Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atheism and faith

Only_

Are these guys on a tag team? Mr Walker tags out and goes missing for awhile, because he lost a debate on a number of issues, and the brother spirt tags in and starts regurgitation of the questions which were answered previously, seemingly not to their licking,  so they can do the endless echo of ,Atheism is faith based, tune so willingly employed.

Get over it BS. A lack of a belief in a God isn't faith, it's a lack of faith .....a lack of a belief. I'd assume, not speaking for everybody, that if God came down proclaiming he was God and literally preformed miraculous feat's then we would all have to acknowledge him. We still would not have to follow him. All we'd have to do is accept there is a God.

The next part of the issue is if Christianity was deemed true, BS doesn't specify which of the thousands of Branch's of Christianity. I can suppose it doesn't matter I'd have admit that it's true. Still doesn't mean I have to follow it.

I wonder Brother Spirt, would to convert to Islam if that was found to be true?

The Qu'ran states "And if Allah had willed, He could have made you [of] one religion, but He causes to stray whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And you will surely be questioned about what you used to do"

Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 

So regardless if you believe or not or what ever your safe cause it's God's will in at least two major holy books.

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Will Due said:

You mean that Atheism is a dead end? That's what every atheist I've ever talked to has told me. At the end of the road named Atheism, there's nothing but death.

At the end of the road named Life, there's nothing but death.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Will Due said:

Not ONE WAY street. 

Atheism is a DEAD END street. 

Actually, the analogy of atheism would be to that of the traveler, not to the road one travels. A road is a road is a road. But to go with that analogy...

...everyday I watch people clogg the main highways...day after day...same people, same highways...and I have concluded that it is because they don't really know any other way to go. Fear of the unknown. They might get lost and be late.  

Some of us seek the road less traveled. The road clogged by sheep is a frustrating mess.  The road less traveled is more enjoyable, less stressful, and we reach our destination all the same.

UB isn't a road.  It is just another system of belief. 

1. We don't know who wrote it.

2. People who believe the musings of strangers are desperate.

3. Desperation is born of fear.

4. Dissolve your fear by seeking a road that is pleasant with fewer bumps.

• Like 2

On 7/21/2018 at 11:24 AM, Will Due said:

"When the suffering servant obtains a vision of God, there follows a soul peace which passes all human understanding.

When one injests a narcotic there follows a soul peace which passes all unerstanding.

That 'soul peace' Will...that is a result of a massive release of dopamine.

Nothing more than a feeling.  You worship a feeling. I am not interested in feeling what you feel Will. I am empathic enough as it is.

• Like 3

Faith in God is like traveling over a bridge. :)

Edited by Will Due

34 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Well I'm ****ed then. I've read a lot of these  ''occult'' books. I love when crazies quote John 14, apparently it's not enough to believe in God you must also believe in Jesus and that he hints the two of them are the same as the same people. I don't know about you but that sounds like magic to me and sorcery.

Also her quotation of Acts is incorrect. It says only some of the people following the occult burned their books. Not all and not immediately as she claims.

Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. That's what Deuteronomy says really. That passage is also related to not engaging in what other people do or staying in your "Country" and not straying away from it. If you read the rest of these verse it's clear one can't stray from God and there is no return. However if you read John there is paths back to God.

How is she a pastor if she can't quote the Bible correctly.

And just so everyone is clear on that bad analogy Will was attempting. He was plagiarisation John 15 regarding the Vines and the Branches. Which is actually a good analogy.

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.  He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.  Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.  If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.  If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.  This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.  If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.  I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.  My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.  Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.  You are my friends if you do what I command.  I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. This is my command: Love each other.

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Well I'm ****ed then. I've read a lot of these  ''occult'' books. I love when crazies quote John 14, apparently it's not enough to believe in God you must also believe in Jesus and that he hints the two of them are the same.

Those with the mindset of "if it ain't god then it's Satan's" really p*** me off. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Will Due said:

In Santa's sleigh.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Will Due said:

How?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, danydandan said:

How?

It's not a dead end and gets you from here to over there. :)

12 hours ago, Sherapy said:

I am thinking you might find a better forum elsewhere, isn't there a UB forum? Why not start one? 

I seriously doubt that the Urantians will want to have anything to do with Will

~

10 minutes ago, Will Due said:

You can't even see past your nose in your mirror, what knoweth thee of where from there ?

~

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Unless you're Snake Plissken going back to New York?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

tumblr_o664rh84ZV1up8a4ro1_400.gif

Lol.

That's what I think about atheists who preach and promote their personal belief that God doesn't exist, life is meaningless, and the only purpose that's worthy to pursue is to be selfish and self-serving.

Which is a dead end.

Edited by Will Due

15 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Lol.

That's what I think about atheists who preach and promote their personal belief that God doesn't exist, life is meaningless, and the only purpose that's worthy to pursue is to be selfish and self-serving.

Which is a dead end.

We get sick of your inability to answer question, poorly crafted analogues, and 'spiritual superiority' complex. You're no better than your buddy illy. 

You're a troll who incessantly preach bs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You're no better than your buddy illy. 

Are you talking about Argon, the arrogant fish?

Btw, he still lives in this forum because some of you keep feeding him. :rofl:

3 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Are you talking about Argon, the arrogant fish?

Btw, he still lives in this forum because some of you keep feeding him. :rofl:

Yeah, as a bad example. As a narrow minded human being. To be compared to such a person should be a reality check. He was a hateful bigot. He, yourself, and the other two stooges all seem to work quite well together. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You know what I think, this thread has turned into a train wreck of Ad Hominems.  Maybe the mods should intervene. There doesn't seem to be anything more  to argue or debate. 

Edited by Grandpa Greenman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Grandpa Greenman said:

You know what I think, this thread has turned into a train wreck of Ad Hominems.  Maybe the mods should intervene. There doesn't see to anything more  to argue or debate. 

This thread was done by page ten. Everything else is just a run around. So yes, I fully agree with you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

55 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Lol.

Which is a dead end.

I haven’t read any Athiest post there is no god, I have read there is no support ( evidence), basically, there is no way to substantiate god as a fact, faith is the only pathway at this time. I am fine with this. 

Life is meaningless is optimistic in my worldview, for me, it means I am not limited, I can decide for myself what things mean to me,

I think it is appropriate to be selfish at times, in fact, in some proffessions it is a must, for example:  caregivers who give to much of themselves, if they don’t take some “selfish” time they can burn out and have chronic health issues. 

Wil, you had a feeling that you have concluded is god, you do so on faith. This works for you, it is personal to you, why are you taking others absence of wanting to live via faith as a personal affront to you? 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

This thread was done by page ten. Everything else is just a run around. So yes, I fully agree with you.

The answer was also made on the first page too lol. I wanna see how many pages we can get to before the mods do their thing. This thread is basically who can get the last diss in at this point.

1 minute ago, Baldylocks said:

This thread is basically who can get the last diss in at this point.

The problem with that is boredom. Only so much banter before people start saying, "screw it."

• Like 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

The problem with that is boredom. Only so much banter before people start saying, "screw it."

Pretty much, its why I come back...boredom.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

why are you taking others absence of wanting to live via faith as a personal affront to you? 

Affront to me? That's pretty funny.

Having an absence of wanting to live via faith is a full knowing choice that's an affront to nature.

If you've decided to lack this normal human desire, it's an affront to you.

• The topic was locked