Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Google: The New Thought Police

Dark_Grey

On April 25, 2018 at 5:39 PM, Paranormal Panther said:

Type "American inventors" in their image search

Do not question the Ministry of Truth!

2 minutes ago, Krater said:

Do not question the Ministry of Truth!

Those ministers certainly don't preach much truth. They sound more like false prophets who graduated from the Seminary of Nonsense.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Those ministers certainly don't preach much truth. They sound more like false prophets who graduated from the Seminary of Nonsense.

HOW VERY DARE YOU SIR.

I am a proud doctorate awardee from the Seninary of Nonsense, I wrote a seminal paper on the structural philosophy underpinning flapdoodle and its coorelation with floxinopnilliphication.

MINOR UPDATE:

YouTube continues it's censorship crusade. The next target: Marijuana?

A very popular Marijuana guru had most of his videos recently flagged due to some new YouTube policy update. He posted a video explaining the policy as well as naming other major Marijuana channels that got hit. I went to post that video here and what do you know?

"This account has been terminated for violating YouTube's Community Guidelines."

His entire channel has been taken down. 

Who is really running the show at Google? Advertisers? What if the videos are not monetized? Conservatives and guns are in the same wheelhouse so I can understand why those videos would be flagged but Marijuana? It doesn't fit the profile...weird.

2 hours ago, aztek said:

more reasons to create competition for youtube

Not surprisingly, that is already happening.

https://d.tube

Wish them luck!

• Like 1

you tube opened up a can of worms.

Tucker: Exclusive Memo Shows YouTube Is 'A Threat to This Country

Tucker Carlson reported that an exclusive YouTube internal memo obtained by his staff shows its censorship guidelines are "totally subjective" and are designed with "maximum political intent."Carlson said YouTube is a "digital video monopoly" owned by "digital search monopoly" Google.

"If you don't think [cops] are [racist], you're in trouble," Carlson said of YouTube's apparent position. Carlson said the memo shows YouTube is "smart enough not to scrub every video it wants to censor." He said many videos end up in "limited state" which means they are pushed further down in search results and also demonitized. Carlson said such a move would be like having a customer unable to locate the New York Times on a newsstand and to later find out its publishers couldn't sell it for money.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

HOW VERY DARE YOU SIR.

I am a proud doctorate awardee from the Seninary of Nonsense, I wrote a seminal paper on the structural philosophy underpinning flapdoodle and its coorelation with floxinopnilliphication.

You have a degree in "Monty Python" nonsense. It's much better than a degree in "George Orwell" nonsense.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, aztek said:

more reasons to create competition for youtube

A successful entrepreneur could make a mint from that. Look at how well Fox News and Rush Limbaugh did. A conservative version of YouTube would attract millions of users. Even a neutral version, dedicated to free speech, could do very well.

3 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

A successful entrepreneur could make a mint from that. Look at how well Fox News and Rush Limbaugh did. A conservative version of YouTube would attract millions of users. Even a neutral version, dedicated to free speech, could do very well.

“OurTube” designed for us, not for them.

• Like 2

Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

“OurTube” designed for us, not for them.

no, more like our tube does not play politics. what you described is exactly  what current you tube is doing, thus creating the need for new site

Edited by aztek

Maybe Google forgot that..

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."

George Orwell

On 4/23/2018 at 10:10 AM, Dark_Grey said:

I am with you on all accounts here. In the past I was do-or-die with the free market but I've eased off. I am still very pro-free market because of the way it fosters innovation and competition but I am not entirely against Government regulation, either.

"I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub." _Grover Norquist.

This guy did more to push me toward the left than any  other.  Apart from the implied infanticide, the idea that nothing would stand between the citizens of any  country and the desires of multinational corporations scared me the most.  At least with a representative government, we stand a chance of elected officials acting in the citizen's behalf.  A corporation has no such obligation to its customers.  

Thisseems to be the end point for the removal of all regulations and impediments, great for business, maybe not so great for citizens.  

• Like 1

On 4/23/2018 at 1:13 PM, Dark_Grey said:

Ask yourself: who stands to benefit from such a structure? The Elites want to take us back to the Feudal system. No middle class: just rich people and slaves poor people. Ergo, "Communism".

Communism is an old school buzz word.  This is corporatism.  The old elites and the new power structure don't completely overlap.  It is an easier system than old style control.  Let the population free range, don't make all of their daily decisions, just harvest them for most of their earnings regularly.  Why should I care about telling you what to do if you reliably give me 1/4 of your paycheck every month for the rest of your life?

• Like 1

On 4/25/2018 at 3:38 AM, preacherman76 said:

Because China like countries, where the people are heavily controlled is the goal. Communism is the goal.  

Why do you think so?  This corporate model transcends governments.  Google doesn't need the expense of police, army, infrastructure, any of that.  They may indeed want to control your opinion, but they don't need a stick, they have the carrot.  

Two interesting interviews with the fired Google Engineer James Damore

• Like 1