Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Plants have a unique way of avoiding sunburn

UM-Bot

Such exciting times. I was born 1960 and have seen the most amazing things. Huge clunky electronics evolve into tiny wonder gadgets. I watched live as a man walked on the moon. Literally true automobiles, Transplants, medical technology, and breakthroughs. The fact that we can do these things in such a short period of history is astounding. We aren't just advancing, we're geometrically advancing. I wonder what tomorrow holds? *buckles seat belt and grins*

Hank

• Like 1

On 19/04/2018 at 11:42 AM, Hankenhunter said:

Such exciting times. I was born 1960 and have seen the most amazing things. Huge clunky electronics evolve into tiny wonder gadgets. I watched live as a man walked on the moon. Literally true automobiles, Transplants, medical technology, and breakthroughs. The fact that we can do these things in such a short period of history is astounding. We aren't just advancing, we're geometrically advancing. I wonder what tomorrow holds? *buckles seat belt and grins*

Hank

I was talking to a neighbour today, 94 years young, and he said to me, 
" back in my day the only computer we had was the bible and if you were lucky , a couple of books, even news of the war was months old by the time we got it  "
We do live in exciting times, our view of the world and even of ourselves as individuals and collectively , is not limited to a few books anymore .
I read once that by some ridiculously early age,  a child now knows more than our Grandparents did at the end of their lives .
DNA is an amazing advance and who knows where it will take us x

• Like 1

Read on I think Wikileaks that plants have and use melatonin not for sleep but for neutralizing free radicals and repairing damage, much as it helps us and animals too, during sleep. Hmmm, melatonin fertilizer anyone, lol, 1/2 kidding. ;-)