Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

In between

Gnosisone

Alright, most will consider this a joke, but I am actually seriously asking if others have experienced this phenomenon. It's only happened to me a few times in my life, but each time it leaves me rattled afterwards.

What I am speaking about is when it seems you "slip" into an in between place, like a pocket. Obviously, I always got out, and I'll just describe the last time it happened.

I was traveling cross country with the wife and kids, the kids were asleep, and we were below a half tank. It was night time, and we were on long stretches of road, and I saw what looked like a gas station on a hill just off an off ramp. I drove up, and my wife was, to say the least, extremely unnerved (She said it looked creepy, as the lot was lit up, and there was nothing around lit, almost like it was surrounded by nearly pitch black.)
Well, we got to the lot, and there was no station, just the pumps.
Well, I thought, it must be self serve, pay at the pumps, and I wanted to fuel up if possible.

When I pulled up to the lot (It was a square lot, big enough for 4-5 cars, and I think it was two pumps on one side, but the thing was there was no where to pay with a card) the gas pumps looked like the old gas pumps from the 50's-60's. There was nothing around, no trees, no buildings, just the little road/path I drove on to get us there. And it was like I was in a trance, and wanted to get out and see the pumps up close, and I reasoned to myself it was cause it was weird.

My wife nearly dug her fingers into my arm, and repeated about 2-3 times no, do not open that door. I said I just wanted to see the pumps a little closer, and again, no.

Well, with extreme (At the time) regret, I drove back down the path, and got back on the freeway. After the next exit, it seemed the fog lifted, and I said "That was a close one". My wife was livid, and said if it was up to me, whatever was there would have gotten us. I agreed, and told her about the hypnotic effect, and told her I was glad she was there. and not asleep. She agreed that if she was asleep, there was no telling what would have happened.

I will say, looking back, there was a malevolent feeling to that place, like we were insects and if I would have stepped out, it would have known we were there (Maybe because it would have smelled us? It was cold so our windows were rolled up) and we would not be here now. But it felt like we narrowly avoided disaster.

This has happened to me a few times, and it seems like I always go into autopilot and somehow get out, the last time was the only time being in a place like that involved others (Why I always after wondered if it actually happened or was my imagination) I will say, that when around dark presences like shadow people, it seems like I go, again, into auto pilot and they don't register me, but not always, And I think this would have been a time it wouldn't have worked.

So, has something like this happened to any of you?

A little background as to why I think I go into auto pilot...

I had an out of body experience, and saw a shadow against my bedroom wall. (I didn't realize til later it was an out of body experience.)
Now, some movies get it close, but these things are creepy as hell. It was blacker than night, and the edges to it's frame were sharp, like someone turned the sharpness on a t.v. up to max. Or like it was cut from ultra deep black material.
The eyes were white, and looked, again, cut out. It looked at me, and then at the bed. It's eyes narrowed, and terrified (I was around 8 or 9 years old) I dived into the safety of the covers, and actually thankfully dove back into my body. Thing was, it got into my body too, and I ended up possessed.

Now, the movies make it seem in some ways worse than it is, and in other ways it doesn't convey how bad it is.

No, the being didn't control my body, it didn't make me vomit or climb walls. But...what it did do was mentally terrorize me. It would often alter my perception of what was real, in an effort to make my life a living hell, or perhaps to get me to do what it wanted. For example, when I watched Gulliver's travels as a kid, I remember all the small people dying in war in horrific ways, and when Gulliver finally escaped to sea, a giant rose from the ocean and ate him whole. Basically, anything I ever watched was turned into a depressing parody devoid of hope.

Well, part of what this being did was take me places that were....horrible. Like an ice cream vendor, that sold ice cream made of blood and guts. I was instructed by the being to eat the ice cream and smile. I did. There were two other kids there. One started crying, and was grabbed and thrown into the side of the cart, and ground into more of the ice cream. The other kid started gagging, same thing. I ate it, and smiled at him (The ice cream vendor) And his eyes were empty, like he was wearing masks over his eyes.

Later, around 10-11 years old, I was visiting my grandmother in law, who was a "prophet" of her own psuedo christian religion. She was very religious and pious (Tho a little crazy) and made me go to her church. I took to it, and one day on her front porch after returning from her church, the being spoke out from my lips. It's cloudy, but I remember her telling my grandfather in law to hold me down, running and coming back with rose smelling water (I remember the smell, I assume it was holy water) and screaming and blacking out. Next thing I remember is a bright flash, and it was gone.

This was why for a long time I was a devout christian. But what I believe in now is the power of faith. But, afterwards, I've had the ability to go into auto pilot whenever I experience something like this.

• Like 3

I would hope that if one is a devout Christian it equals a belief in the power of Faith? Or do you mean you are slack these days but still have faith?

I would say after reading through what you claim a couple times that if you were a devout Christian after being freed from this effect and that was your free choice, stick with what worked for you before and when these things come, pray and turn to God to remove it. Your power of faith will handle it, faith in God. IF this is a symptom of being bothered by an entity then renounce it and get away from it, through your faith in God and the Blood of Jesus Christ. We do best when we work with the paradigm we know first and best, IMO.

If in doubt, seek mental health care if you do not see results right away through your faith system. If you have family it is no longer about you and you need to put them and their safety and their mental health first. I see no reason why this is slipping back into your life except that you are really needing to tune up your faith structure again or else this is a mental health issue. It is not some gift or power, but an aberration and so must be suspected, hopefully, by you, very much and gotten rid of. Put a stop to this right away. 

JMO.

btw welcome to UM forums.

To answer..

What I meant is I am no longer a devout believer in the Christian dogma, but I believe that if a group has faith in a higher power, the combined power of that faith can manifest in the existence of power one can draw upon by having personal faith and belief in a shared belief. I actually am a believer in my own belief system based on visions I have had, so my belief system has a practitioner and parishioner of one. But, I acknowledge that those with enough faith can manifest the power of that faith in displays of what one would ascribe as miraculous actions, like lifting cars, fighting while one should already be dead, and even potentially healing. "if one had the faith of a mustard seed, one can command the mountain to move."

Some see this parable as meaning we have no faith, but really, a mustard seed gives all it's trust, it's entire existence, to the whims of the wind. An amazing amount of faith. There is truth in this parable, and in most religions, one will find snippets of truth IMHO.

And that is why I believe my crazy grandmother in law was able to drive out (Actually felt like she "fried" it, like the ashes of it remained, weird when I think about it) the being. Because tho she was extremely crazy, (She believed we lived in a sea of demons for one thing, and one had to constantly pray and stay virtuous or the invisible demons would torment you, and one's faith and prayer acted as a shield) her massive amounts of faith gave her great spiritual strength. And so, for many, many years I was a fire and brimstone true believer in her version of Christianity, which was a hodgepodge of parts of Baptist, Catholic, and Pentecostal christian faiths, with a smattering of pagan influences. She had her own hand written Bible, that she believed was revealed to her by angelic voices (I believe she may have been mentally ill looking back, but like I said, she had an amazing level of faith). She had her own "Church", which consisted of her (The priest) and her husband, and anyone she could get to show, like me when I visited them. My mother forbid me to go back (I used to visit in the summers) when I came back after fasting for over a month (I only had a small handful of grapeseed and water, then eventually just water) and when my mom saw how rail thin I was, she told my mom beaming that I was blessed as I survived by "the will of God" for so long fasting due to my faith, which at that time was indeed high in her cult like religion.

I mean, it was so bad, that I later realized I was molested by my Grandad, and I prayed because I reasoned (It was pitch black) it was Satan attempting to harm my faith, and would pray until "Satan" left. So yes, for a long time I was immensely faithful. And faith can create miracles, no God or other higher power is needed for that.

And one of the reasons I stopped believing in her version of religion is it's very, very unforgiving nature. If one even accidentally slips up and sins, the repercussions rained down on you are very severe, not by any mortal, but by the sea of demons around you at all times. In fact, her belief system reminded me of the old Celtic or even the old Nordic religions, in how unforgiving and rigid the rules were. Like, Men were to wear long sleeves and pants, no matter how hot, and women were to wear dresses that went to their ankles, very puritan not in style, but in chastity of dress. But, like I said, there was no physical torment, it was all the demons.And tho she saw the devil as evil, in her belief, he was a tool that followed the commands and will of the God above. And angels were not kind, but strict and unyielding.

Leaving Christianity was a multi part thing. First, I abandoned her version of Christianity after a few years, and adopted Baptism. Then, feeling a crisis of faith, I studied all religions I could, Islam, Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism, and others.

I finally met some Mormons, and joined their church, thinking I found the truth. Then, I realized it didn't add up (Especially after being "Sealed" in the temple) and abandoned that faith.

That's when I realized the miracles were a manifestation of the power of faith, and not proof of a Christian God. And the truth I felt, same as the truth in the other religions I studied, is because when men of the past put down what they experienced and was recorded, sometimes great truths were recorded as parables. And so today, I am a practitioner of my own faith system.

The one benefit of being raised and abused by over-zealous people is that often to find the road away drives you to studying a wide array of thought in the pursuit of Truth and answers. I lightly touched on my early story in my blog. In my case the abuse was limited to mental, emotional and physical beatings. I have ended with a rather Taoist view of God and still love Him. Otherwise, not into organized religion much at all. 

I appreciate your sharing with me your story. I still say if your faith structure cannot put a stop to this adversary, this threat you perceive, you may need to seek mental health advice simply for your family's safety. You cannot wish for them to be dragged along on your auto-pilot forays. 

Just how I see it. I wish you well.

• Like 2

Thanks...

I don't see it so much as an "adversary", more like there are certain places that one can accidentally fall into at times.

Was really just wondering if there were others that have experienced this stuff. There are a lot of things in my past that leave me puzzled, I generally take it with a grain of salt, I mean, there's not much I can do but try to just deal and later reflect.

But again, thanks for the well wishes.

On 4/18/2018 at 12:16 PM, Gnosisone said:

Alright, most will consider this a joke, but I am actually seriously asking if others have experienced this phenomenon. It's only happened to me a few times in my life, but each time it leaves me rattled afterwards.

What I am speaking about is when it seems you "slip" into an in between place, like a pocket. Obviously, I always got out, and I'll just describe the last time it happened.

I was traveling cross country with the wife and kids, the kids were asleep, and we were below a half tank. It was night time, and we were on long stretches of road, and I saw what looked like a gas station on a hill just off an off ramp. I drove up, and my wife was, to say the least, extremely unnerved (She said it looked creepy, as the lot was lit up, and there was nothing around lit, almost like it was surrounded by nearly pitch black.)
Well, we got to the lot, and there was no station, just the pumps.
Well, I thought, it must be self serve, pay at the pumps, and I wanted to fuel up if possible.

When I pulled up to the lot (It was a square lot, big enough for 4-5 cars, and I think it was two pumps on one side, but the thing was there was no where to pay with a card) the gas pumps looked like the old gas pumps from the 50's-60's. There was nothing around, no trees, no buildings, just the little road/path I drove on to get us there. And it was like I was in a trance, and wanted to get out and see the pumps up close, and I reasoned to myself it was cause it was weird.

My wife nearly dug her fingers into my arm, and repeated about 2-3 times no, do not open that door. I said I just wanted to see the pumps a little closer, and again, no.

Well, with extreme (At the time) regret, I drove back down the path, and got back on the freeway. After the next exit, it seemed the fog lifted, and I said "That was a close one". My wife was livid, and said if it was up to me, whatever was there would have gotten us. I agreed, and told her about the hypnotic effect, and told her I was glad she was there. and not asleep. She agreed that if she was asleep, there was no telling what would have happened.

I will say, looking back, there was a malevolent feeling to that place, like we were insects and if I would have stepped out, it would have known we were there (Maybe because it would have smelled us? It was cold so our windows were rolled up) and we would not be here now. But it felt like we narrowly avoided disaster.

This has happened to me a few times, and it seems like I always go into autopilot and somehow get out, the last time was the only time being in a place like that involved others (Why I always after wondered if it actually happened or was my imagination) I will say, that when around dark presences like shadow people, it seems like I go, again, into auto pilot and they don't register me, but not always, And I think this would have been a time it wouldn't have worked.

A little background as to why I think I go into auto pilot...

I had an out of body experience, and saw a shadow against my bedroom wall. (I didn't realize til later it was an out of body experience.)
Now, some movies get it close, but these things are creepy as hell. It was blacker than night, and the edges to it's frame were sharp, like someone turned the sharpness on a t.v. up to max. Or like it was cut from ultra deep black material.
The eyes were white, and looked, again, cut out. It looked at me, and then at the bed. It's eyes narrowed, and terrified (I was around 8 or 9 years old) I dived into the safety of the covers, and actually thankfully dove back into my body. Thing was, it got into my body too, and I ended up possessed.

Now, the movies make it seem in some ways worse than it is, and in other ways it doesn't convey how bad it is.

No, the being didn't control my body, it didn't make me vomit or climb walls. But...what it did do was mentally terrorize me. It would often alter my perception of what was real, in an effort to make my life a living hell, or perhaps to get me to do what it wanted. For example, when I watched Gulliver's travels as a kid, I remember all the small people dying in war in horrific ways, and when Gulliver finally escaped to sea, a giant rose from the ocean and ate him whole. Basically, anything I ever watched was turned into a depressing parody devoid of hope.

Well, part of what this being did was take me places that were....horrible. Like an ice cream vendor, that sold ice cream made of blood and guts. I was instructed by the being to eat the ice cream and smile. I did. There were two other kids there. One started crying, and was grabbed and thrown into the side of the cart, and ground into more of the ice cream. The other kid started gagging, same thing. I ate it, and smiled at him (The ice cream vendor) And his eyes were empty, like he was wearing masks over his eyes.

Later, around 10-11 years old, I was visiting my grandmother in law, who was a "prophet" of her own psuedo christian religion. She was very religious and pious (Tho a little crazy) and made me go to her church. I took to it, and one day on her front porch after returning from her church, the being spoke out from my lips. It's cloudy, but I remember her telling my grandfather in law to hold me down, running and coming back with rose smelling water (I remember the smell, I assume it was holy water) and screaming and blacking out. Next thing I remember is a bright flash, and it was gone.

This was why for a long time I was a devout christian. But what I believe in now is the power of faith. But, afterwards, I've had the ability to go into auto pilot whenever I experience something like this.

So.. Wow..

This has Liminal written all over it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liminal

I have experienced this once and it scared the s*** out of me at 9 or 10 years of age when it occurred.. have never been back, but have come very close and unfortunately haven't got back there..

I'm afraid Wikipedia's description of a Liminal  "on the threshold" doesn't give it justice. There's Liminal's everywhere in everything from what I can tell, and it's a rare thing to actually experience it or one in it's full openness.. What you posted resonates with Liminality, but hey, I might be wrong.

So... Here's my story, an it's as simple as walking through a door.

I think I was 9 or 10, and I was walking through the kitchen door at home, going inside the house to outside.. Simple right.. Probably done it a thousand times.. Anyway, this time was different because an idea came into my head. Actually the idea was more a question than an idea. And the question was, "where is the line between inside and outside?" I mean, think about it.. Where is it? Is it like 1/2 way between the door jam? or 1/2 way between the point where the door opens and the outside begins? or is it invisible? Some kind of infinitely small barrier between indoors and outdoors when thedoor is wide open.. was it visible? Was it Measurable? was it.....

All of a sudden I was falling through darkness.. I remember it as being black.. Maybe space?  I'd found this line between inside and outside. This was the space between spaces, the middle between one and the other. At first there was nothing there, nothing but.......nothing.. Then in an instant there were stars and galaxies and an infinite explosion of possibilities flooding into me.. Honestly whatever I write here wont give it justice because my perception of time and space and reality was instantly stretched beyond comprehension. It was too much for a 10 year old..  (I know now what I didn't know then.. That all this falling through space was all in my head. But that does not make it any less real than walking through a kitchen door..) honestly It scared me. It's was an Unknown. I screamed and as I did so the reality of falling through the stars was replaced my me stepping through the door.

Mum came running wondering what happened, and I think I blubbered an answer that left her with no option but to day "Don't be Stupid"

So, yeah, that was my dive into a Liminal..

You say It was Malevolent? I would question that judgement. We have a terrible tendency to treat the unknown instantly as though it is a threat. Whether that Judgement is holding us back or protecting us is another judgement altogether.. and personally I believe it is holding us back.    

The rest.................... I'm thinking are screen memories.. "wearing masks over his eyes" 

Your "blood and guts" ice creme resonates with damage and "guilt and trust".. Yep, it sucks to be a victim. But to be a victim is a choice, not a sentence.

BTW..  I like your faith.. Your openness.. We are all so capable of building or destroying our own prisons..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Professor T said:

So.. Wow..

This has Liminal written all over it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liminal

I have experienced this once and it scared the s*** out of me at 9 or 10 years of age when it occurred.. have never been back, but have come very close and unfortunately haven't got back there..

I'm afraid Wikipedia's description of a Liminal  "on the threshold" doesn't give it justice. There's Liminal's everywhere in everything from what I can tell, and it's a rare thing to actually experience it or one in it's full openness.. What you posted resonates with Liminality, but hey, I might be wrong.

So... Here's my story, an it's as simple as walking through a door.

I think I was 9 or 10, and I was walking through the kitchen door at home, going inside the house to outside.. Simple right.. Probably done it a thousand times.. Anyway, this time was different because an idea came into my head. Actually the idea was more a question than an idea. And the question was, "where is the line between inside and outside?" I mean, think about it.. Where is it? Is it like 1/2 way between the door jam? or 1/2 way between the point where the door opens and the outside begins? or is it invisible? Some kind of infinitely small barrier between indoors and outdoors when thedoor is wide open.. was it visible? Was it Measurable? was it.....

All of a sudden I was falling through darkness.. I remember it as being black.. Maybe space?  I'd found this line between inside and outside. This was the space between spaces, the middle between one and the other. At first there was nothing there, nothing but.......nothing.. Then in an instant there were stars and galaxies and an infinite explosion of possibilities flooding into me.. Honestly whatever I write here wont give it justice because my perception of time and space and reality was instantly stretched beyond comprehension. It was too much for a 10 year old..  (I know now what I didn't know then.. That all this falling through space was all in my head. But that does not make it any less real than walking through a kitchen door..) honestly It scared me. It's was an Unknown. I screamed and as I did so the reality of falling through the stars was replaced my me stepping through the door.

Mum came running wondering what happened, and I think I blubbered an answer that left her with no option but to day "Don't be Stupid"

So, yeah, that was my dive into a Liminal..

You say It was Malevolent? I would question that judgement. We have a terrible tendency to treat the unknown instantly as though it is a threat. Whether that Judgement is holding us back or protecting us is another judgement altogether.. and personally I believe it is holding us back.    

The rest.................... I'm thinking are screen memories.. "wearing masks over his eyes" 

Your "blood and guts" ice creme resonates with damage and "guilt and trust".. Yep, it sucks to be a victim. But to be a victim is a choice, not a sentence.

BTW..  I like your faith.. Your openness.. We are all so capable of building or destroying our own prisons..

Wow to both the OP and to this PT. That was heavy stuff. I really don't have much to offer as all my woo comes in altered states. Never pulling into a gas station or walking through a simple door. Just wanted to say I completely agree with PT on the fear thing. I talk to so many people held back by fear. Kinda reminded me of my first few sleep paralysis experiences. Once I was no longer afraid of them though they stopped happening. I spent a lot of time preparing myself to stand in the face of fear. Once I realized fear wasn't knocking on my door anymore I've let my guard down.

I have reason to believe a big test is coming though. Two nights ago I woke up to hear my wife leaving the bed to use the bathroom. I literally hear a voice telling me to pretend when she gets back to imagine I'm in sleep paralysis. When she comes walking back in, pretend it isn't your wife but an intruder of some kind. So I lay still. I hear her open the bathroom door, I can hear her footsteps walking into the room, and then she her dark figure just walking in.

I couldn't help but think if that did happen the way I imagined right then, I would be freaking terrified. There was a time not long ago I'd look forward to that challenge. Even set a trap for it. Something inside me is feeling like I better prepare to control my fear as exhaustingly as I used to. Something wicked comes my way lol. Part of preparing myself though includes trying to understand that just because something looks scary, or is even obviously trying to scare you, doesn't mean its necessarily bad, or evil. It may just be trying to get you to rise above yourself. To over come a difficult situation.

Oh to the OP. When you talked about that shadow possessing you, that was great stuff man. Sounds like a great movie scene. Not to make lite of it, sounds like a horrible experience. Anyhow I'm just trying to work that out. Do you believe that was also a matter of faith? Meaning that you believed you had become attached to this entity? So it manifested into your reality?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gnosisone said:

And that is why I believe my crazy grandmother in law was able to drive out (Actually felt like she "fried" it, like the ashes of it remained, weird when I think about it) the being. Because tho she was extremely crazy, (She believed we lived in a sea of demons for one thing, and one had to constantly pray and stay virtuous or the invisible demons would torment you, and one's faith and prayer acted as a shield) her massive amounts of faith gave her great spiritual strength. And so, for many, many years I was a fire and brimstone true believer in her version of Christianity, which was a hodgepodge of parts of Baptist, Catholic, and Pentecostal christian faiths, with a smattering of pagan influences. She had her own hand written Bible, that she believed was revealed to her by angelic voices (I believe she may have been mentally ill looking back, but like I said, she had an amazing level of faith). She had her own "Church", which consisted of her (The priest) and her husband, and anyone she could get to show, like me when I visited them. My mother forbid me to go back (I used to visit in the summers) when I came back after fasting for over a month (I only had a small handful of grapeseed and water, then eventually just water) and when my mom saw how rail thin I was, she told my mom beaming that I was blessed as I survived by "the will of God" for so long fasting due to my faith, which at that time was indeed high in her cult like religion.

I mean, it was so bad, that I later realized I was molested by my Grandad, and I prayed because I reasoned (It was pitch black) it was Satan attempting to harm my faith, and would pray until "Satan" left. So yes, for a long time I was immensely faithful. And faith can create miracles, no God or other higher power is needed for that.

Weird indeed. What amazes me about this is that she somehow saw, or at least sensed that entity. You never expressed anything to her about it before hand?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Weird indeed. What amazes me about this is that she somehow saw, or at least sensed that entity. You never expressed anything to her about it before hand?

as I know, when you are inside this religious abusive atmosphere it takes on a life of its own and you are very attuned to your controller. It might be that as she perceived the "demon" he solidified on the idea. Just a guess. Like when I was being exorcised by those strangers they took me to to "save" me from the dreams and seeing spirits, there were times I felt as if someone else was really there inside me, keeping me company and assuring me I didn't need to be afraid. That someone else wasn't pleased with them and in the end I laughed and laughed and laughed and when they believed that was the demon coming out, I decided that worked and stopped laughing and let them believe it so I could get away before they did worse to me. They were evil and such jokes and I needed to get away.

looking back I consider that duality I sensed and I wonder how many schizophrenics get made in this world. That other presence felt like me and safe just older, and is the person I grew into and I am now an older version. It should not have seemed like a second person cuddling with me emotionally inside the bunker of my skinny little body and not leaving me to feel alone and so scared. Or maybe that was my higher self so to speak stepping in to console me and get me through it. Or it was Jesus. ....

Or the demon won lmao....jk. If I am a demon then one loves God a whole lot and really doesn't trust people that much nor feel any need to take their souls :D 

Liminality was interesting to read about. I have had some extreme journeys like that, but those were under control, in meditation, so may not be at all the same experientially. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gnosisone said:

Thanks...

I don't see it so much as an "adversary", more like there are certain places that one can accidentally fall into at times.

Was really just wondering if there were others that have experienced this stuff. There are a lot of things in my past that leave me puzzled, I generally take it with a grain of salt, I mean, there's not much I can do but try to just deal and later reflect.

But again, thanks for the well wishes.

Fear = adversary to me, maybe. Trap = trapper 

I have been driven to some dark places inside by the abuse, and revisited some of them later through shamanism to understand them better so I could smooth over that part and make it familiar and safe. A modern way and method would be meditation I think. These others replying are probably better help in specifics. I am just really adept with the dark places inside us all, they do not bother me anymore, so sought to reach out until someone better able came along for you. Here they are :) 

22 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

as I know, when you are inside this religious abusive atmosphere it takes on a life of its own and you are very attuned to your controller. It might be that as she perceived the "demon" he solidified on the idea. Just a guess. Like when I was being exorcised by those strangers they took me to to "save" me from the dreams and seeing spirits, there were times I felt as if someone else was really there inside me, keeping me company and assuring me I didn't need to be afraid. That someone else wasn't pleased with them and in the end I laughed and laughed and laughed and when they believed that was the demon coming out, I decided that worked and stopped laughing and let them believe it so I could get away before they did worse to me. They were evil and such jokes and I needed to get away.

looking back I consider that duality I sensed and I wonder how many schizophrenics get made in this world. That other presence felt like me and safe just older, and is the person I grew into and I am now an older version. It should not have seemed like a second person cuddling with me emotionally inside the bunker of my skinny little body and not leaving me to feel alone and so scared. Or maybe that was my higher self so to speak stepping in to console me and get me through it. Or it was Jesus. ....

Or the demon won lmao....jk. If I am a demon then one loves God a whole lot and really doesn't trust people that much nor feel any need to take their souls :D 

Liminality was interesting to read about. I have had some extreme journeys like that, but those were under control, in meditation, so may not be at all the same experientially. 

Wow. Sounds like you have a hell of a story to tell. 

6 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Wow. Sounds like you have a hell of a story to tell. 

I skim over it in my blog entry "Where I Come From" sort of. Old history and I have done well enough, just have seen some odd places along the way. Anyway, this "demon" has to get on his nefarious way to drive his elderly Mother to her weekly hair appointment and then for her groceries. Peace all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I skim over it in my blog entry "Where I Come From" sort of. Old history and I have done well enough, just have seen some odd places along the way. Anyway, this "demon" has to get on his nefarious way to drive his elderly Mother to her weekly hair appointment and then for her groceries. Peace all.

I’ll check it out :tu:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Once I was no longer afraid of them though they stopped happening. I spent a lot of time preparing myself to stand in the face of fear. Once I realized fear wasn't knocking on my door anymore I've let my guard down.

I have reason to believe a big test is coming though. Two nights ago I woke up to hear my wife leaving the bed to use the bathroom. I literally hear a voice telling me to pretend when she gets back to imagine I'm in sleep paralysis. When she comes walking back in, pretend it isn't your wife but an intruder of some kind. So I lay still. I hear her open the bathroom door, I can hear her footsteps walking into the room, and then she her dark figure just walking in.

Something I've done before, that you might want to try, is create a thought form that addresses and overcomes that initial fear reaction. I still have problems there myself because the reaction is almost like 2nd nature thanks to a youth spent terrorized by SP.. The thought form I use is a semi dark unknown space that is new to me.. I wander through it, alone and vulnerable and eventually I find a Alien being that for all intent and purpose is in the same situation I am in. I realize it is like me in this place, and rather than back off in fear I team up with it and we move on together.. We find others, we repeat the process.. After a lot of resets and re-runs of the thought form it can take on a life of it's own, but essentially the intent is always overcoming fear of the unknown..

This can have some pretty wild effects on dream states if you do it before sleep.

• Like 2

I do "re-dreaming" with nightmares, which may be what you are describing here. I don't get them anymore, but the rare times I do they can be awful. I will wake up from it and go to work on dreaming it again/meditating it through but in the new version I fight off the threat or solve the issue. I teach this to my kid and she likes it. Coupled with dream analysis to check on if it tells you something about your real state (man you are stressed apparently) and acknowledging that in the conscious, it solves most dreaming issues. 

It makes me wonder Gnosisone if you worked more on your dreams if it would reduce these waking events you describe or allow more control of them.

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 1:16 AM, Gnosisone said:

There are plenty of websites about reality glitches and all seem to involve a trance state leading up to them.

I remember one where two people had been to the Chinese, got their takeaway, come home and opened the takeaway box to discover the restaurant had got one of their orders wrong. They talked about it for a few moments before the one with the wrong meal decided to eat it anyway. As they reached back into the box to get their meal out as if by magic it had become the correct order.

After they both sat there quite eating their meals for a few minutes one goes to the other - what the hell just happened? And the other said I dont know, that was weird. Extra dimensions???? 

• Like 1

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 1:16 AM, Gnosisone said:

I remember walking down an empty road thinking I need to cross the street.

There was a single car approaching with nothing else for miles around. I stopped, waited for it to pass, began crossing the road, and when I got to the other side looked back to check the car that has passed me. No car anywhere to be seen. Scary.

• Like 1

Time slips? Yeah. Had my godson in the car and we were driving through a nearby village on our way to the highway and I noticed in surprise that there were several small old wooden houses with for sale signs on them I had never really noticed. I was hoping back then to find a small house for my parents to move closer so it would not be so hard to care for them later in life as far away as they lived. So, Niral and I looked intently at the houses driving by and talked about it all the way on to Walmart. We decided on the way back to stop and write down the phone number and information on the signs. They were in a cluster right in the next lot beside an old church there. It is a small village, one road, you won't miss this.

But, on the way back, Niral with a pen and paper ready, we looked and not one of those old wooden houses there, no signs, instead there was one brick house filling that whole lot and it plainly was not new. I drove back and forth a few times, but we both saw there was nothing there like we had seen on our drive through earlier in the day and no way they had been removed or something in an hour or two.

I was glad he was with me to have a witness and not just end up wondering if I had lost my mind again :) 

• Like 1