Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did I see a shadow person or something else?

OneCuriousPotato

Hi guys,

Firstly I'm new to this forum so please excuse if I do anything that I shouldn't or should do somewhere else (feedback is welcome)

So basically, I was in France maybe 4 years ago and I was staying in this old wooden apartment building that looked like a repurposed tall chalet. I was on the top floor and there was only one apartment, which I was staying in (obviously), except for a door that I assume lead to an attic. One night my father asked me to go to the room to grab something for him (he was at the pub with the rest of our group), I was only going in and out so I didn't turn on the light. As I left the room and began to head to the stairway down, which was between the attic door and the apartment I was staying in, I saw something I can only describe as a tall 3D shadow of a man walking very slowly towards me (possibly gliding I'm not too sure). When I say 3D shadow I don't mean silhouette, as I could see small details like the fact that the man was bald and shading (showing the curve of the head). The figure was darker than the pitch black of the floor.

Now I'm a bit sceptic so I don't know about this part, but, according to my mother her family has a long history of powerful mediums and I supposedly have always shown signs of sharing this gift. All through my life, I have had this strong gut-like feeling (I say gut-like because it feels like something more than just a gut feeling) and sometimes heard voices (when I'm falling asleep) warning me not to do something or to act in a certain way.

Anyway, as this figure slowly approached me I had this same gut-like feeling compelling me to slowly but confidently move back to the wall. At which point, I felt my arms fall back to the wall and be stuck there. I felt completely unable to move and I had chills all over my body. Just as the figure got, maybe, a foot away from me I got the same gut-like feeling commanding me to throw my arm through this figure. As I did this the figure vanished and I ran down the stairs.

Now I've spent the majority of my life trying to force myself to not believe in anything that had no empirical evidence/proof, that includes the supernatural (aside from a small part of me which could never be convinced). However, since this moment I have given myself over completely to accept the supernatural and have since had more experiences. I have done a huge amount of research and spoken to friends with similar experiences and discovered Shadow People. I am pretty sure what I saw that night was a Shadow Person except there are two huge discrepancies, from everything I have read, Shadow People move crazy fast and usually only appear when you are sleeping. If anyone can help me conclude if what I saw was a Shadow Person or help me with what else it may have been I would greatly appreciate.

I would also be incredibly thankful if anyone could recommend any reliable resources that could help me with further research into the supernatural. This could be anything; books, websites, podcasts or documentaries. 

Thank You again very very much.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I encountered the Hat Man... once. 

It was brief, incredibly clear and impacting... I recall it vividly now, more than twenty years later.

I entered my home at about 3:00 in the afternoon.  It was a cloudless day, the sun was shining directly into our living room through the bay windows.  Our sofa at the time was arranged with its back to the windows. 

As I came around the corner, out of the corner of my eye, I saw the Hat Man, stand up quite slowly from the far left spot on our sofa as I rounded the corner, as if waiting to meet me and now standing to greet me as I entered the room. 

He was pitch black and only an outline, no features were distinguishable.  Though he was just outside of a direct sunbeam coming through the window behind him.  The room was directly and fully lit... yet there were no features to him, only an outline and pitch shadow.

It was very clear, he wore a long cut overcoat and a 40's style fedora hat with a large brim.

My reactive thought was "oh ****... someone's in my home and I may have to fight."

But by the time I'd shifted my eyes to focus full on him... there was nothing visible... gone.

Many potent energies were shifting in my life then, including a deep depression due to the relentless stripping away of previously held notions of reality that were being shown as illusory... and this episode was soon released to the unexplainable and on I went with life, never giving it another thought until...  Over a decade later, I was listening to the radio one evening and a caller described an encounter with a shadow person... the Hat Man and my experience rushed back, vivid as ever.

What a strange evening that was, wandering through the internet reading up on all the thousands of accounts of shadow people.

Nothing ever resolved for me, no answers, no more contact.  Just that one encounter. 

Though I consider nothing to be supernatural.  Only natural that is beyond our ken of experience and exptectation.

That which is... is natural, however odd and strange it may seem.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

I encountered the Hat Man... once. 

It was brief, incredibly clear and impacting... I recall it vividly now, more than twenty years later.

I entered my home at about 3:00 in the afternoon.  It was a cloudless day, the sun was shining directly into our living room through the bay windows.  Our sofa at the time was arranged with its back to the windows. 

As I came around the corner, out of the corner of my eye, I saw the Hat Man, stand up quite slowly from the far left spot on our sofa as I rounded the corner, as if waiting to meet me and now standing to greet me as I entered the room. 

He was pitch black and only an outline, no features were distinguishable.  Though he was just outside of a direct sunbeam coming through the window behind him.  The room was directly and fully lit... yet there were no features to him, only an outline and pitch shadow.

It was very clear, he wore a long cut overcoat and a 40's style fedora hat with a large brim.

My reactive thought was "oh ****... someone's in my home and I may have to fight."

But by the time I'd shifted my eyes to focus full on him... there was nothing visible... gone.

Many potent energies were shifting in my life then, including a deep depression due to the relentless stripping away of previously held notions of reality that were being shown as illusory... and this episode was soon released to the unexplainable and on I went with life, never giving it another thought until...  Over a decade later, I was listening to the radio one evening and a caller described an encounter with a shadow person... the Hat Man and my experience rushed back, vivid as ever.

What a strange evening that was, wandering through the internet reading up on all the thousands of accounts of shadow people.

Nothing ever resolved for me, no answers, no more contact.  Just that one encounter. 

Though I consider nothing to be supernatural.  Only natural that is beyond our ken of experience and exptectation.

That which is... is natural, however odd and strange it may seem.

I mean what I saw definitely was not the Hat Man as it didn't have a hat on for sure, I'm not aware if there was any clothing on its body as I didn't check haha, but would you say I saw a Shadow Person from the description I gave?

My sightings of them are also far from bed or sleeping and only one of mine had a hat on. There are different shadow people, some with hats and some silhouette-like and without a hat. 

Generally, from all I have read, they are entirely black, solidly pitch black, able to be seen in ordinary dark they are so much more black. 

In my case, I came home from work at just after dark, perhaps about 7 pm and opened the doorway in and saw one run down the hallway and vanish. In this case it was 2D, as in it ran along the wall. Dangdest thing I ever saw. Hat and all and the last thing i ever expected and certainly my mind was not on something like that.

I have seen some since, those did not have hats on and they were 3D, outside. Saw those a few times but only at that one location, which was a temporary job I was helping out on, so it had to do with the people there or the place, I figure.

Kind of up to you to determine if it sounds the same or not. I never bother touching them or trying to. They (shadow folk) usually stay away from me. They stand well back or are running away when I spot them. Yours may have been something else? If you have medium skills perhaps you can sense that yourself looking back on the experience? 

As for information, just read the forums here, it ranges from the really interesting to the complete hogwash. Then google for more info on things which interest you if nobody answers here to your topics.

Welcome to UM.

• Like 1

@Not A Rockstar  Every time I read or hear about a shadow person with a hat I think of Papa Legba. But I never felt anything bad about him. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

@Not A Rockstar  Every time I read or hear about a shadow person with a hat I think of Papa Legba. But I never felt anything bad about him. 

haha Papa Legba open the door, Papa Legba, open the door....

he is a good guy, yes.

It could be the shadow folk do a similar thing, though. I do not think anyone has a handle on them really and the fastest way to get a load of stuff is to read an "expert" on them. I would never let them make a habit of hanging around but on the other hand I do not know factually of anything they caused bad themselves. Maybe, maybe not. The one I talked with .... idk. Not worth chatting with, really. Not like they will actually say anything useful, and it is probably deceptive if they do speak at all. I suspect though they are negative feeders and symptomatic of a need to deal with yourself if they hang out for long.

But, I am not an expert on them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Not A Rockstar said:

haha Papa Legba open the door, Papa Legba, open the door....

he is a good guy, yes.

It could be the shadow folk do a similar thing, though. I do not think anyone has a handle on them really and the fastest way to get a load of stuff is to read an "expert" on them. I would never let them make a habit of hanging around but on the other hand I do not know factually of anything they caused bad themselves. Maybe, maybe not. The one I talked with .... idk. Not worth chatting with, really. Not like they will actually say anything useful, and it is probably deceptive if they do speak at all. I suspect though they are negative feeders and symptomatic of a need to deal with yourself if they hang out for long.

But, I am not an expert on them.

I've never been asked to deal with one. I always figured they were Earthbounds or Thoughtforms.

A Earthbound's true form is this shapeless, not black, but actually the absence of light "hole?". Hard to explain...... . 

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

I've never been asked to deal with one. I always figured they were Earthbounds or Thoughtforms.

A Earthbound's true form is this shapeless, not black, but actually the absence of light "hole?". Hard to explain...... . 

I know what you mean exactly. The one I cornered and forced to talk (the experts say they don't at all) was ..... not blank, was somewhat intelligent and organized but somehow not quite all there if that makes sense? I think MAYBE <<<<<<<<< maybe, they might be earthbounds who have become this sort of parasite for negative thoughtforms. I don't know this is true, just they are LIKE that. Similar or it would jive as far as feel and behavior as I do not find earthbounds wholly all there either. They do have rudimentary cunning (or great cunning to seem so basic?)

Do you find them so? 

• Thanks 1

I always felt Earthbounds "broken" in a bad way. Really bad, Charles Manson bad. I never bothered to feel them out. Too repulsive. I generally just "erase" them.  I did bind one into a house with the help of my son once though so I could "erase" it completely and make sure it was gone.

I always felt they were molesters, child murderers, joy killers, really dark people in life. The Old One I use as my Djab. I think he just rather sleep than move on though. Don't sense any perversion with him. Just plain meanness.

hmm, we may differ in our view of earthbounds then. Most seem neutral to me, but like shells of a person and I am not sure what they really are. Some of the stronger ones, though, can be mean. The shadow folk I have been around did not feel sinister at all, but they are around on business, kinda like vultures imo. Some people write about their shadow people and liking them and having them around all the time and that is basically living with vultures feeding off you. 

One or two seen, pay attention, more hanging out, get to work. 

Back to the OP and his shadowy siting, I am not sure it is a shadow person. I have no idea what his moving his arms through a thing would do to banish it which he says he knew from a gut feeling to do. Nor do I know a shadow folk to walk up to someone like that and not seem to see him. It doesn't feel right for a shadow person to me. Earthbound or a recording fits better to me. But, you know, I wasn't there. A recording would probably be disturbed by that, though.

Dunno. 

42 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Back to the OP and his shadowy siting, I am not sure it is a shadow person. I have no idea what his moving his arms through a thing would do to banish it which he says he knew from a gut feeling to do. Nor do I know a shadow folk to walk up to someone like that and not seem to see him. It doesn't feel right for a shadow person to me. Earthbound or a recording fits better to me. But, you know, I wasn't there. A recording would probably be disturbed by that, though.

Dunno. 

Sounds like a Thoughtform. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Sounds like a Thoughtform. 

works for me :)

5 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

works for me :)

You're just going to offhandedly mention talking to one and leave it at that? 

To the OP, only you know what you saw, and no one knows what they are, so I don't think anyone can give a firm answer. Not sure about the "only moving fast" and "only appear when you are sleeping" bit, though I haven't researched the topic much for my own reasons.

Edited by Krater

11 minutes ago, Krater said:

You're just going to offhandedly mention talking to one and leave it at that? 

To the OP, only you know what you saw, and no one knows what they are, so I don't think anyone can give a firm answer. Not sure about the "only moving fast" and "only appear when you are sleeping" bit, though I haven't researched the topic much for my own reasons.

Not wanting to derail the topic, so pretty much yeah. I consider it deceptive possibly and useless really. Getting up on one in his own space and "plane" though is why I feel they are actually feeding on negative energy in the area. I would have to run it down more and they really are not a high priority to do that with for me. It is pretty grim where they allegedly are coming from. It is hard to articulate even for me what I saw. The "experts" say they do not speak. I can tell you they can, but they really hate to do so with us and resist doing so, very much. It is entirely possible the smaller ones cannot in our "plane" in a way we would hear. I went after a hat man, as those seem the most advanced. He was chronically hanging out in a friend's house who was a close friend on this forum at one time. She liked them and was fine with her constant company. I am never fine with anything hanging out in my own space like that which doesn't belong. She kept her shadow people in her house and her phenomenon also and is not here any longer it seems. 

As you say, we really do not know for sure what they are, just after dealing with many entities and "things" you get a feel for them and it seems Piney and I have come to similar opinions on what they feel like energetically and seem like in behavior. What the OP describes is not what they seem like, yet he may have used other wordings. I can't see a shadow person getting that close to an alert person and being dissipated by arms waving through it. Because of this I cannot confirm it is a shadow person that he saw. I am not sure it is thought form either, it has more independence than that, but getting rid of them if there is a chronic issue is dealt with in similar ways, so it doesn't matter and may be semantics. I have not had to get rid of any. They do not hang around me. The one spot I saw them at a few times was not my space and they stayed away at least when I was in the house. No one complained of issues. Houses were close enough they may have been there for the next house for all I know and just watching me for some reason when I went outside for a smoke - I smoked then. *shrugs*

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

My sightings of them are also far from bed or sleeping and only one of mine had a hat on. There are different shadow people, some with hats and some silhouette-like and without a hat. 

Generally, from all I have read, they are entirely black, solidly pitch black, able to be seen in ordinary dark they are so much more black. 

In my case, I came home from work at just after dark, perhaps about 7 pm and opened the doorway in and saw one run down the hallway and vanish. In this case it was 2D, as in it ran along the wall. Dangdest thing I ever saw. Hat and all and the last thing i ever expected and certainly my mind was not on something like that.

I have seen some since, those did not have hats on and they were 3D, outside. Saw those a few times but only at that one location, which was a temporary job I was helping out on, so it had to do with the people there or the place, I figure.

Kind of up to you to determine if it sounds the same or not. I never bother touching them or trying to. They (shadow folk) usually stay away from me. They stand well back or are running away when I spot them. Yours may have been something else? If you have medium skills perhaps you can sense that yourself looking back on the experience? 

As for information, just read the forums here, it ranges from the really interesting to the complete hogwash. Then google for more info on things which interest you if nobody answers here to your topics.

Welcome to UM.

@Not A Rockstar thank you very much, unfortunately I don’t have much contact with my mother’s side of the family anymore so I have no clue how to get a sense of what it was through looking back using mediumship skills. 

10 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

hmm, we may differ in our view of earthbounds then. Most seem neutral to me, but like shells of a person and I am not sure what they really are. Some of the stronger ones, though, can be mean. The shadow folk I have been around did not feel sinister at all, but they are around on business, kinda like vultures imo. Some people write about their shadow people and liking them and having them around all the time and that is basically living with vultures feeding off you. 

One or two seen, pay attention, more hanging out, get to work. 

Dunno. 

@Not A Rockstar I’m trying to do some research on recordings but I can’t find any information on them as I just get websites talking about audio/video recordings rather than an entity. 

Do you know anywhere I can get more information about them?

Well, how about this, then.

1. Did the being appear like a silhouette as if it was covered totally in a black stocking, face and all? Or did it appear like a person, simply utterly black, really dark black?

2. Did it at any time seem to know you were there? How close did it get to you? I assume pretty close for your to wave your arms through it?

3. What did you feel at the time? If fear do you think it was just you being scared to see this thing, or did you feel it emanated a threat somehow?

4. When it vanished, did it break up or simply move away and vanish?

Just now, Not A Rockstar said:

Well, how about this, then.

1. Did the being appear like a silhouette as if it was covered totally in a black stocking, face and all? Or did it appear like a person, simply utterly black, really dark black?

2. Did it at any time seem to know you were there? How close did it get to you? I assume pretty close for your to wave your arms through it?

3. What did you feel at the time? If fear do you think it was just you being scared to see this thing, or did you feel it emanated a threat somehow?

4. When it vanished, did it break up or simply move away and vanish?

1. Definitely as a utterly pitch black person

2. I am pretty sure it knew I was there as I could feel it staring at me, which I could feel almost as if it was piercing me. By the time I was able to move my arms to wave through it, it was no more than 30 cm away. 

3. I felt fear but I’m pretty sure that was just the situation. However, when I felt it staring at me I got an overwhelming feeling of being hunted, as if I was it’s prey. 

Something I should have mentioned, since then I occasionally feel the vibrations as if someone was walking behind me (when I turn around there is nothing there) and sometimes see a shadow of a person passing by. When this happens I usually have a bad depression for the next week or so. As I said this only started happening after the occurance with the subject of this thread. 

4. I’m not entirely sure as the second I was able to move my arm I then ran down the stairs but if I were to choose one that I feel someone confident with I’d say it just vanished. 

Thank you 

2 minutes ago, OneCuriousPotato said:

@Not A Rockstar I’m trying to do some research on recordings but I can’t find any information on them as I just get websites talking about audio/video recordings rather than an entity. 

Do you know anywhere I can get more information about them?

I tried googling and got a slew of evp junk. A so-called "recording" in reference to a "ghost" sighting visually is an apparition which seems to be running on auto-pilot. One of the more famous ones was in the UK where people occasionally reported seeing a Roman Legion marching, only oddly they walked on their knees as if their feet sank into the roadway. Welp, the original roadway they would have marched was where the ghost feet would be hitting. Some witnesses even claimed they heard it.

The theory is that somehow some events get recorded into .... the air? the ether? something we don't know about yet? and sometimes gets triggered again to play/seem to happen again. At its most simple this is a recording. I read about one also in the UK where occasionally they would see a young girl dressed as a maid walk into the back door and vanish into a wall. Come to find out way back when that had been the door out into the house for the servants, and renovations later had made it a solid wall. This type of "haunt" generally bothers no one and never reacts or sees anyone. It is not even a real ghost as such. No mind or intelligence, it just is like a visual record of something from way back and not necessarily with any trauma associated. Like most paranormal things, no rhyme or reason to it. Why that if anything was recorded? 

You will find a lot of "hauntings" are of this sort. They repeat at the same place at sometimes very long intervals. 

1 minute ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I tried googling and got a slew of evp junk. A so-called "recording" in reference to a "ghost" sighting visually is an apparition which seems to be running on auto-pilot. One of the more famous ones was in the UK where people occasionally reported seeing a Roman Legion marching, only oddly they walked on their knees as if their feet sank into the roadway. Welp, the original roadway they would have marched was where the ghost feet would be hitting. Some witnesses even claimed they heard it.

The theory is that somehow some events get recorded into .... the air? the ether? something we don't know about yet? and sometimes gets triggered again to play/seem to happen again. At its most simple this is a recording. I read about one also in the UK where occasionally they would see a young girl dressed as a maid walk into the back door and vanish into a wall. Come to find out way back when that had been the door out into the house for the servants, and renovations later had made it a solid wall. This type of "haunt" generally bothers no one and never reacts or sees anyone. It is not even a real ghost as such. No mind or intelligence, it just is like a visual record of something from way back and not necessarily with any trauma associated. Like most paranormal things, no rhyme or reason to it. Why that if anything was recorded? 

You will find a lot of "hauntings" are of this sort. They repeat at the same place at sometimes very long intervals. 

Ah, thank you very much. Yeah I don’t think this was what I witnessed as the thing I saw most definitely had what I believe to be a high level of intellect and awareness of me and the surroundings. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OneCuriousPotato said:

1. Definitely as a utterly pitch black person

2. I am pretty sure it knew I was there as I could feel it staring at me, which I could feel almost as if it was piercing me. By the time I was able to move my arms to wave through it, it was no more than 30 cm away. 

3. I felt fear but I’m pretty sure that was just the situation. However, when I felt it staring at me I got an overwhelming feeling of being hunted, as if I was it’s prey. 

Something I should have mentioned, since then I occasionally feel the vibrations as if someone was walking behind me (when I turn around there is nothing there) and sometimes see a shadow of a person passing by. When this happens I usually have a bad depression for the next week or so. As I said this only started happening after the occurance with the subject of this thread. 

4. I’m not entirely sure as the second I was able to move my arm I then ran down the stairs but if I were to choose one that I feel someone confident with I’d say it just vanished. 

Thank you 

I am going to go with @Piney 's earthbound thought. That is what it sounds like to me more than a shadow person. What do you think, Piney?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I am going to go with @Piney 's earthbound thought. That is what it sounds like to me more than a shadow person. What do you think, Piney?

Yeah, having looked into earthbounds a little it seems likely that is what I saw, although I have not seen anything that can help with the feeling that it was hunting me. Also what do you think about the second thing I’ve mentioned about the footstep vibrations I’ve felt ?

• Like 1

How totally bull headed mean are you way down deep?

I am thinking you need to tell this to get the heck away from you in no uncertain or nervous terms every single time you sense it near you. You have every right to not be bothered by these unseen creepies. No vibrations, no sounds, no weird feelings it has to go, period. If you can be that rock solid inside sure and order it away every time you sense this junk it will be over with. No waver, no doubt, no tolerance. It is even ok to get mad. Yell at it out loud, whatever you need to do to feel solid in doing this. Zero tolerance. That is the only thing that works and you do not need all the mumbo jumbo rituals etc to do this class of entity. 

Get away from me,

get away from my family and friends,

stay away from me,

get out of my house, get away from me

you can also add Jesus in there if you are a believer, Call on God to help throw it out from your life, or whatever religion works for you or none if your are atheist. Once you know what it is and say no, it has to pack and leave though it may try to pretend that's not true for a time or two. Just repeat and throw it out of your house and mean it. Do not ever tolerate this stuff. Trust me, if spirits are your calling you will still see plenty but solid lines and rules are wise. Tolerate zero weird around yourself or in your home is the best advice I can give anyone. Especially if you have family or children. Just a bad idea all around to think it is harmless. That depression you mentioned should prove it to you what a real weak earthbound class entity can do in your space just by jerking your chain once in a while. Evict him.

If you aren't sure it might not creep you out, perhaps @Piney has better advice. But, really, if this bothers you do not pursue your curiosity further as these are the lower order ones and easiest. Just get mad if you hear anything further, that may help, and order it out and don't back down. Order until you feel it halt, or go away. Do it again if it repeats. Tolerate nothing at all in your home. 

He is probably at work today, so give him some time to get back with us. I have been up all night so am catching a nap for a few hours.

You are ok, Tater. You can do this now that you know. The fear is a lie it is putting on you. Just say no more. 

Sorry falling asleep, got to go for a few. Can't even explain better, I have hit my wall LOL Any questions feel free. We have a few really good experts around here. Later :)

13 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

How totally bull headed mean are you way down deep?

I am thinking you need to tell this to get the heck away from you in no uncertain or nervous terms every single time you sense it near you. You have every right to not be bothered by these unseen creepies. No vibrations, no sounds, no weird feelings it has to go, period. If you can be that rock solid inside sure and order it away every time you sense this junk it will be over with. No waver, no doubt, no tolerance. It is even ok to get mad. Yell at it out loud, whatever you need to do to feel solid in doing this. Zero tolerance. That is the only thing that works and you do not need all the mumbo jumbo rituals etc to do this class of entity. 

Get away from me,

get away from my family and friends,

stay away from me,

get out of my house, get away from me

you can also add Jesus in there if you are a believer, Call on God to help throw it out from your life, or whatever religion works for you or none if your are atheist. Once you know what it is and say no, it has to pack and leave though it may try to pretend that's not true for a time or two. Just repeat and throw it out of your house and mean it. Do not ever tolerate this stuff. Trust me, if spirits are your calling you will still see plenty but solid lines and rules are wise. Tolerate zero weird around yourself or in your home is the best advice I can give anyone. Especially if you have family or children. Just a bad idea all around to think it is harmless. That depression you mentioned should prove it to you what a real weak earthbound class entity can do in your space just by jerking your chain once in a while. Evict him.

If you aren't sure it might not creep you out, perhaps @Piney has better advice. But, really, if this bothers you do not pursue your curiosity further as these are the lower order ones and easiest. Just get mad if you hear anything further, that may help, and order it out and don't back down. Order until you feel it halt, or go away. Do it again if it repeats. Tolerate nothing at all in your home. 

He is probably at work today, so give him some time to get back with us. I have been up all night so am catching a nap for a few hours.

You are ok, Tater. You can do this now that you know. The fear is a lie it is putting on you. Just say no more. 

Sorry falling asleep, got to go for a few. Can't even explain better, I have hit my wall LOL Any questions feel free. We have a few really good experts around here. Later :)

Thank you so much you’ve been really helpful. Yeah it doesn’t really bother me just curious as to what it was, I have tried telling spirits to leave before when my friend saw a black figure running at inhuman speeds up the stairs where another friend of mine was sick, no one has felt anything in the house since so I’ll do this again if I need to. 

Thank you again !

1 hour ago, OneCuriousPotato said:

Yeah, having looked into earthbounds a little it seems likely that is what I saw, although I have not seen anything that can help with the feeling that it was hunting me. Also what do you think about the second thing I’ve mentioned about the footstep vibrations I’ve felt ?

A Earthbound will attach itself to a person for "warmth" or pleasure. Most people can't detect this. Best way to banish them is to use something that works for you. Smudges, prayers, chants and religious items are just "focusing" tools and have no power in themselves. It's all in the focus-determination.

• Like 3