes from the outside of my bedroom window (which was terrifying and fascinating).

Around that time, I decided that there must be something to all of this, that it wasn't simply my mind playing tricks on me. So I started trying to communicate with the "entities" around me.

Instantly I started to get communication back, evps, voices out of the air, feelings of presence. being physically touched, poked and flicked.

Now it's a part of my life and I enjoy it. Sure, It's infuriating because it's hard to prove, What really does count as evidence these days anyway?

A picture? Easily faked.
Video? Easily faked.
Sound? Also easily faked.

Speaking of, I caught this while walking back from the supermarket one night.
I had a really weird feeling that someone was to my left. I could not shake it even after I checked to see. So eventually I took a picture with my phone.

12088408_1689473617933126_54955362061728

• Like 3

You made me laugh Kaikou as it is only true. No matter the evidence, it is never strong enough for one who does not believe and can never be weak enough to dissuade some believers :)

• Like 2

My mom.. She raised me in serious mechanics and hard science as well as an array of spooky. She is a rare human on earth that could spec to millionths of the gyroscopes of space navigation and watch the old wives weather wisdom in the garden.

• Like 3

On 4/17/2018 at 6:43 AM, Kota said:

When a number of things happen and although you have looked at and considered in depth every logical explanation possible, you can't come up with an answer.

• Like 1

My grandmother primarily and then my own fleeting experiences from my childhood onwards.

EDIT

apologies for I forgot to list experiences or encounters...nature spirits, hatman, Djinn, ghost, UFOs

Edited by Mark One
  • Like 2

Loved ghost stories and mysterious stuff as a kid.

When i was 21 i dabbled in the occult practice of communicating with spirits. While communicating using automatic writing i began to hear a small voice in my head...(it was the spirit i was talking to)...come to find out, the spirit was infact a demon...i ended up not being able to rid myself of the demon. It started out as one voice and flowered into many voices...until i could hardly stand it. I was put on medications for schitzophernia...but it never helped. I started seeing things...dark figures, i had a dark figure lean over my bed at night...and put its hands on my head. I was always scared. At one point, i would be standing or walking around..and it was almost like, i would lose caunciousness for a second and my body would collaps. I would feel things tuch me...i would trip over things that wern't there. The demon kept telling me it was going to take me to hell...but by then i had developed some faith in God and in His word (the bible)...I told the demon...i was going to die, but because I am in Christ...I am dieng on Jesus time...not yours...because I belong to Him. 

I didn't die...but, one day i fell asleep on my moms bed...I must have been asleep for a while...and I heard my mom calling me. When i woke up, I was in a very dark place...i later found out through my pastor...the Spiritual Relm is very dark...so i believe thats where i was. I believe the demon was trying to take some part of me to hell. Even if it was just to scare me...because being that God is in me, there's no way the devil can take me. So...I woke up in this dark place..and I couldnt' see anything. I felt like i was floating. I thought of the name Jesus, and i looked up and there was a crescent shaped light...it looked gold...it was far above me...and when I called in my thoughts to Jesus...i felt a huge hand come up under me...and push me up into the Light...when I went into the light...i came out of the spiritual relm...and i was back in my moms bed...with her standing next to me. I emediatly asked her...if she had called me from down the hall..and she said..no...she had been standing there the whole time.

I have been through a number fo different things...and over the years I learned how to handle the devil..I used the Bible and prayer. For a long time...i was able to live...pretty much as if they weren't there. 

Thats pretty much my story. I have been delivered by Jesus...and the Power of His name. I have also had peace through worship...because when we worship God...His pressance fills that place. 

Thanks so much for asking this...so i could share my story.

-Katy

• Like 1

I have always been open minded but it was only when i ended up living in a haunted house that I had to accept there are things beyond our reality. 

I didn't know the place was haunted when I moved in. For over a year I tried to explain away the event which were happening. The last straw came one night when I had to grab my care keys and leave my property - it was late, I was too scared to take anything with me or go back in the house. I wouldn't never behave in this way unless something had really frightened me. The whole thing affected me greatly.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/17/2018 at 7:22 AM, ChaosRose said:

I managed to both manifest and then oust phenomena.

Could you explain more? 

1 hour ago, GoodReality said:

Could you explain more? 

Sure. 

I had experienced pretty severe trauma and loss. I was grieving, and I had survivor guilt. 

Anyway, all sorts of woo started going on around me, and it would happen to others around me, too. 

I figured it was sort of like an emotional pressure valve. 

Anyway, even when I wouldn't tell people about the phenomena, they would experience similar things, so I knew there was a sort of tangibleness to it.

I started looking for ways to get rid of it when it started to get out of hand, and me and my partner started getting sick and having crappy luck. 

I have alternative beliefs, so I went with the LBRP and Middle Pillar to get things back in balance. I also tossed in some Goetic seals for good measure. 

It worked for me. No more things that go bump in the night. No more disembodied voices, shadow beings, apparitions, or poltergeist phenomena.

It led me to believe that these things stem from the psyche, but can actually manifest if there's a sort of trigger mechanism. 

You have to affect the subconscious in order to rid yourself of them. 

• Like 2

Guest SpiritMediumDaniel

My Story

I grew up in a small town in New Jersey near a battlefield along the shore of the Delaware river. As far back as I can remember the house was haunted. Along with both of my parents, my siblings and I experienced strange and unusual things happening though out the house the entire time we lived there.

In fact we heard similar stories from other people on our block from their homes. After a while these things just became normal to us. Although we never felt threatened I knew deep inside we were different from everyone else we knew.

After moving from that house with my parents to Delaware, I thought things would be different. Not to long after moving into our new home, I knew things were the same, at least they were for me. I started seeing more things: smokey figures, shadow people, objects moving and constantly getting the goose bumps. Once, when I was 24 I came home late from being out with friends. I went upstairs and got into bed. When I had laid my head down on the pillow I felt someone else lay down next to me. Each time I got up to look around there was nothing there. This happened four times. By the fifth time when I put my head down, something picked the blanket up off of me and shook it above me. I couldn't speak, yell or even scream. I felt like I was frozen. Then the blanket fell back on me. I immediately got up from the bed and went down stairs. From that point on, I slept on the sofa for two years.

I then moved into another bedroom. But by then, I was used to seeing strange things throughout the house. When I talked to my parents about it, they said nothing was happening to them. It was just me at the point. Both my brothers and sister still lived in New Jersey. I had spoken to them all, but only my sister was seeing things. I had always thought my sister was more intuitive than I was, but I was glad I could share my experiences with her.

I eventually moved out and got married. But each time I moved I would see things. It was as though every house was haunted. I would sorta laugh to myself think, how did I get so lucky, Not!

It wasn't til later in life I met my now wife. We moved in together while dating. We both knew we were meant for each other and this was it. While still seeing things at this point in my life, I just thought it was my normal. Then my wife went on a trip, while she was away I began to see more things going on in the house than I had ever seen in my entire life. When she got back I knew I had to tell her. When I broke my silence with her, she revealed to me that she has seen some things too. Exhale, I knew I could spill the whole pot of beans so to speak.

Things were really progressing around my 50th birthday. We set up cameras in the house to try and catch what was happening, but each time they would turn off. So we sought out mediums and paranormal groups. One group came over and did an investigation with much success with evidence, but still I felt i didn't get out of it what I needed. I knew I had spirits in my house. What I wanted to know is why.

So I went the other route. I talked a few different mediums and met with one while she was doing a show. I didn't tell her we were coming, I just wanted to witness how things worked. As we sat in the audience, eight people got read that night out of fifty. I was the second one. The spirit that came through was my dad. Everything she described I knew she could not of known, especially when she asked about Sarah, the one who had to make the big decision to pull the plug. My dad had fallen and was in the hospital. His brain stem had moved due to blunt force drama. Sarah was my mom's middle name, it was her decision to pull the plus so my dad could pass. He was already brain dead. He told that name to the medium so that I would know it was him, being that I knew her middle name. I knew right then that this was real. The rest of the reading was awesome.

When I introduced myself afterwards, she said,  Oh, Daniel, I spoke with you on the phone. She then told me why I was seeing everything. She said, I am a beacon of light, all spirit see my bright light and energy. They( spirit ) are coming to see you. Each and every medium I spoke to after that told me the same thing with a little more info each time. Although one asked, did they ever try to hurt you, I said, no.

It has now been over a year and a half since the beginning of my new journey. I was told by the mediums that spirit believe that I'm the light into heaven and spirit want me to help them. So with some help through advice from other mediums, I now know that I am a medium.

Not only do I see spirit all day and night, but I also see and communicate with my guides. They touch me for Yes and No answers, but they also put messages and feelings into me. One of my gifts is crossing spirit into the light, using my light. I have come to find out with the help of my guides that I am the light into heaven. One of my other gifts is, when people ask me questions, my guides give me the answers, and I pass that along. I know that my job as a medium is to not only help people, but to teach them to understand what life is all about, along with helping spirit to move on.

• 4 weeks later...

I believe because I tend to be open minded first and ask questions later if things don't hold water. I didn't really have a concrete opinion but I watch a lot of ghost hunting shows and, while a lot of them are pure crap, there was enough decent information among the flotsam to make me believe there's too much to ignore and just write off. 

On 17/04/2018 at 3:13 PM, Kota said:

I think it was in my early teens when I grow an interest in the paranormal and witchcraft. As far as I could remember, going back five generations on my mothers side of the family. 

My great great grandmother, was the first woman to practice witchcraft and speaking with the dead. She was also a follower of Christanity. Around the time she was murdered (which was around 1920s). 

Around these times gangers and the Italian marfia was a big thing. Generally ppl would seek help from such individuals to 'get rid of' someone who dared to cause trouble. Which someone somehow figured out her secret and hired someone from the marfia which she was pushed from a window 9-stories high to her death. 

Ever since the day someone had helped me reconnect with her. Ive been practing and using. I to have many stories to share of my own paranormal experiences. But far too many to type and too lazy as well. 

I believe ive posted somewhere on this part of the forum where spirits communicate with music and time. 

• Like 1

I grew up in a family that paid lip service to God and the Bible but had a mother that took the time to teach me to read that Bible and look at the world and decide for myself.  I chose to accept the Divinity of the Christ, Jesus when I was 12.  I did not become a strong Christian follower but I never strayed completely from my faith in Him and His message.  As I have gotten older and have watched the developments in this world we share, I have become convinced beyond any doubt that He IS who He said He is and that He is going to return.  I'm willing to give up my life for that belief (not anyone else's), should that become necessary.  I don't pretend to understand what it's all about.  I believe His message is a natural waypoint of human evolution in that we CANNOT SURVIVE if we cannot learn to live together and be more concerned with the "others" among us than we are ourselves. 

Science, technology and sharing of information has reached a level where we have become a near hive mind and our emotions and fears can translate into deadly action without the restraints that have existed in the past.  Today we could have an accident in the M.E., the Black Sea, or any number of other hotspots around the globe that could quickly escalate into a war that would depopulate the planet and that, for generations.  We live in a world on the brink of an abyss and Jesus' message, IF it is put into action by the people of this planet, could save humanity.  Unfortunately, man-made traditions and dogma have obscured the truths in the writings that were left for us and we have each gone our own way - exactly what humans have always done.  A painful correction is coming and I believe that it cannot be avoided.  It would come, regardless the belief in God or any specific religion.  It will come because of our evolution and advancements and the fact that they have outstripped our moral compass.

Edited by and then
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Experiences and talking to people who would not joke about their experiences with the paranormal

Edited by Avalanche
  • Like 1