Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man fined £800 after filming dog's 'Nazi salutes'


OverSword
 Share

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

The National Socialists were many things, but "funny" wasn't part of their repertoire.                                                          

     

I don’t know... “Hitler On Ice”, not even a little bit funny?

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Grey Area said:

Ok, so you deliberately took me out of context?

Why?

Gee, for a someone trying to call into question the mental capacity of others, you’re not the fastest guy on the uptake... It’s fairly simple, just because you didn’t get the joke (mine or Count Dankula’s), doesn’t make you the arbiter of funny.  

I’ll spell it out for you: “Social Justice Warriors”, have a bad habit of deliberately taking things out of context and misrepresenting the intentions of the speaker... it’s how they keep coming up with these incidents of “hate” speech, when there was, in fact, no hateful intention on the part of the speaker.

In fact, it’s such a common tactic, it’s a meme...

 

 

FBDD61F0-B8FB-4E49-B9A4-4C231461F182.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Alaric said:

Gee, for a someone trying to call into question the mental capacity of others, you’re not the fastest guy on the uptake... 

So says the arbiter of cleverness.

5 hours ago, Alaric said:

It’s fairly simple, just because you didn’t get the joke (mine or Count Dankula’s), doesn’t make you the arbiter of funny.  

I understood it was meant as some sort of joke, but it's okay I guess everyone else was laughing so hard they forgot to mash that emoji laughing button.

5 hours ago, Alaric said:

I’ll spell it out for you: “Social Justice Warriors”, have a bad habit of deliberately taking things out of context and misrepresenting the intentions of the speaker... it’s how they keep coming up with these incidents of “hate” speech, when there was, in fact, no hateful intention on the part of the speaker.

But a JUDGE deemed it inappropriate.  Unless you have inside knowledge that the judge in question is a 'Social Justice Warrior' and not impartial, an independent, impartial person tasked with examining the evidence and making a judgement without prejudice, made the judgement that this guy deserved to be fined.  That is it.

5 hours ago, Alaric said:

In fact, it’s such a common tactic, it’s a meme...

FBDD61F0-B8FB-4E49-B9A4-4C231461F182.jpeg

 Image result for so this is what a meme is

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Alaric said:

Gee, for a someone trying to call into question the mental capacity of others, you’re not the fastest guy on the uptake... It’s fairly simple, just because you didn’t get the joke (mine or Count Dankula’s), doesn’t make you the arbiter of funny.  

I’ll spell it out for you: “Social Justice Warriors”, have a bad habit of deliberately taking things out of context and misrepresenting the intentions of the speaker... it’s how they keep coming up with these incidents of “hate” speech, when there was, in fact, no hateful intention on the part of the speaker.

In fact, it’s such a common tactic, it’s a meme...

I have a leftist dictionary. Here are some definitions from it. A Black conservative is a White supremacist. A woman, who wants to be a good mom and a good wife, is a misogynist. A Christian, who believes that sin exists, is a bigot. A Jew, with traditional morals and values, is a Nazi. A new citizen of Mexican descent, who opposes illegal immigrants from Mexico, is a xenophobe. A gay person, who opposes homosexual indoctrination in grade schools, is a homophobe.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I have a leftist dictionary. Here are some definitions from it. A Black conservative is a White supremacist. A woman, who wants to be a good mom and a good wife, is a misogynist. A Christian, who believes that sin exists, is a bigot. A Jew, with traditional morals and values, is a Nazi. A new citizen of Mexican descent, who opposes illegal immigrants from Mexico, is a xenophobe. A gay person, who opposes homosexual indoctrination in grade schools, is a homophobe.

I have a dictionary too.

41836369771_fc6efe3982_m.jpg

 

 

 

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I have a dictionary too.

41836369771_fc6efe3982_m.jpg

 

 

 

Their race cards now are revoked. They won't play anymore.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was a ****ing joke right ? My grandparents were slowly starved to death for 5 years and still shiver if they see or hear anything Nazi related. Where he lives he knows what he is doing and he knows that is it wrong. Screw him no sympathy for this loser !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Grey Area said:

But a JUDGE deemed it inappropriate.

 

Which is why the incident has made your society a laughingstock across the world in places where free speech is actually a thing... better make sure anything funny you try to do is first approved by The Ministry...

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The man has the right to be an offensive dick.

The fact of the matter, he's an offensive dick who's not worth the debate.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

The man has the right to be an offensive dick.

The fact of the matter, he's an offensive dick who's not worth the debate.

I agree with the first part... and partially with the 2nd part, the debate is not about Count Dankula (don’t really care about him or his work)... but freedom of speech is certainly a topic worth debating. And by definition, the free speech that needs protecting is not that which is found agreeable by the general public.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

I have a dictionary too.

41836369771_fc6efe3982_m.jpg

How's that "light and breezy" going? :unsure:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Alaric said:

I agree with the first part... and partially with the 2nd part, the debate is not about Count Dankula (don’t really care about him or his work)... but freedom of speech is certainly a topic worth debating. And by definition, the free speech that needs protecting is not that which is found agreeable by the general public.

I'm sorry. You had so many quantifiers there, I missed your point.

*shakes head*

So the free speech most worthy of protection is that which is most disagreeable to the general public?

 

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the best solution to this is the word "Nazi" should be immediately banned and never ever allowed to be muttered again.  Come to think of it same with the name "George".  This individual named Geor-... uh.. Guh... hmm Georgia with an I and a a at the end unleashed a terror in the 20th century nation called Iraq and his name should also be excluded from ever leaving the lowly decibles of the human mouth. He cannot be spoken of like Adolph... Err another Nath- he who is also now banned.  These are all extremely hateful names and we should refrain daily from saying these names.  Nothing good comes from reminding others who these hateful individuals were and what they stood for!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Alaric said:

Which is why the incident has made your society a laughingstock across the world in places where free speech is actually a thing... better make sure anything funny you try to do is first approved by The Ministry...

 

So which shining beacons of democracy and equality find us a laughing stock, because of this internationaly reknowned and widely reported incident?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

But then again... what do I know about funny? I’m just some guy... but this guy, I think he knows a thing or two about comedy... 

If you start to think "ooh, we mustn’t criticise or offend them", humour is gone, with humour goes a sense of proportion, and then as far as I’m concerned we’re living in 1984 

John Cleese 

What he’s saying is not hyperbole, comedy is the canary in the coal mine... once they kill the song of comedy, better watch out.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

I'm sorry. You had so many quantifiers there, I missed your point.

*shakes head*

So the free speech most worthy of protection is that which is most disagreeable to the general public?

 

It’s not that complicated... Count Dankula is not the point... freedom of speech is.

Saying, “I love unicorns and rainbows”, is not the kind of speech that needs protection... saying, “the Queen of  England ‘blank’” (insert any statement there from the Ad Hominem on the one hand to a legitimate, but unpopular, political complaint on the other hand)... now that’s the kind of speech that’s at risk of being shut down and needs protection.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Grey Area said:

So which shining beacons of democracy and equality find us a laughing stock, because of this internationaly reknowned and widely reported incident?

Here’s two guys who have no class and know absolutely nothing about comedy discussing it...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Alaric said:

It’s not that complicated... Count Dankula is not the point... freedom of speech is.

Saying, “I love unicorns and rainbows”, is not the kind of speech that needs protection... saying, “the Queen of  England ‘blank’” (insert any statement there from the Ad Hominem on the one hand to a legitimate, but unpopular, political complaint on the other hand)... now that’s the kind of speech that’s at risk of being shut down and needs protection.

I think there needs to be an honest discussion however as to what is "political".

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Alaric said:

Here’s two guys who have no class and know absolutely nothing about comedy discussing it...

 

Well I stand corrected if Baddiel and Gervais find it funny, then it must be just absolute pure satirical gold.

I want to see more people train their dogs to nazi salute when you say to them ‘gas the jews’... bloody hilarious!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As to what the rest of the world thinks of this. There’s an article in the Times of Israel about the incident... it’s pretty straight reporting. What’s more edifying is reading the comments. A sampling:

Guy Nahari
“This isn't a thing here in israel. it isn't even well known.
This is a p.c thing of the regressive agenda in europe.”
 
Shay Fowler
“What's happening is WRONG, is a tragedy, and is the antithesis of how a Western nation should operate. Every free person should be throwing up in their mouths a little bit right about now.”
 
Cohen Marlow
“Can't believe they actually managed to get away with such a misuse of justice.”
 
Alistair Mead
“Why do you imagine that I haven't been subjected to hatred and bigotry? I have been the subject of both and my convictions about free speech remain the same. That is because free speech is foundational for all our freedoms. If we are not free to say what we believe, no matter how hateful others find it, then we are not free at all. If we are not free to make a joke, even one in bad taste (which are generally the funniest, along with dirty jokes) we are in desperate times.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/scottish-man-found-guilty-of-hate-crime-for-teaching-nazi-salute-to-pug/amp/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

Well I stand corrected if Baddiel and Gervais find it funny, then it must be just absolute pure satirical gold.

I want to see more people train their dogs to nazi salute when you say to them ‘gas the jews’... bloody hilarious!

 

Neither you or the judge got the joke, ergo, it’s hate speech. You can side with some guy who’s (seriously) wearing a powdered wig on what’s funny... I think I’m in better company with my opinion.

P.S. from David Baddiel’s bio on Wiki:

His mother, Sarah, who died in 2014,[3] was a five months old refugee child when she was brought to the United Kingdom in 1939 by her parents after escaping from Nazi Germany, where her father, Ernst, had been stripped of his assets.”

Edited by Alaric
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

It was a ****ing joke right ? My grandparents were slowly starved to death for 5 years and still shiver if they see or hear anything Nazi related. Where he lives he knows what he is doing and he knows that is it wrong. Screw him no sympathy for this loser !

First, many people honor and value free speech more than you do. Second, the whole concept of "hate speech" is absolutely ridiculous in a free country. Third, it's just a silly joke that harms no ordinary person. Fourth, some European countries should stop claiming to be free countries.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

First, many people honor and value free speech more than you do. Second, the whole concept of "hate speech" is absolutely ridiculous in a free country. Third, it's just a silly joke that harms no ordinary person. Fourth, some European countries should stop claiming to be free countries.

First, good for them but totally irrelevant in this case.
Second, that is your opinion and there are no so called "free countries" in my opinion every country has their own laws
and this guy should have known better before publishing this on social media.
Third, making a video and over and over again and using the phrase "gas the jews" is not a joke anymore. It is offensive to me.
Fourth, again that is your opinion. I can tell you this, I have lived in both Europe and Northern America for extensive times
and I had way more freedoms in Europe than in Northern America. Just saying.
Further more I believe in free speech but that doens't mean that i can't find it offensive. 
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

First, good for them but totally irrelevant in this case.
Second, that is your opinion and there are no so called "free countries" in my opinion every country has their own laws
and this guy should have known better before publishing this on social media.
Third, making a video and over and over again and using the phrase "gas the jews" is not a joke anymore. It is offensive to me.
Fourth, again that is your opinion. I can tell you this, I have lived in both Europe and Northern America for extensive times
and I had way more freedoms in Europe than in Northern America. Just saying.
Further more I believe in free speech but that doens't mean that i can't find it offensive. 
 

Free speech is *the* most relevant thing in this case. It's not just my opinion that they devalue and undermine free speech, as it is an obvious fact. The joke is offensive (but not serious), but it is not a crime, and, to treat it as such, seems like a parody in its ridiculousness. I doubt that Europeans have more freedom of speech than Americans do, but it's your choice to let your "betters" define what's acceptable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Free speech is *the* most relevant thing in this case. It's not just my opinion that they devalue and undermine free speech, as it is an obvious fact. The joke is offensive (but not serious), but it is not a crime, and, to treat it as such, seems like a parody in its ridiculousness. I doubt that Europeans have more freedom of speech than Americans do, but it's your choice to let your "betters" define what's acceptable.

Re: the bolded.

Not where you live.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.