Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Donald Trump set to visit UK this summer

Still Waters

48 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

he's completely upfront? 

can you be completely up front and an habitual liar at the same time.

I suppose you can be if taken in individual moments in time.

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

"Like a mob boss?".. whatever.. get over it... He is your King... Now bow!!

yes you tell that sulky subject  !! 

although it's not easy to bow when you have an axe to grind AND a chip on your shoulder  .... :innocent:

7 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

can you be completely up front and an habitual liar at the same time.

I suppose you can be if taken in individual moments in time.

I mean upfront in that he doesn't, what was it, bother to hide his moral bankruptcy and all the rest of it, as Farmer said. That surely is a kind of rather refreshing honesty in those who wish to rule us. 

Edited by Vlad the Mighty
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

You mean that hypocrisy and a camouflage of suave urbanity is preferable? Isn't that actually one of America's Donald Trump's selling points, that he doesn't have this fake facade of sanctimonious hypocrisy, and he's completely upfront? 

perhaps that's it........... he isn't fake enough to command respect in this Age of Fakery.........^_^ 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bee said:

perhaps that's it........... he isn't fake enough to command respect in this Age of Fakery.

Not sure how to take that - it must be down to perceptions.

My perception of the man is that he IS the epitome of fake. 

10 hours ago, OverSword said:

Using the English members of this forum and brexiters as a gauge it seems he'll be fine.  After all they did elect Nigel Farage to be EU representative for decades. :P

I haven't forgiven him for the Syria Strikes yet  (although it could have been a lot worse with a different president)  -
but as far as I'm concerned he's very welcome to come - 
Many people here are going to go nuts over it and will thoroughly enjoy a couple of days of self righteous rampaging -

The security will be a nightmare but I think it should go ok... ... in spite of the hostile MSM putting a negative spin on it all...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Not sure how to take that - it must be down to perceptions.

My perception of the man is that he IS the epitome of fake. 

just goes to show doesn't it... how different perceptions and opinions can be.....

I think that because people are so used to career politicians who have got their Act and Script fine tuned --
someone coming into the Top Job from outside the political arena isn't as polished and hasn't been coerced into conforming...

so someone who hasn't yet conformed to the fake political persona might appear fake because they're different.... :D

(something like that)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 21/04/2018 at 2:45 PM, stevewinn said:

Brilliant. should have been over here within weeks of being elected, But the hatred and the driven agenda from the Left wing media made it near impossible, so here we are two years after him becoming President and finally a state visit. Its embarrassing that the British establishment bowing to this left wing media as taken this long to organise the visit for the office of President of the United States of America. they are a weak lot in the UK Parliament. 

It had nothing to do with bowing to 'left wing media'. Trump cancelled the trip himself because he didn't want his visit to be marred with protests. 

• Like 1

Maybe he's coming to get tips on how to build a border wall?170119_hadrians_wall.jpg.c9c98acf9a696d4a013e8006950fd720.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It had nothing to do with bowing to 'left wing media'. Trump cancelled the trip himself because he didn't want his visit to be marred with protests. 

bloody was, they create a **** storm out of thin air, take a single ants poo and build it up into Mt Olympus, creating a narrative that the whole country (UK) was against Trump, CNN, BBC, Guardian, the left wing establishment the lot of them fake news outlets have done and continue to try and do a hatchet job on Trump. they think their published opinion is public opinion but it ain't. with that back drop it was wise to cancel any trip because of all the hysteria over Brexit and Trump we'd have had all the social media idiots out.

And lets face it when Trump does comes to town, just watch the left wing media.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stevewinn said:

bloody was, they create a **** storm out of thin air, take a single ants poo and build it up into Mt Olympus, creating a narrative that the whole country (UK) was against Trump, CNN, BBC, Guardian, the left wing establishment the lot of them fake news outlets have done and continue to try and do a hatchet job on Trump. they think their published opinion is public opinion but it ain't. with that back drop it was wise to cancel any trip because of all the hysteria over Brexit and Trump we'd have had all the social media idiots out.

And lets face it when Trump does comes to town, just watch the left wing media.

You think those mentioned news outlets are fake news? I'd delete my Facebook if I were you mate. Or at least make it my mission to discover the actual definition of fake news.

You sound like a frothing Trump supporter, but you'll find that the majority in this country, outside of construction sites, don't feel the same way as you about Trump.

The guy writes his own headlines. No 'hatchet job' needed.

And, again, Trump cancelled the trip. It had nothing to do with what you perceive as the 'left wing media'.

2 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

You think those mentioned news outlets are fake news? I'd delete my Facebook if I were you mate. Or at least make it my mission to discover the actual definition of fake news.

You sound like a frothing Trump supporter, but you'll find that the majority in this country, outside of construction sites, don't feel the same way as you about Trump.

The guy writes his own headlines. No 'hatchet job' needed.

And, again, Trump cancelled the trip. It had nothing to do with what you perceive as the 'left wing media'.

I am not a big Trump fan, but why would i be, i am not American,  but the media did make out as if he was not welcome here.....NOT something i was ever asked about as i and MANY i know have no problem him coming here. 

We have had leaders from arab and asian countries come here, and leaders from Europe and we had Bush,  where there was FAR more reasons why they should not have set their feet on our shores, but they still did.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/five-controversial-state-visits-to-the-uk-10748635

We have also let the likes of  this to enter our country (just one example) and the media do not go big on it

A Pakistani Muslim cleric who celebrated the murder of a popular politician is in Britain on a speaking tour of mosques

Trump is welcome here.....much more so than many who have been waltzing in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This afternoon i've listened to Emmanuel Macron gush and swoon over Trump, he stole 'our special relationd ship' :) (his words) from under our nose i'd not be surprised if they share a room tonight.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, stevewinn said:

BBC, Guardian, the left wing establishment the lot of them fake news outlets have done and continue to try and do a hatchet job on Trump.

The BBC and above all the Guardian are as pro-Theresa May's Conservative Government as any of the rightwing press these days, surely that must be obvious from the Russian Spy Poisoning hysteria. 

12 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

This afternoon i've listened to Emmanuel Macron gush and swoon over Trump, he stole 'our special relationd ship' :) (his words) from under our nose i'd not be surprised if they share a room tonight.

He's the new Blair isn't he, the similarities are alarming. (Macaroon I mean.)  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

ROBERT HARDMAN: With the US booming and North Korea tamed, Britain should roll out the red carpet for Donald Trump

won't expect anything less from the daily mail

6 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

won't expect anything less from the daily mail

Nor would I. It's a great newspaper.

This time next year nobody will be bothered to read this politically motivated drivel.

By then there will be more drivel in the politically affiliated broadsheets and tabloids ready to engage the party faithful.

People who can think for themselves don't quote newspapers.

Move on, there's absolutely nothing worth seeing here.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

Nor would I. It's a great newspaper.

I used to buy it everyday - emphasis on past tense.

19 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

I used to buy it everyday - emphasis on past tense.

Oh good.