Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ingo Swann Research Fellowship

rashore

Are you interested in remote viewing? Do you believe that the only thing stopping you from remote viewing is access to the books and papers of the father of remote viewing, Ingo Swann? Then University of West Georgia is looking for you. (They obviously haven’t read the books or they would have found you already.) The university opened applications for its inaugural Ingo Swann Research Fellowship, which will reward one person with a $3,000 fellowship for the purpose of “working on projects that require on-site consultation of University of West Georgia parapsychology collections in Ingram Library’s Special Collections.”

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2018/04/university-offers-fellowship-to-study-papers-of-psychic-ingo-swann/

Ingo Swann Research Fellowship

The University of West Georgia Ingram Library invites applications for the inaugural year of the Ingo Swann Research Fellowship. 

History and Purpose:

The Ingo Swann Research Fellowship was established in honor of artist, author, practitioner and teacher of remote viewing, Ingo Swann, to advance scholarship in the field of parapsychology and to encourage use of the parapsychology collections in the University of West Georgia, Ingram Library’s Special Collections in unique and creative ways.

The Ingo Swann Research Fellowship, offered every other year, provides approximately $3,000 (this amount can fluctuate year to year) for visiting researchers working on projects that require on-site consultation of University of West Georgia parapsychology collections in Ingram Library's Special Collections.

https://www.westga.edu/library/special-collections/swannfellowship.php

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, rashore said:

“working on projects that require on-site consultation of University of West Georgia parapsychology collections in Ingram Library’s Special Collections.”

It seems odd that a remote viewing project would require "on-site consultation" of anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, eight bits said:

It seems odd that a remote viewing project would require "on-site consultation" of anything.

It's not for conducting remote viewing projects specifically... it's a grant to help pay for travel, living, and research expenses for when a student goes there to research Ingo Swann's research and can explain why they CAN'T do it from off site. I thought that a clever twist to the grant. 

Ingo was one of the more complex people in his generation, I think. I have read through some of his personal memoirs which may have become his biographical book later. I just looked at Amazon to see what titles he had written and that one may be what I read the notes and entries towards. In any case it was material like that about his time working for the government ...primarily the Moon at the time.

Strange and interesting things, especially as young into the unusual as I was at the time. I do consider him to be one of the guiding lights into remote viewing, and his calm attitude toward his working affected me early on. He acted like it was just a job and that is a lot healthier way to deal with it, imo.