Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Missing Nazi submarine mystery finally solved

UM-Bot

They'll bring it up and discover a crazy old nazi that has been surviving in it since 1943.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Almost sounds like the sub tried a crash dive to escape and somehow buried itself in the sea floor.  Maybe a funnel of some sort sucked the sub in and the sea floor filled the hole in around the sub over the decades.

Let's guess. Heavy in gold lingots.

13 hours ago, moonman said:

They'll bring it up and discover a crazy old nazi that has been surviving in it since 1943.

"The Watch Below" (1979) and "Goliath Awaits" (1981) come to mind.

https://www.amazon.com/WATCH-BELOW-James-White/dp/0345276914/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1524283372&sr=8-1&keywords=the+watch+below

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082461/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_57

And here I was thinking Hitler did actually escape to South America just like they said on the History Channel.

Edited by A rather obscure Bassoon

17 hours ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

And here I was thinking Hitler did actually escape to South America just like they said on the History Channel.

I just realised, in a flash of inspiration, that if you add an "s" and a "t" to History Channel it becomes an anagram of s**t story Channel. Coincidence? I think not... :D

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 4:24 PM, paperdyer said:

Almost sounds like the sub tried a crash dive to escape and somehow buried itself in the sea floor.  Maybe a funnel of some sort sucked the sub in and the sea floor filled the hole in around the sub over the decades.

Why does there have to be a funnel? Sonar was iffy in those days, and we don't even know if this boat was equipped with it. Maybe the Captain thought he had more water under the keel and ordered a deep dive. Or perhaps the forward compartments became flooded and caused the boat to drive itself into the bottom.