Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cows could end up as world's largest mammals

UM-Bot

That could be kind of scary.                                                                      1401285792426a7-original-1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/21/2018 at 4:54 AM, UM-Bot said:

Scientists have warned that cows could eventually become the largest remaining mammals on Earth.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/317431/cows-could-end-up-as-worlds-largest-mammals

You had me going there for a minute, I thought I would have to get a bigger pail and use a step ladder.

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 09/05/2018 at 9:34 PM, MySummerJob said:

I thought this was going to be a light-hearted topic saying that cows were evolving into something huge...

However, this reality (like always) is just depressing.

Same here - I imagined science had found a way to breed them bigger and bigger to solve world-hunger with stakes and beefburgers.  Or - given the amount of methane they produce daily - stick a cork up their bums and watch them inflate to elephant size.

This is more akin to vandalism - smash up your neighbours cars until you can boast "mine's the fastest car on our street".  We humans have wreaked so much damage to nature and the planet that the least we can do is stop killing off entire species for no good reason.  (Even mosquitoes serve an important role in food chains.)  I've never seen a blue whale but it's nice to know they're out there, laughing and frolicking and hiding from Japanese scientists.