Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Guyver

If God Exists, Where is He to be Found?

816 posts in this topic

Stubbly_Dooright
On 5/8/2018 at 10:11 AM, Relam said:
On 5/7/2018 at 11:49 AM, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Interesting. Interesting. But, my feelings on the varying differences of individual egos still stands with me. In which, also goes into the varying maturity levels with today's mankind as well as the past mankind 

Now, on the part of the video, where he says God is intelligence, and we are part of God, it doesn't seem where he gets proof of that. How does he come to make these statements, where are his evidences of that? 

Sorry, but that pushed me away in the video. ( I can see where you can see it separates the two, but these are two provable subjects, but I can't see how you can be definite that God is definitely intelligence. That would seem to me, as an assumption. ) How do you know, God is intelligence. And I'm not saying or asking this for me, but to see why you would think this. 

In the end of this though, going back to my point of maturity and the religious ideal of life after to death, it's still the same for that, as opposed to who is mature someday, and those of now and the past. So, maybe I could entertain how our brains probably can't handle the spiritual aspect of such things, but I don't think it's because of mankind not ready for it now, but not ready for it in this part of existence. 

And, I'm saying this for me, not to say you should too. I'm not making statements, just opinionated feelings about it. When I see statements, I was hoping for sources with evidences. 

Yeah i think the same for ego as you said,that its varying.

its good to questioning things, i am like that too.Maybe God is not even close as religions such as Christianity,Islam,Judaism describing him..Im not really religious because religions now are business and politics, and is seen through prism of money, maybe religion didnt want that but it is now like that. But good stuff can be found in every religion too. Its sad that they killed spirituality in religions. I like spirituality and i think there is some force behind all this,but it is not like how religions telling us... All that we have is hope for the next level after we die, we only know that nobody returned...

Not that I'm disagreeing with you. (IN a sense), but who are they? The ones who killed spirituality in religions?

On 5/8/2018 at 1:40 AM, DRAGYN RAKEN said:
On 5/7/2018 at 11:54 AM, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Ok, I'll re-ask the question in a way to show what I meant. How would everybody know, objectively? 

I think, and I say this for myself as well ( in my own path and what I think could be awakening, or such that I feel is my path ) I really don't think this is something for me to assume it objectively and that it's something that I can say in statements that it happened. I feel, I don't have the proof to show that. 

I mean, what about those you mention having this, could it be something else? Something physical. (I'm sure there will be some here who will say it's something in the brain. And they could be right.) 

How would you be able to convince otherwise that it's not? 

That's what I meant about, how would everybody know? Because, I think it's a subjective experience, not one to be felt as objective. 

Look for sign, be aware surrounding, understand how everything work, understand why it happen, understand why they exist. If a person couldn't be bothered for how all things work or shut themselves or been guide wrongly, they might forever stuck and never know why. But then people also have to active all their chakra so they can connect to the universe. There's no way to prove it in physical, except self explain and self understanding. If is wrong then look further and more answer. If can be proven physically then everybody knows it and everybody can do the same thing to get enlightenment.

Well, for me, I see you make statements about this, and not in your point of view, your opinion. Why do you do this? I can dig opinionated point of views of your path. If I don't have proof, then it's put in a way for me to explain it in how I see and live it. 

I'm not asking for me. Like you, I already know for me. 

The world is full of chaos, stress, misguide, manipulate and force people to not to think or listen to their inner self instead physical world. Meditation is not about being at peace, it also use to communicate to the other side of the world.

Reality spirits are everywhere. No need use whatever paranormal equipment.

Note:

I just know what I know. Want proof? Sorry kids, which magician will tell you how they do their tricks? All I can tell is how and where I got them.

Did you want me to believe you? 

• Like 2

Brother_Spirit
21 hours ago, JMPD1 said:

Except for your god, right? He/she/it just "always was".  I do believe that is a case of special pleading.

It is written.

danydandan
7 minutes ago, Brother_Spirit said:

It is written.

Do you believe the Bible infallible?

• Like 1

third_eye

There's nothing wrong in believing the Bible infallible , the problem usually starts when it becomes an insistence ...

~

• Like 5

JMPD1
3 hours ago, Brother_Spirit said:

It is written.

Ah well then, there you have it!  OK folks, shows over, the argument/debate is ended and we can all rest easy now. Because, you know, it is written.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Truthseeker007

I think the whole religious idea of God is inaccurate. Such as Yahweh or Jehovah seem to be imposters claiming to be the God and not to mention these stories were written by men to control individuals.

God is an idea every human has or don't. We all have or different version of what God is or isn't. Could it be that God is simply the source or beginning of the infinite number of realities that can be experienced? Maybe it is so that we and everything is God experiencing an infinite number of realities trying to figure out what we are. Quite the paradox really. Whatever you think God is makes that your reality even if God is a sun that you bow down to and worship. For the sun does give us the light and the food we need so really on this earth the sun is our God that we can see everyday and it walks across the water and turns water into wine.:tu:

• Like 1

eight bits
On 5/11/2018 at 1:28 AM, Guyver said:

I want to know what the invisible hands were.  That's as deep and philosophical as I can get on it at this time. 

Thank you for writing up and sharing the experience.

I guess I'd have to have been there. In my neighborhood, there's ice on the sidwalks for maybe four months a year. We've all taken some hard falls 'round here, seen some worse than we've taken ourselves, and had our share of close calls where we don't know why we weren't flat on the ground.

I've also taken some good ones in the woods. My shoulder still makes a snap-crackle-pop sound, a year and a half after a rotator-cuff realigning fall. (The function has come back, without surgery - speaking of miracles - but the sound effects are still there). My personal worst was when I woke up on the ground looking at the rock my head just missed. And if you have invisible hands who held you up, I once tripped on nothing, just like I was pushed (very disconcerting; there's no shortage of things to trip over in the woods, but to go back over your steps and see that there's just nothing there but flat, level, nicely packed in dirt ... ).

There's nothing deep and philosophical in any of the above; I just wanted to make some response, since you were kind enough to describe your experience.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Brother_Spirit
17 hours ago, JMPD1 said:

Ah well then, there you have it!  OK folks, shows over, the argument/debate is ended and we can all rest easy now. Because, you know, it is written.......

You didn't want a debate, you had already reached a conclusion.

JMPD1
6 minutes ago, Brother_Spirit said:

You didn't want a debate, you had already reached a conclusion.

Incorrect.  it is you who has reached a conclusion, based on ancient texts written by superstitious, ignorant, fearful people to form your world view that there is some entity that created and knows everything about the cosmos. You require no demonstrable evidence for this belief, only that it somehow feels good and allows you to think that someone, somewhere, has all the answers. And that if you are good little believer, someday you will be rewarded. When you are dead, and useless to the world we live in.

"A race of underwater Atlanteans will be discovered on May 29, 2018" by JMPD.

Thus it is writ, let it be so!

Does that make it true? 

• Like 3

Brother_Spirit
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, JMPD1 said:

based on ancient texts written by superstitious, ignorant, fearful people

[...]

You require no demonstrable evidence for this belief, only that it somehow feels good and allows you to think that someone somewhere, has all the answers

There are good grounds for believing that the New Testament writers viewed each other’s writings as sacred Scripture, literally inspired by God – and useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Edited by Brother_Spirit

third_eye
4 minutes ago, Brother_Spirit said:

There are good grounds for believing that the New Testament writers viewed each other’s writings as sacred Scripture, literally inspired by God – and useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Also cherished for validating the burning of rich widows and their little daughters, among other unfortunate and luckless folks at the stake in the middle of Town Square brought forth by the selfless 'prickers'

~

Project MUSE - Witch Hunters: Professional Prickers, Unwitchers ...

https://muse.jhu.edu › ... › Volume 1, Number 1, Summer 2006
by M Gaskill - ‎2006

P. G. Maxwell-Stuart Witch Hunters: Professional Prickers, Unwitchers & Witch Finders of the Renaissance. Stroud, Gloucestershire: Tempus, 2003. Pp. 157.

~

Witch Hunters: Professional Prickers, Unwitchers ... - Google Books

https://books.google.com › History › Europe › Great Britain

From the doyen of witch-hunters, the Jesuit del Rio, to the British Matthew Hopkins, not to mention Pierre de Lancre, a judge who was responsible for burning ...

~

Witch hunters: Professional prickers, unwitchers and ... - Church Times

Book title: Witch hunters: Professional prickers, unwitchers and witch finders of the Renaissance Author: P. G. Maxwell-Stuart Publisher: Tempus Church Times ...

~

Download citation | Witch Hunters: Profe... | Martin del Rio, a Belgian Jesuit; Pierre de Lancre, a French lawyer; Battista Codronchi, an Italian doctor; Patrick ...

~

Matthew Hopkins - Wikipedia

Matthew Hopkins (c. 1620 – 12 August 1647) was an English witch-hunter whose career .... If the suspected witch had no such visible marks, invisible ones could be discovered by pricking, therefore employed "witch prickers" pricked the ...

~

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Hammerclaw

You can believe the Bible contains a record divine revelation if you wish, but to ignore it's obvious flaws and mistakes is a doctrine of ignorance.

• Like 3

eight bits
2 hours ago, Brother_Spirit said:

You find no irony that 2 Timothy, from which you so ably quote (3:16-17), was falsely written in the name of the apostle Paul?

Who was dead at the time.

God inspires in mysterious ways.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Truthseeker007
2 hours ago, Brother_Spirit said:

It is my understanding that the New Testament writers were Roman aristocrats. They had access to a vast number of books and literature to create their story. So if you think ruling class families were men of God you might have to rethink that. Not to mention what is a man of God when their are an infinite number of versions of God? What if my God is the Sun does that make me a man of God if I worship the sun?

• Like 1

third_eye
5 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

What if my God is the Sun does that make me a man of God if I worship the sun?

Depends what you are  wearing , or not wearing, when doing your worshiping ...

~

• Haha 2

Truthseeker007
17 hours ago, third_eye said:

Depends what you are  wearing , or not wearing, when doing your worshiping ...

~

I will have to make sure I do it on a Sun-Day while wearing a sun cross. Wouldn't I be a Christian then? Oh ****e!:lol:

• Haha 1