Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If God Exists, Where is He to be Found?

Guyver

I think the whole religious idea of God is inaccurate. Such as Yahweh or Jehovah seem to be imposters claiming to be the God and not to mention these stories were written by men to control individuals.

God is an idea every human has or don't. We all have or different version of what God is or isn't. Could it be that God is simply the source or beginning of the infinite number of realities that can be experienced? Maybe it is so that we and everything is God experiencing an infinite number of realities trying to figure out what we are. Quite the paradox really. Whatever you think God is makes that your reality even if God is a sun that you bow down to and worship. For the sun does give us the light and the food we need so really on this earth the sun is our God that we can see everyday and it walks across the water and turns water into wine.:tu:

• Like 1

On 5/11/2018 at 1:28 AM, Guyver said:

I want to know what the invisible hands were.  That's as deep and philosophical as I can get on it at this time. 

Thank you for writing up and sharing the experience.

I guess I'd have to have been there. In my neighborhood, there's ice on the sidwalks for maybe four months a year. We've all taken some hard falls 'round here, seen some worse than we've taken ourselves, and had our share of close calls where we don't know why we weren't flat on the ground.

I've also taken some good ones in the woods. My shoulder still makes a snap-crackle-pop sound, a year and a half after a rotator-cuff realigning fall. (The function has come back, without surgery - speaking of miracles - but the sound effects are still there). My personal worst was when I woke up on the ground looking at the rock my head just missed. And if you have invisible hands who held you up, I once tripped on nothing, just like I was pushed (very disconcerting; there's no shortage of things to trip over in the woods, but to go back over your steps and see that there's just nothing there but flat, level, nicely packed in dirt ... ).

There's nothing deep and philosophical in any of the above; I just wanted to make some response, since you were kind enough to describe your experience.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, JMPD1 said:

Ah well then, there you have it!  OK folks, shows over, the argument/debate is ended and we can all rest easy now. Because, you know, it is written.......

You didn't want a debate, you had already reached a conclusion.

6 minutes ago, Brother_Spirit said:

You didn't want a debate, you had already reached a conclusion.

Incorrect.  it is you who has reached a conclusion, based on ancient texts written by superstitious, ignorant, fearful people to form your world view that there is some entity that created and knows everything about the cosmos. You require no demonstrable evidence for this belief, only that it somehow feels good and allows you to think that someone, somewhere, has all the answers. And that if you are good little believer, someday you will be rewarded. When you are dead, and useless to the world we live in.

"A race of underwater Atlanteans will be discovered on May 29, 2018" by JMPD.

Thus it is writ, let it be so!

Does that make it true? 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, JMPD1 said:

based on ancient texts written by superstitious, ignorant, fearful people

[...]

You require no demonstrable evidence for this belief, only that it somehow feels good and allows you to think that someone somewhere, has all the answers

There are good grounds for believing that the New Testament writers viewed each other’s writings as sacred Scripture, literally inspired by God – and useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Edited by Brother_Spirit

4 minutes ago, Brother_Spirit said:

There are good grounds for believing that the New Testament writers viewed each other’s writings as sacred Scripture, literally inspired by God – and useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Also cherished for validating the burning of rich widows and their little daughters, among other unfortunate and luckless folks at the stake in the middle of Town Square brought forth by the selfless 'prickers'

~

Project MUSE - Witch Hunters: Professional Prickers, Unwitchers ...

https://muse.jhu.edu › ... › Volume 1, Number 1, Summer 2006
by M Gaskill - ‎2006

P. G. Maxwell-Stuart Witch Hunters: Professional Prickers, Unwitchers & Witch Finders of the Renaissance. Stroud, Gloucestershire: Tempus, 2003. Pp. 157.

~

Witch Hunters: Professional Prickers, Unwitchers ... - Google Books

https://books.google.com › History › Europe › Great Britain

From the doyen of witch-hunters, the Jesuit del Rio, to the British Matthew Hopkins, not to mention Pierre de Lancre, a judge who was responsible for burning ...

~

Witch hunters: Professional prickers, unwitchers and ... - Church Times

Book title: Witch hunters: Professional prickers, unwitchers and witch finders of the Renaissance Author: P. G. Maxwell-Stuart Publisher: Tempus Church Times ...

~

Download citation | Witch Hunters: Profe... | Martin del Rio, a Belgian Jesuit; Pierre de Lancre, a French lawyer; Battista Codronchi, an Italian doctor; Patrick ...

~

Matthew Hopkins - Wikipedia

Matthew Hopkins (c. 1620 – 12 August 1647) was an English witch-hunter whose career .... If the suspected witch had no such visible marks, invisible ones could be discovered by pricking, therefore employed "witch prickers" pricked the ...

~

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

You can believe the Bible contains a record divine revelation if you wish, but to ignore it's obvious flaws and mistakes is a doctrine of ignorance.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Brother_Spirit said:

You find no irony that 2 Timothy, from which you so ably quote (3:16-17), was falsely written in the name of the apostle Paul?

Who was dead at the time.

God inspires in mysterious ways.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Brother_Spirit said:

It is my understanding that the New Testament writers were Roman aristocrats. They had access to a vast number of books and literature to create their story. So if you think ruling class families were men of God you might have to rethink that. Not to mention what is a man of God when their are an infinite number of versions of God? What if my God is the Sun does that make me a man of God if I worship the sun?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

What if my God is the Sun does that make me a man of God if I worship the sun?

Depends what you are  wearing , or not wearing, when doing your worshiping ...

~

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, third_eye said:

Depends what you are  wearing , or not wearing, when doing your worshiping ...

~

I will have to make sure I do it on a Sun-Day while wearing a sun cross. Wouldn't I be a Christian then? Oh ****e!:lol:

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

The answer to the original question is: The universes are sentient God, is everything and nothing across all realms from the smallest particle to the whole. You are part of everything and everything is part of you. Jim Carry has awakened He has had this epiphany. I have known this since 2006 and had my suspicions years earlier. Have had OOBE several times.

• 1 month later...
On 19/04/2018 at 3:55 PM, Guyver said:

That's my question. 

To add.....is God to be found in this life, or what we think of God to be found?  Some people think we are God (or a part of  his essence) and this can be known if we become enlightened....but isn't this potentially what I just asked about us finding what we think of God?

The mind is quite something, probably more than we know.  Anyway, I'd like to hear your thoughts about coming to know God.  It seems to me that if God is to be found in this life, if He can be known.....then there wouldn't be any doubt about it.  Your thoughts?

well the egyptians detailed how God sends angels into the human vessel & they move around on the outside of it as well, & they take the soul of the human out at night & replace it in the morning. So if a person wants to seek God they need only get to know themselves & specifically their body temple. They are not God. They are a soul in a sleeping, blinded, forgetful state that is being led through various lives by God & the angels of God. So if they meditate they can meet God or the angels of God who are looking after their soul & walking through the world with them. 

God can come down from heaven or open the heavens & flood you with golden light & give you any type of encounter or experience. God can do anything. But at the same time God & the angels of God are living in people's body temples with them taking care of their souls.

Jesus states that He & His Father Will Manifest & Dwelll with you if you Love Him. This actually happened to me & it is an actual fact. Yet Christians generally say that no one can see God. They don't accept what Jesus said? Anyway The Father God & The Son Jesus will manifest physically to you. It is absolutey amazing & you will possibly go into shock when it happens. I did. 

God & Jesus showed me that the heavens, including the universe we perceive, are multilayered like a rainbow, & each layer is a different level of Heaven. And all the levels are in the same place just like the colours of the rainbow are all inside the same sunlight. So I have been made to watch God & Christ coming through the layers of the universal energy  into this universal layer we are on. It is extraordinary. It is where the extra dimensions fit in. A dimension is a direction in space. The extra dimension is the direction that leads out of this layer into the next layers of universal energy. It is absolutely real & awe striking to behold. I've seen it thousands of times over the years. 

There is zero magic involved. It is all pure science that God & the angels of God use.

So that is how you find God & meet God in person face to face. No mystery involved. Just pure science & an open mind to learn a new approach to the universe

2MlDiMz.jpg

Edited by Perfection
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Perfection said:

well the egyptians detailed how God sends angels into the human vessel & they move around on the outside of it as well, & they take the soul of the human out at night & replace it in the morning. So if a person wants to seek God they need only get to know themselves & specifically their body temple. They are not God. They are a soul in a sleeping, blinded, forgetful state that is being led through various lives by God & the angels of God. So if they meditate they can meet God or the angels of God who are looking after their soul & walking through the world with them. 

God can come down from heaven or open the heavens & flood you with golden light & give you any type of encounter or experience. God can do anything. But at the same time God & the angels of God are living in people's body temples with them taking care of their souls.

Jesus states that He & His Father Will Manifest & Dwelll with you if you Love Him. This actually happened to me & it is an actual fact. Yet Christians generally say that no one can see God. They don't accept what Jesus said? Anyway The Father God & The Son Jesus will manifest physically to you. It is absolutey amazing & you will possibly go into shock when it happens. I did. 

God & Jesus showed me that the heavens, including the universe we perceive, are multilayered like a rainbow, & each layer is a different level of Heaven. And all the levels are in the same place just like the colours of the rainbow are all inside the same sunlight. So I have been made to watch God & Christ coming through the layers of the universal energy  into this universal layer we are on. It is extraordinary. It is where the extra dimensions fit in. A dimension is a direction in space. The extra dimension is the direction that leads out of this layer into the next layers of universal energy. It is absolutely real & awe striking to behold. I've seen it thousands of times over the years. 

There is zero magic involved. It is all pure science that God & the angels of God use.

So that is how you find God & meet God in person face to face. No mystery involved. Just pure science & an open mind to learn a new approach to the universe

2MlDiMz.jpg

May I ask you if that picture is a true representation of God that you claim to have met?

Yes sometimes God appears like that. God is a spiritual being & can change form & appear in any way He likes. Like when Jesus appeared on the road after His death & no one recognised Him. His form had changed.

• Like 1

On 19/4/2018 at 12:55 AM, Guyver said:

That's my question. 

To add.....is God to be found in this life, or what we think of God to be found?  Some people think we are God (or a part of  his essence) and this can be known if we become enlightened....but isn't this potentially what I just asked about us finding what we think of God?

The mind is quite something, probably more than we know.  Anyway, I'd like to hear your thoughts about coming to know God.  It seems to me that if God is to be found in this life, if He can be known.....then there wouldn't be any doubt about it.  Your thoughts?

Everyone:

Enjoy!.

Edited by Luis Marco

• 2 weeks later...

Where is he to be found is a very good question. Our minds can't even comprehend where God is, yet, myself included, and like most people, think we have all the answers or discourage others from some sort of visual. Picture a circle, and 1/8 of it is filled in at the top part of it. The rest is open. We know the 1/8 of it and everything in that. Eventually we'll get our knowledge to fill in a quarter of it. The part we dont know, that's where God is as well. We're taught we are in his image AND likeness. So maybe God is in everyone one of us. I am also willing to bet, the ancient deities of Mesopotamia, Egypt, etc......were the Fallen ones.  Anyways, thank you for an awesome question and I apologize if my typing is off. Using my phone for this makes things interesting :-)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Akrem66 said:

Where is he to be found is a very good question. Our minds can't even comprehend where God is, yet, myself included, and like most people, think we have all the answers or discourage others from some sort of visual. Picture a circle, and 1/8 of it is filled in at the top part of it. The rest is open. We know the 1/8 of it and everything in that. Eventually we'll get our knowledge to fill in a quarter of it. The part we dont know, that's where God is as well. We're taught we are in his image AND likeness. So maybe God is in everyone one of us. I am also willing to bet, the ancient deities of Mesopotamia, Egypt, etc......were the Fallen ones.  Anyways, thank you for an awesome question and I apologize if my typing is off. Using my phone for this makes things interesting :-)

Well, the man did say basically that if you're going to look for God here, or look for him there,  don't bother.

Because "God is within you." Luke 17:21

Edited by Will Due

Where is he to be found is a very good question. Our minds can't even comprehend where God is, yet, myself included, and like most people, think we have all the answers or discourage others from some sort of visual. Picture a circle, and 1/8 of it is filled in at the top part of it. The rest is open. We know the 1/8 of it and everything in that. Eventually we'll get our knowledge to fill in a quarter of it. The part we dont know, that's where God is as well.

Ah, the god of gaps. Who dwells in the realm of human ignorance.

I am also willing to bet, the ancient deities of Mesopotamia, Egypt, etc......were the Fallen ones.

If this was a real bet you would've lost. Your god evolved from these religions.

• Like 1

On 07/05/2018 at 7:20 PM, Jodie.Lynne said:

So fined tuned?

If so, may I ask why the universe, and our very planet are so hostile to human life?

Old post i know but that is the wrong way of looking at it.

We are here because our little bit of the universe was suited to our particular form of life .

Thus, for us, the universe is not hostile, but benign and nurturing,  or we would not be here discussing it. 

At worst indifferent, but not hostile. 

2 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Old post i know but that is the wrong way of looking at it.

We are here because our little bit of the universe was suited to our particular form of life .

Thus, for us, the universe is not hostile, but benign and nurturing,  or we would not be here discussing it. 

At worst indifferent, but not hostile. 

So, you reply to an old post just so you can say:  "you are wrong, my perspective is the best."    Modus Operandi.

4 hours ago, joc said:

So, you reply to an old post just so you can say:  "you are wrong, my perspective is the best."    Modus Operandi.

No i try to read all posts and respond to those i disagree with, or agree with. Lot's don't need a reply.  

The thread showed some unread posts, so i went to it and began working through from  the first unread post 

Given that everything is dependent on perspective, nonetheless, I cant see how a HOSTILE universe could evolve life so well suited to it.

Evolution works by selecting life best suited to an environment. Thus  life and environment are almost never truly inimical to each other,  or life could not evolve 

Ps yes i know it can be annoying, but i am just 'built"  that way, which is  probably why i spent a life time teaching.  I feel compelled to correct errors of any kind :) 

Errors and ignorance are dangerous, and limit a person's abilty and capacity  to think and act constructively 

Always open to debate.  

Edited by Mr Walker

On 8/30/2018 at 10:31 AM, Will Due said:

Because "God is within you." Luke 17:21

I have always compared that verse with stuff like this:

2a6n9y.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2018 at 10:55 PM, Guyver said:

That's my question. 

I suspect God is the collective consciousness of the universe. In this case you are in gods body. 

• 4 months later...

I would like to hear more talk of a Goddess to which the most common answer appears to be that the divine being is genderless. That attributing a masculine reference to it is done merely for the sake of language, but if such is the case why then is the being never referred to as a she? LOL

• Thanks 1