Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Guyver

If God Exists, Where is He to be Found?

829 posts in this topic

joc
2 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Old post i know but that is the wrong way of looking at it.

We are here because our little bit of the universe was suited to our particular form of life .

Thus, for us, the universe is not hostile, but benign and nurturing,  or we would not be here discussing it. 

At worst indifferent, but not hostile. 

So, you reply to an old post just so you can say:  "you are wrong, my perspective is the best."    Modus Operandi.

Mr Walker
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, joc said:

So, you reply to an old post just so you can say:  "you are wrong, my perspective is the best."    Modus Operandi.

No i try to read all posts and respond to those i disagree with, or agree with. Lot's don't need a reply.  

The thread showed some unread posts, so i went to it and began working through from  the first unread post 

Given that everything is dependent on perspective, nonetheless, I cant see how a HOSTILE universe could evolve life so well suited to it.

Evolution works by selecting life best suited to an environment. Thus  life and environment are almost never truly inimical to each other,  or life could not evolve 

Ps yes i know it can be annoying, but i am just 'built"  that way, which is  probably why i spent a life time teaching.  I feel compelled to correct errors of any kind :) 

Errors and ignorance are dangerous, and limit a person's abilty and capacity  to think and act constructively 

Always open to debate.  

Edited by Mr Walker

MysticWolf
On 8/30/2018 at 10:31 AM, Will Due said:

Because "God is within you." Luke 17:21

I have always compared that verse with stuff like this:

2a6n9y.jpg

White Crane Feather
On 4/18/2018 at 10:55 PM, Guyver said:

That's my question. 

To add.....is God to be found in this life, or what we think of God to be found?  Some people think we are God (or a part of  his essence) and this can be known if we become enlightened....but isn't this potentially what I just asked about us finding what we think of God?

The mind is quite something, probably more than we know.  Anyway, I'd like to hear your thoughts about coming to know God.  It seems to me that if God is to be found in this life, if He can be known.....then there wouldn't be any doubt about it.  Your thoughts?

I suspect God is the collective consciousness of the universe. In this case you are in gods body.