Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
RavenHawk

Democratic Party files lawsuit

143 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

RavenHawk
35 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

You seem to be trying to use progressive as an insult.

It’s not the main intent and it’s not “seem”.  I’m using “Progressive” (capital “P”) as a label.  The Democrat Party no longer exists, even though the name may be bandied about as in ‘DNC’, but there is nothing classically liberal left.  It has become the American Socialist Party.

 

Progressive is the opposite. It's what has driven society forward to where we now stand. 

No, it’s not.  It’s just like the old Soviet Bloc nations.  Almost everyone had “People’s Socialist Democratic Republic” as part of the name.  And they weren’t any of them except ‘Socialist’.  That’s not progress.  Society, culture, and civilization progress in time but not from Socialism.

 

On the other hand, if I were to call you regressive...

It would be meaningless.  Conservatism is not regressive anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
RavenHawk
2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Also, @RavenHawk, Trump isn't even named in the suit.

For all practical purposes, he is.  It is the Trump Campaign.  It is just another level of deflection because the Progressives can’t have their way and they are pouting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RavenHawk
2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I get that you feel that way but until the judge announces that the law views it the same way he is in a precarious position.

It has nothing to do with what I feel.  It is historical and has never been invoked.  It’ll depend on how the judge leans.  The Progressives will be fishing for a favorable jurist.  That’ll shoot down their cause right there.  Even a civil case would have to prove collusion.  There is none and collusion is not a crime.  And again, this would open up the DNC to discovery.  Their lawyers need to advise them what this would mean.  That suit will be pulled very fast.

 

No he's not. Not even he believes that rhetoric, it was a mantra designed by analytics to garner votes.

Well Hello!!!  That is what campaign promises are and he’s been following through on them.

 

Please take a close look at the people he has surrounded himself with and the corruption they brought with them. 

And?  People have been so shocked that Trump’s Cabinet and Administration is in such turmoil because of the turnover.  Has it ever occurred to you that he’s been using the swamp people to use their expertise and then he disposes of them when their usefulness is over?  Didn’t Patton do the same in post war Germany?

 

The only thing that keeps trump from being an "insider" is his social awkwardness. Other than that he was raised as an insider, his friends are insiders and his money has ensured he has spent a lifetime surrounded by insiders. 

He’s not a Washington insider.  He knows how the process works and he knows what’s wrong with it.  So he knows how to fix it.  In a way, he has become the insider and the swamp is becoming the outsider.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

at this time the swamp is in liberal minds a lot more than in DC. it is also mixed with lots of TDS. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
2 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Well Hello!!!  That is what campaign promises are and he’s been following through on them.

Yes he did say that campaign promise after it was created through an analytical program which chose the best mantra for him to use. 

Like all politicians however what he says and what he does are all too often wayyyy different things. 

2 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

And?  People have been so shocked that Trump’s Cabinet and Administration is in such turmoil because of the turnover.  Has it ever occurred to you that he’s been using the swamp people to use their expertise and then he disposes of them when their usefulness is over?  Didn’t Patton do the same in post war Germany?

I'm not shocked because of the turnover, you could see that coming from a mile away. 

The people he has surrounded himself and the people he continues to surround himself with are the worst of the swamp creatures. Its interesting watching people try and justify things like the hiring of Bolton while trying to cling to the "outsider" or "drain the swamp" rhetoric. 

Like I said please take a close (and honest) look at the rampant corruption Trump has brought with him.

2 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

He’s not a Washington insider.  He knows how the process works and he knows what’s wrong with it.  So he knows how to fix it.  In a way, he has become the insider and the swamp is becoming the outsider.

So does swamp just mean democrat to you? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Posted (edited)

well we had enjoyed Muller circus for almost 2 years,  lets watch something new,  i got to give it to dems, i may not like their position, but i sure find them very entertaining,  not a dull day with them, oh have you seen  Melania's shoes? what kind of message was she trying to send.?

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
6 minutes ago, aztek said:

oh have you seen  Melania's shoes?

Ha the real story is have you seen Melania's smile?! That pic of her smiling with Obama at the funeral may be the first time ive ever seen her smile. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michelle
3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Ha the real story is have you seen Melania's smile?! That pic of her smiling with Obama at the funeral may be the first time ive ever seen her smile. 

Yeah, that is what all the left wing sites are saying. :rolleyes: I've seen her smile plenty.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
1 minute ago, Michelle said:

Yeah, that is what all the left wing sites are saying. :rolleyes: I've seen her smile plenty.

Yeah I do think the headlines have been something of a cheap shot but my comment was legit and not intended as a slight. I cant ever recall seeing her smile before that picture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Posted (edited)

who cares about her smile look at her louboutins how many homeless she can feed for that price, lol

yes i have seen her smile too before, but not much, can't blame her, from all the negativity and garbage left throws at her and even at her son sometimes. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michelle

Michelle certainly wasn't smiling, but I haven't heard a peep about that. As a matter of fact she looked rather peeved. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
41 minutes ago, aztek said:

well we had enjoyed Muller circus for almost 2 years

It's not even been a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77

Federal Lawsuit Against President Trump's Business Interests Allowed To Proceed

 

Quote

In a blow to President Trump, a federal judge says a lawsuit that alleges Trump's business interests violate the Constitution can proceed.

Federal District Judge Peter Messitte denied the Department of Justice's request to dismiss a case brought by the attorneys general of Maryland and the District of Columbia. The Emoluments Clause bars any president from personally profiting from his dealings with foreign governments — or even U.S. state governments.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

 

reading this article it's clearly a politically motivated lawsuit.....

if people want to go and stay at a hotel leased by the Trump Organization that's up to them .....
(and Trump has passed on the reigns and leadership of the Trump Organization while he's president ?) 

The hotel is housed in the Old Post Office, which is owned by the federal government and leased by the Trump Organization. Legal challenges to the Trump Organization's lease on the property have not succeeded.

I expect a better service, security and privacy wise can be got there - the guests wouldn't want to be completely
at the mercy of the rogue elements in the FBI, CIA and NSA.... and their antics...in other hotels. 
^_^

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
1 minute ago, bee said:

if people want to go and stay at a hotel leased by the Trump Organization that's up to them .....

Well except for this little thing we have over here called the constitution which kinda prohibits that from happening in relation to foreign powers flowing money into the POTUS' accounts. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Well except for this little thing we have over here called the constitution which kinda prohibits that from happening in relation to foreign powers flowing money into the POTUS' accounts. 

 

 

well if..... "Legal challenges to the Trump Organization's lease on the property have not succeeded."

then the lawsuit must be all but lost already... but that doesn't matter because it will provide negative press for the MSM (and you?) 
for a little while - *slow hand clap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
1 minute ago, bee said:

 

well if..... "Legal challenges to the Trump Organization's lease on the property have not succeeded."

then the lawsuit must be all but lost already... but that doesn't matter because it will provide negative press for the MSM (and you?) 
for a little while - *slow hand clap

Um challenging the Trump Organization's lease and arguing that the POTUS is violating the emoluments clause of the constitution are two wholly separate issues. 

Nice try though :tu:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Um challenging the Trump Organization's lease and arguing that the POTUS is violating the emoluments clause of the constitution are two wholly separate issues. 

Nice try though :tu:

 

we'll see...... do let us know when the case fails.... (after months of much gnashing of teeth and fake outrage by Trump Detractors)...  :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.