Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What do you want from the afterlife?

I'mConvinced

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Or condemning those who think for themselves to hell, for not believing that god is a physical entity. There was a whole ugly debate in another thread. 

I saw it but I didn't partake. I don't post in the beliefs section often, I actually posted here by accident but I'll just leave it at that I think. 

Edited by psyche101

Why react with hostility ? What is at stake ? A person telling fibs on an internet forum wouldn't be a novelty, I don't care if any or all of what he says is fiction, I don't lose anything by it, and neither should anyone else, If one the other hand, it strikes a chord with you, and parallels your own intuitions, you may gain from it. It is just like a pamphlet put in your letterbox, you don't have to read it, much less take the contents to heart.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

I saw it but I didn't partake. I don't post in the beliefs section often, I give them their space, but in here, that sort of claim deserves challenge. It's role playing, plain and simple. 

I try to do that, unless it looks cult-ish. I agree, the role playing thing is a bit much. I wouldn't have a problem with someone tell us they had a dream where god told them to improve their lives. Some personal self-directed motive. Like god saying, "go forth and live fully." I don't think either of us would debate that. But god has bird hands....bird hands.:blink:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

I try to do that, unless it looks cult-ish. I agree, the role playing thing is a bit much. I wouldn't have a problem with someone tell us they had a dream where god told them to improve their lives. Some personal self-directed motive. Like god saying, "go forth and live fully." I don't think either of us would debate that. But god has bird hands....bird hands.:blink:

Yeah, I'm just not sure how I landed in this thread so I'll leave him to rant away and go back to skeptics forum. 

16 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

You would indeed be qualified. God guides you to win in the ponies doesn't he? Maybe you could ask him about said poster next time you are at the races :lol::rofl:

Never said anything of the kind, do lift your game here, you are pretending to be the poster boy for "truth', but blurt out lies yourself, then accuse others of inventing stories, which is simple hypocrisy. How "sad", as you would say ! 

• Like 1

Thread closed for moderator review.

• The topic was locked