Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

White cloud across ceiling than down the wall

Jose Santos

Just wondering if anyone ever captured something similar.   It was captured with motion capture when no one was home... the camera is mounted on top of a 55" television.

It seems to cast a shadow when it appears and seems darker when climbing down the wall.  Goes across the ceiling which isn't visible... not sure if an insect could cause this?  Nothing else captured that night.  

Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks

First question I have is how does the word 'ghost?' suddenly appear on the small table during the middle of the video?

I entered the original video into an editor to add music and I was checking what other things the app would let me do so I added it.  But the video is original with the added music and word on the table.  

1 minute ago, Jose Santos said:

I entered the original video into an editor to add music and I was checking what other things the app would let me do so I added it.  But the video is original with the added music and word on the table.  

OK,  why was this internal room under surveillance in the first place? Was there suspected paranormal activity?

I wake up a lot through the night and I have heard noises downstairs before.  I found a small fork that wasn't from our house on top of the fridge. Last house I lived at the previous owner hung himself in the basement.  I found within the first week a sign that said "home is where you hang" it was missing the part that should say "your hat" creeped me right out.  Country music is heard downstairs sometimes but no radio on.  Had a couple of events of sleep paralysis as if someone is standing there and can't see who.  Seen a ghost on a hill while driving by a cemetery, all white, looked like the virgin Mary.  Car stalled as I drove by it.  Also have seen creatures in a flying disk when I was 6.  Weird stuff follows me so I am just trying to capture anything with real video so that I can prove that I am not crazy.  Hence the surveillance.  Also have a camera on the driveway outside.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jose Santos said:

I wake up a lot through the night and I have heard noises downstairs before.  I found a small fork that wasn't from our house on top of the fridge. Last house I lived at the previous owner hung himself in the basement.  I found within the first week a sign that said "home is where you hang" it was missing the part that should say "your hat" creeped me right out.  Country music is heard downstairs sometimes but no radio on.  Had a couple of events of sleep paralysis as if someone is standing there and can't see who.  Seen a ghost on a hill while driving by a cemetery, all white, looked like the virgin Mary.  Car stalled as I drove by it.  Also have seen creatures in a flying disk when I was 6.  Weird stuff follows me so I am just trying to capture anything with real video so that I can prove that I am not crazy.  Hence the surveillance.  Also have a camera on the driveway outside.

I doubt you are crazy.

Just curious about the ‘hat’ sign. Are you hinting it appeared in a place mysteriously or that you just eventually found it?

I was sweeping under a workbench in the basement in the room where he hung himself a few days after we moved in and that's where I found it.  I imagine it was coincidence...  

Also lately I hear an owl during the day every day.  Not sure if it means something. Seem to see owls everywhere without looking for them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jose Santos said:

Just wondering if anyone ever captured something similar.   It was captured with motion capture when no one was home... the camera is mounted on top of a 55" television.

It seems to cast a shadow when it appears and seems darker when climbing down the wall.  Goes across the ceiling which isn't visible... not sure if an insect could cause this?  Nothing else captured that night.  

Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks

Welcome to UM, 

Like you mentioned, I think that it may just be an insect walking around the outside of the lens. 

I can see what you’re referring to as a shadow, but again I think it’s just due to the out-of-focus insect. 

Was any other footage recorded before or after what you posted? It could offer more clues. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

Welcome to UM, 

Like you mentioned, I think that it may just be an insect walking around the outside of the lens. 

I can see what you’re referring to as a shadow, but again I think it’s just due to the out-of-focus insect. 

Was any other footage recorded before or after what you posted? It could offer more clues. 

I literally went to look for footage from before and after 2 hours prior you postimg this comment.  Unfortunately the footage is only kept for 7 days and has been deleted...  I am just assuming it was an insect and leave it at that.  It seems like the reflection on the glass door shows movement when its crawling down the wall.. still not 100% convinced it was an insect but it could very well be.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jose Santos said:

I am just assuming it was an insect and leave it at that.  

I am guessing you are also considering that you might just be caving into convention too easily there? 

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I am guessing you are also considering that you might just be caving into convention too easily there? 

For Pete's sake, man! :(

It's obviously a darn bug!

There's so little to see, it could be almost anything!  A bug, a ghost, a ghost bug.  :w00t:

The big question for me is... Why did you add music?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Krater said:

For Pete's sake, man! :(

It's obviously a darn bug!

OBVIOUSLY? Good Grief, man!

Very likely a bug crawling around the lens, it is not on the ceiling, it is right on the lens. Could also be fingertips or a cat's paw.

Spooky music is dumb and unnecessary.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

By adding music and writing ghost on the table make me think this whole post for the OP is a prank.

19 minutes ago, MissJatti said:

By adding music and writing ghost on the table make me think this whole post for the OP is a prank.

I guess I thought it was good idea to add music and write ghost at the time but i can see now why it takes away from the original video.   But it is a real motion capture at 4:19 in the morning when no one was home.  Haven't caught other bugs on the lenses since... so who knows.   It's too blurry to tell.   If i capture something in the middle of the room I will post an update. 

Its a bug flying past. Not unusual.

Need i mention the music and ghost bit?!

You would have been better of playing this.

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/A_Bug's_Life_(soundtrack)

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

Its a bug flying past.

No need to even consider other 'normal' explanations as there are no qualifiers in that statement. Now it's not even on the lens as other 'normal' explainers have already told me was 'obvious' but now rather the bug was 'flying past'.

My point: Be a little more open-minded.

Edited by papageorge1

Car lights passing the house which briefly shine in and light up the room,this happens to me a lot after dark when cars pass by my room...

On April 20, 2018 at 11:01 AM, papageorge1 said:

No need to even consider other 'normal' explanations as there are no qualifiers in that statement. Now it's not even on the lens as other 'normal' explainers have already told me was 'obvious' but now rather the bug was 'flying past'.

My point: Be a little more open-minded.

Be a little more observant and logical.