Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

It's a boy - Royal baby arrives

Still Waters

Kate has given birth to her third child - a baby boy, weighing 8lbs 7oz - safely delivered just after 11am this morning.

This is the first time a girl has been ahead of a boy in Royal succession.

The arrival of this little prince, who is fifth in line to the throne, means that for the first time in history a female – Princess Charlotte – is ahead of a male.

The law ending exclusively male royal succession – which dated back to 1701 – came into force in 2013.

https://news.sky.com/story/live-royal-couples-third-child-on-the-way-11342131

The sky link has live reporting.

The Duchess of Cambridge has given birth to a baby boy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43864933

• Like 4

YAY!!!!! :D  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Congratulations on your new Prince! 

• Like 4

Speculation will be rife about the name of course. I suggest Hercules, or Colossus. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I heard Arthur and Albert are in the running.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, susieice said:

We could have ' King Arthur' that would be a name to live up to.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

Hehe, and then we just need the next pope to be called Jesus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:
2 hours ago, susieice said:

Geez, I hope nothing happens George and Charlotte. I mean, this one is fifth in line. 

• Like 2

Well, I'd offer my congratulations, but my afternoon quiz was just replaced with an hour long "special" of a policeman standing looking bored outside Kate's hospital... :rolleyes:

*mumbles congratulations*

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Everyone was there for the first pictures. These days you give birth in the morning and in a few hours, you're discharged. I was in the hospital for 3 days with each of mine. Kate looks wonderful for what she just went through and I'm sure she and the baby will get excellent care at home. 

https://us.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2018042348006/kate-middleton-third-royal-baby-leave-hospital/?utm_campaign=boton

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grey Area said:

Hehe, and then we just need the next pope to be called Jesus.

Wait for Peter of Rome. That's all I'm saying. :ph34r: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

Like I said in the status updates, George would've been very appropriate considering the date. 

• Like 2

on Names, how about Berty/Bertie is what the Queens father King George VI was known by. So it would be a nice touch. also the name Berty/bertie as a name for a boy is of Old English and Old German origin, and the meaning of the name Berty is "noble". 

• Like 3

On 4/23/2018 at 10:24 AM, hetrodoxly said:

Well one of dad’s middle names is arthur so if he becomes king he could have that option as well.

I like "Louis"...maybe a little "left of field" but nevertheless it might replace "Mohammed " as most popular boys name next year:whistle:

• Like 2

Prince Louis, our St George's Day prince.

_101079092_pooh3.jpg

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 1

On 23/04/2018 at 6:24 PM, hetrodoxly said:

Prince William is William Arthur Philip Louis, so he could also be King Arthur when he becomes king.

He can choose as his regnal name either:

King William V

King Arthur

King Philip

King Louis

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Black Monk said:

Prince William is William Arthur Philip Louis, so he could also be King Arthur when he becomes king.

He can choose as his regnal name either:

King William V

King Arthur

King Philip

King Louis

King louie :)

• Like 1

Great French name. Nice to see the young royals embracing diversity and change rather than sticking in the rut of tited old tradition.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Great French name. Nice to see the young royals embracing diversity and change rather than sticking in the rut of tited old tradition.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but the name Louis was supposedly a nod to Lord Mountbatten, murdered by the IRA in 1979, along with his teenage grandson, amongst others.

Beloved Lord Mountbatten was killed by terrorists. Now he’s a royal baby’s namesake.

1 hour ago, LV-426 said:

Sorry to rain on your parade, but the name Louis was supposedly a nod to Lord Mountbatten, murdered by the IRA in 1979, along with his teenage grandson, amongst others.

Beloved Lord Mountbatten was killed by terrorists. Now he’s a royal baby’s namesake.

You are not raining on my parade at all. I am obviously fully aware that Louis Mountbatten was, of course, named Louis. And I am equally aware that he and three others were murdered by the IRA.

None of that in any way detracts from the fact that Louis is a French name, and represents a new departure in the giving of a primary name to a British royal prince.

If Louis is a nod to Mountbatten and Charles is a nod to Prince Charles, who is Arthur a nod to?

6 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

You are not raining on my parade at all. I am obviously fully aware that Louis Mountbatten was, of course, named Louis. And I am equally aware that he and three others were murdered by the IRA.

None of that in any way detracts from the fact that Louis is a French name, and represents a new departure in the giving of a primary name to a British royal prince.

If Louis is a nod to Mountbatten and Charles is a nod to Prince Charles, who is Arthur a nod to?

George is a Greek name. So is Elizabeth.

Philip is Greek.

Charlotte and its masculine form Charles are, of course, French.

William is Old Norman.

Henry (Prince Harry's real name) is Old French.

Andrew is Greek. Anne is Latin.

Beatrice is Latin and Eugenie is French.

Louis is French.

The only major royal I can think of to have a British (in this case, Anglo-Saxon) name is Prince Edward.