Jump to content
Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Mind control documents released by accident

23 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

 
Lilly

Whoa...some really terrifying stuff there. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vilasarius

I have heard people over the years make these very same claims. Seems they might have been right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAyMO

This is another example of something I find hard to believe and simultaneously would not be surprised to find is true. <_<

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chaldon
Posted (edited)

I think the method of voice encoding for electromagnetic hypnosis described in that original Nexus Magazine article is completely preposterous. It is too simple to be real. Nowadays any kid who is into electronics can do it in a couple of hours with Arduino, a MOSFET, a coil and an antenna. Now everyone can buy Emotive products, which are, although read-only, much more sophisticated but still are not able to actually "read minds", only some simple hints after long personal calibration. After all the failures in this field, I think it's incredibly unlikely there's a method of altering thoughts or feelings at a distance. The only direct influence that EMF has on our bodies is causing cancer due to constantly breaking DNA, that is one really serious issue, although still denied by the majority of the medical community. I strongly advice everyone who lives near a cell tower or a high-voltage power line, buy an EMF meter and test the H-field and E-field levels. If those are higher than 1-2 μT for the H-field or 100-200 V/m for the E-field move away from that place cause your life is at stake.

By the way, I had tested the household appliances with a EMF meter, and the most dangerous turned out to be a working microwave oven. Its H-field radiation level is incredible, more than 15-20 μT even at the 3-4 meters distance (the field distribution is uneven). Contrary to the popular belief, the food taken out of it does not emit any radiation at all and seems to be harmless. A cell phone is surely very dangerous, but only when making a call: the radiation level is over 20 μT at the 1-3 cm distance (i.e. when holding it close to your ear). When it is in the waiting mode the radiation level is basically zero (there are the connection bursts but those are quite rare so I don't think they are dangerous). A wifi router with three external antennae and the "normal" (not boosted) signal level turned out to be pretty harmless at a 10-15 cm distance, but, of course, having an active wifi in a smartphone that you carry in your pocket is quite bad. Notebook computers may emit a lot more EMF radiation than classic mini-tower desktops, as their cases are made of plastic, not shielded and not grounded. Also some innocent-looking devices with non-shielded transformers or motors inside, such as kitchen exhaust hoods, fridges, power adapters and even nightstand electronic clocks may emit amazingly high levels of both H- and E-fields, so having your own EMF meter is a seriously good thing.

Edited by Chaldon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wes83

I was doing a little reading up on mass hysteria cases before this news broke and it makes me wonder if some cases might be connected.

Really is a strange phenomena, regardless. These papers are not directly linked to government studies, if I recall correctly, but a third party filing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh

I expect all the crazies are going to jump on this. Just look at MK Ultra and the wild claims involving aliens to satanic rituals.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
31 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

I expect all the crazies are going to jump on this. Just look at MK Ultra and the wild claims involving aliens to satanic rituals.

I'm calling bullcrap on these documents.....

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trihalo42
Posted (edited)

Some relevant reading on this.
 

"In 1984, Dr. Ross Adey, chief of research at the Pettis Memorial Veterans Hospital in Loma Linda, California, obtained from Soviet colleagues what is known as “a mini-Woodpecker transmitter,” labelled the LIDA, apparently developed by Lev Rabichev and his colleagues in Soviet Armenia.1 The LIDA operated on a frequency of 40 MHz and bombarded the brain with low frequency radio waves. The Russians used it experimentally as “a replacement for tranquilizers and their unwanted side effects.” The pulsed radio waves were said to “stimulate the brain’s own electromagnetic current and produce a trance-like state.”"

 

http://www.paranoiamagazine.com/2012/11/the-russian-woodpecker-experiments-in-global-mind-control/

Edited by Trihalo42
failed copy/paste

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs
Posted (edited)

I don't really have the time nor motivation to investigate this in much detail - Chaldon has already pointed out that there is no accepted science backing up these sort of claims.  Also, there is not as far as I am aware, any recorded complaint by any country in regard to this being used up until the recent hoohah about the US Embassy in Cuba - nothing was proven there, indeed nothing has ever been proven - even Mythbusters found it Implausible.  If anything it may have been used as a scare campaign / false flag, just like the English pilots in WWII eating carrots for incredible night vision....{cough}

 And I'd add a slightly adhominem approach and look at the source/s!

Nexus Magazine is not exactly highly regarded - it is an alternative publication where they publish pretty much anything, including conspiracy theories, and speculative 'hypotheses' dressed up as if they were real science papers.  They are not.  Rather famously, Marcus Allen, the editor of the British version of this magazine does not believe we went to the Moon in 1969/70 (although he did a rather humorous brief backflip on that topic..).  It is not a science journal.

As for that PDF by "John St. Clair Akwei" - it is pseudoscientific claptrap with nothing to support it.  Akwei apparently took this to court, and he even claimed that Tinnitus (a medical condition where you get ringing in the ears) was likely due to radio implants....  needless to say, the case was dismissed.

If anyone is taken in by any part of this, can you be specific about what you think is plausible and why, and I'd be happy to address anything specific.

Edited by ChrLzs
added info about Akwei
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Truthseeker007
11 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

I expect all the crazies are going to jump on this. Just look at MK Ultra and the wild claims involving aliens to satanic rituals.

When you are scared to look at the truth you will find anything crazy outside your little box.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh
6 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

When you are scared to look at the truth you will find anything crazy outside your little box.

Truth and your deranged views are polar opposites.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paperdyer

His mind was controlled to release the documents and then he was told to forget about it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheHumanDude

The reason that other governments haven't complained is because it ain't about nations it's about world's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChaosRose

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquila King
7 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

 

I LOVE that movie.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
krone

No link? If this is real, the documents should have been archived online somewhere for the public to read. Otherwise, it's just hearsay.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Summerin1905

im pretty sure mind control was already a thing considering MK Ultra was confirmed by bill clinton. but even then i'm just concerned if we really would care. i mean of course some of us would. But considering how we think of things usually now it would be this

 

1. NOO MIND CONTROl LOCK YOUR CHILDREN LOCK YOUR WIVES LOCK YOUR CARS

2 weeks later

2. hey todd how the wife and kids doing?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dyna
On 4/23/2018 at 9:13 AM, paperdyer said:

His mind was controlled to release the documents and then he was told to forget about it.

There seem to be people trying to release the truth in many areas hidden from the public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

our brain is chemical\electrical machine, it is possible to alter chemistry  thru electrical signals.  even certain sound waves can do that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kismit
Quote

Waltman maintains that he has no idea how these documents, which don't appear to be official, had ended up with the information he requested or why the government had been storing them.

That's an odd disclaimer to smuggle into the story.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Relam
Posted (edited)
On 4/22/2018 at 7:44 PM, Chaldon said:

 I strongly advice everyone who lives near a cell tower or a high-voltage power line, buy an EMF meter and test the H-field and E-field levels. If those are higher than 1-2 μT for the H-field or 100-200 V/m for the E-field move away from that place cause your life is at stake.

By the way, I had tested the household appliances with a EMF meter, and the most dangerous turned out to be a working microwave oven. Its H-field radiation level is incredible, more than 15-20 μT even at the 3-4 meters distance (the field distribution is uneven). Contrary to the popular belief, the food taken out of it does not emit any radiation at all and seems to be harmless. A cell phone is surely very dangerous, but only when making a call: the radiation level is over 20 μT at the 1-3 cm distance (i.e. when holding it close to your ear). When it is in the waiting mode the radiation level is basically zero (there are the connection bursts but those are quite rare so I don't think they are dangerous). A wifi router with three external antennae and the "normal" (not boosted) signal level turned out to be pretty harmless at a 10-15 cm distance, but, of course, having an active wifi in a smartphone that you carry in your pocket is quite bad. Notebook computers may emit a lot more EMF radiation than classic mini-tower desktops, as their cases are made of plastic, not shielded and not grounded. Also some innocent-looking devices with non-shielded transformers or motors inside, such as kitchen exhaust hoods, fridges, power adapters and even nightstand electronic clocks may emit amazingly high levels of both H- and E-fields, so having your own EMF meter is a seriously good thing.

LoL damn, that cell tower is maybe about 1.6 km away from my house in one settlement on the hill,i feel sorry for that people who live very close to tower... i must buy EMF to check that...

Edited by Relam
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chaldon
On 5/2/2018 at 3:39 AM, Relam said:

LoL damn, that cell tower is maybe about 1.6 km away from my house in one settlement on the hill,i feel sorry for that people who live very close to tower... i must buy EMF to check that...

I've noticed that high-frequency radiation (e.g. that from the cell towers) dissipates much more quickly with the distance than low-frequency. So I don't know what does more harm: living 20 meters from a cell tower or 100 from a high-voltage power line. Anyway every particular situation needs checking with the meter, there can be case-by-case deviations depending on tower type or power line configuration, landscape, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

    • Chaldon