Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Brother_Spirit

Atheism and faith

737 posts in this topic

Brother_Spirit
10 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

First of all this have nothing to do with wether he is right or wrong about the topic.

I don't think I have ever say that. As a matter of fact, I posted a solid refutation of his book.

Secondly as I understand it they are allegations. People are innocent until proven guilty, right ?

Absolutely.

It looks pretty bad though:

[LINK] He Became A Celebrity For Putting Science Before God. Now Lawrence Krauss Faces Allegations Of Sexual Misconduct.

Thirdly as a christian are you going to go with the sexual miscounduct angle ?  really ? :whistle:

That's fallacious, since I have nothing to do with the churches or religious individuals who did such things.

Edited by Brother_Spirit

third_eye
1 hour ago, Brother_Spirit said:

That's fallacious, since I have nothing to do with the churches or religious individuals who did such things.

Take heed as well as great care towards where you cast that proverbial stone ....

~

• Like 2

danydandan
2 hours ago, Brother_Spirit said:

I don't think I have ever say that. As a matter of fact, I posted a solid refutation of his book.

As a matter of fact you posted, an incorrect and presumptuous, article to refute the book. You yourself didn't not refute anything.

• Like 2

Brother_Spirit
17 minutes ago, danydandan said:

As a matter of fact you posted, an incorrect and presumptuous, article to refute the book. You yourself didn't not refute anything.

Did you know that David Albert is an atheist? He doesn't have a stake in this debate. To his credit, he's pointing out flaws when he sees them based on both science and philosophy. It's just so blatantly obvious in Krauss' book A Universe From Nothing.

[LINK] Atheist David Albert destroying Dumb New Book by naïve Atheist Krauss

Edited by Brother_Spirit

danydandan
41 minutes ago, Brother_Spirit said:

Did you know that David Albert is an atheist? He doesn't have a stake in this debate. To his credit, he's pointing out flaws when he sees them based on both science and philosophy. It's just so blatantly obvious in Krauss' book A Universe From Nothing.

[LINK] Atheist David Albert destroying Dumb New Book by naïve Atheist Krauss

Don't care what his beliefs are it's irrelevant, he isn't pointing out flaws from a scientific point of view, just on philosophical grounds. David Albert is a philosopher not a scientist. His review of the book asked questions of the book, which the book doesn't attempt to answer, rather than arguing against premises the books makes, actually the book makes no claims.

Can I ask if you have read the book? I have and disagree with Krauss, I disagree more with Albert's review. If you wanted to argue against somethings in the book you should do it in your own words rather than using Google. Scientific American had a great article disagreeing with the views of Krauss.

Edit: https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/cross-check/is-lawrence-krauss-a-physicist-or-just-a-bad-philosopher/

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rlyeh
4 hours ago, Brother_Spirit said:

And which heros would that be?

God, Moses, Joshua, David.. etc.

• Like 1

Emma_Acid
10 hours ago, Brother_Spirit said:

Seems like you are not following the discussions. David Albert has done a great job at refuting Krauss' A Universe From Nothing. What makes no sense is to present Krauss as 'superior' (''leading teams at the LHC'') to Albert, especially when Krauss' reputation isn't so glamorous right now to say the least.

But all you're doing is finding one scientist who disagrees with another one that you don't happen to like. I'm going to bet you don't really understand either argument, and as I say, its just a diversion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

danydandan
2 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

But all you're doing is finding one scientist who disagrees with another one that you don't happen to like. I'm going to bet you don't really understand either argument, and as I say, its just a diversion.

Albert isn't a scientist.

Emma_Acid
Just now, danydandan said:

Albert isn't a scientist.

Welllll he did his doctorate in theoretical physics, but you're right, he's a philosopher. 

Either way, my point stands. B_S is just finding one academic who disagrees with someone he doesn't like and claims it as a victory - almost certainly without understanding either argument.

• Like 2

danydandan
23 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

Welllll he did his doctorate in theoretical physics, but you're right, he's a philosopher. 

Either way, my point stands. B_S is just finding one academic who disagrees with someone he doesn't like and claims it as a victory - almost certainly without understanding either argument.

Yeap, what's worse is the whole thing is an ad hominem. I also seriously doubt the poster has read the work being argued about.

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 2

Truthseeker007
37 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

Interesting how his initials are BS.:lol:

Edited by Truthseeker007
  • Haha 4

psyche101
On 5/19/2018 at 5:52 PM, Brother_Spirit said:

I'm responding to a claim. Krauss isn't ''leading teams at the LHC''.. The reality is that he currently suspended with pay by his own University and various skeptic associations have taken their distances with him based on serious allegations...

The LHC isn't Arizona University so you're not responding to the claim. It's smear. 

On 5/19/2018 at 5:52 PM, Brother_Spirit said:

Not a ''hero'' I'd want to push at this point in time.

You'd prefer a mysoginistic genocidal sexual deviate then. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2