Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Home invasion repelled with guns

AnchorSteam

"Make my day" law always sounds like a plan!

I'm prepared, trust me, and it won't be pretty. :whistle:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Actually the crime of home invasion is under reported in other countries because the criminal charges leveled at the perpetrators is usually the peripheral crime committed during the invasion such as robbery, assault or rape. In the US it's an additional crime.

Source for the bold? 

On 4/24/2018 at 1:49 PM, AnchorSteam said:

In response to the constant elevation to National News of every single incident with Guns in this nation of 330 million people, I will seek to balance it with threads like this one.

They are, according to the FBI data base, far more common.

Residents Open Fire with AR-15, 9mm Handgun and Turn the Tide on 7 Invasion Suspects

(Hey, don't blame me, that is the font the article uses)

It was fuelled by social media!!!!!! 

It was a Facebook fight.

Now the dead 18 years old mother is on go fund me trying to raise money for her sons funeral. No parent should have to bury their child. 

In a country with regulation this would not have elevated beyond fisticuffs. Setton is 150% correct. 

Now those big tough men - 4 of them are going to have to live with the death of that 18 year old kid, and maybe a 16 year old. They killed some kids, wow, what heroes. Zeroes more like it. 

Social media disputes are hardly deadly home invasions, hyped up much??? 

That's something for to showcase and be proud of? I reckon anyone who thinks so needs their head read. 

This is not a case to support gun culture, this is an incident to be ashamed of. I've seen the photo of the dead kid, he doesn't look threatening or scary to me at all. 

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.jacksonville.com/news/20180417/baker-sheriff-5-arrested-in-fatal-home-invasion-sunday%3ftemplate=ampart

And I do blame you for the font. When you paste the editor gives you the option to remove formatting. Just more hype no doubt. 

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
font size
  • Like 1

Moderator Note: Font size fixed in OP and subsequent quotes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Setton said:

Source for the bold? 

Link

In the United States and many other English speaking countries (though not the United Kingdom) home invasion is an illegal and usually forceful entry to an occupied, private dwelling with intent to commit a violent crime against the occupants, such as robbery, assault, rape, murder, or kidnapping

In some jurisdictions, there is a defined crime of home invasion; in others, there is no crime defined as home invasion, but events that accompany the invasion are charged as crimes.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Yeah, that's the thing.

You don't need them until you do.

In a SHTF situation, it would certainly be better to be armed. 

And looking around at the world...I am not convinced it won't hit the fan. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that thinking. It's not paranoid, it's rational. I'm not even talking about a SHTF scenario, just a fighting chance against armed robbery, rapists, car jackers, etc.

If Canada wasn't so gun shy with concealed carry permits I would make sure my wife was absolutely armed. I would sleep better on those occasional lonely nights knowing she was carrying and could confidently handle herself. At most, it's an extra 3 or 4 lbs she has to carry on her and never touch. Unarmed? Well...I try not to think about that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, psyche101 said:

It was fuelled by social media!!!!!! 

It was a Facebook fight.

Now the dead 18 years old mother is on go fund me trying to raise money for her sons funeral. No parent should have to bury their child. 

No parent should raise their kids to be violent house-breakers who run in gangs.

18 year-olds murder people every day, and that's a fact.

In a country with regulation this would not have elevated beyond fisticuffs. Setton is 150% correct. 

Setton lives in a country where banning guns has failed to even lower the incidence of violent crime. In London they are banning knives now... and taking it to a ridiculous extreme.

Now those big tough men - 4 of them are going to have to live with the death of that 18 year old kid, and maybe a 16 year old. They killed some kids, wow, what heroes. Zeroes more like it. 

"Kid"?!?

Go out there and get up face-to-face with a teenage gang-banger and call him a Kid, I dare you.

And what happens to your face won't be pretty. At the very least you will be the next target for that cute little game they like to play. Its called the knock-out game, ever heard of it?

Social media disputes are hardly deadly home invasions, hyped up much??? 

Don't you think it says something about the problem with Social Media and how emotion people get for no good reason?

That's something for to showcase and be proud of? I reckon anyone who thinks so needs their head read. 

By whom, Herr Komissar?

This is not a case to support gun culture, this is an incident to be ashamed of. I've seen the photo of the dead kid, he doesn't look threatening or scary to me at all. 

Because appearances mean more than actions, eh? :rolleyes:

And I do blame you for the font. When you paste the editor gives you the option to remove formatting. Just more hype no doubt. 

So, you are making this personal, I have already said that this whole Disarm Citizens drive was based on personal dislikes, and I am far from the only one.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/269943/white-gun-owners-left-hates-you-mark-tapson

If you are a white, law-abiding gun owner, never forget: the left hates you. If you are a gun-wielding jihadist, leftists will find every excuse to turn a blind eye to your evil and direct their outrage toward white, law-abiding defenders of the Second Amendment. If you are a gun-wielding, non-white illegal alien like the multiple-felony murderer of San Francisco’s Kate Steinle, the left will shield you in a sanctuary city and blame Steinle for being white, pretty, and causing trouble for you by getting in the way of your bullet. They believe the National Rifle Association consists entirely of white gun owners, and law-abiding white gun owners are the new Nazis. The left hates you.

Moderator Note: Font size fixed in OP and subsequent quotes.

Thanks, I didn't know how to do that myself, nobody ever went crazy over a detail like that before. 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

Well, that's the culture, and I doubt if the immigrants will take kindly to anyone taking their knives away from them for the first time since the Romans left town.

But here is the silly part; with the exception of acid, ANYthing that could possibly be harmful is being banned.

I wish it was a joke, but no such luck;

https://www.************/money/6087260/theresa-may-plastic-ban-straws-environment/

"Step away from the coffee stirrer and show me your hands, bud."

Meanwhile, in other news...

http://babylonbee.com/news/in-response-to-growing-number-of-fistfights-london-mayor-bans-hands/

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, aztek said:

i wonder if it has anything to do with  their immigration policy,  the timing corresponds to arrival of refuges,  i assume no one thinks Brits just became so violent all of a sudden, but hey, look how good their gun control works. 

Compare the Swedish rape rate before mass immigration to the Swedish rape rate after mass immigration. The huge difference is not coincidental. You can do this with other categories and other countries. Of course, only Nazis notice this. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

19 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

Well, that's the culture, and I doubt if the immigrants will take kindly to anyone taking their knives away from them for the first time since the Romans left town.

But here is the silly part; with the exception of acid, ANYthing that could possibly be harmful is being banned.

I wish it was a joke, but no such luck;

https://www.************/money/6087260/theresa-may-plastic-ban-straws-environment/

"Step away from the coffee stirrer and show me your hands, bud."

Can you be driven insane by insanity? I sometimes feel like I'm in some kind of funhouse mirror of reality, one that gets more absurd each minute. The UK, the land of killing children and jailing pranksters, may be ground zero now. It's replacing Florida as the capital of the parallel universe of WTF?.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Can you be driven insane by insanity? I sometimes feel like I'm in some kind of funhouse mirror of reality, one that gets more absurd each minute. The UK, the land of killing children and jailing pranksters, may be ground zero now. It's replacing Florida as the capital of the parallel universe of WTF?.

I’m not surprised, the US constitution was specifically written to counter the very real tyrannies perpetrated by the British government, they’ve been at it for a while.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

No parent should raise their kids to be violent house-breakers who run in gangs.

No they shouldn't, and I really doubt he was brought up to break into houses. It was a argument that was elevated,  ot a home invasion, they were not there to Rob the people or rape, they were there to settle a dispute. 

18 year-olds murder people every day, and that's a fact.

And how many has this one murdered? None. How many shots did he fire? None, yet 30 shots were fired weren't they? How do you know he wasn't baited into the situation so someone could get away with murder? 

Setton lives in a country where banning guns has failed to even lower the incidence of violent crime. In London they are banning knives now... and taking it to a ridiculous extreme.

And how many public massacres a year do they have? How many schools where kids are mass murdered have happened there over the last decade? 

"Kid"?!?

Go out there and get up face-to-face with a teenage gang-banger and call him a Kid, I dare you.

And what happens to your face won't be pretty. At the very least you will be the next target for that cute little game they like to play. Its called the knock-out game, ever heard of it?

No worries, my son turned 16 a few weeks ago so the 16 year old in hospital is a bit close to home, he could get together with every friend he has and I'd laugh. He has a similar build to the 18 year old who is dead over a bloody Facebook fight. 

Don't you think it says something about the problem with Social Media and how emotion people get for no good reason?

Of course it does, it's a relatively new media and we need to learn how to use it wisely. Emotions fly, and this shows how ugly it can get and what needless death can result when there is open access to deadly weapons. This is a horrible result, not a case for unrestricted ownership. 

Its not a good example of guns saving lives, it's just a story about a dead kid and a hurt teenager. 

By whom, Herr Komissar?

By anyone who thinks 30 rounds pumped out at some kids over a Facebook dispute is a good case for home defense with a deadly weapon. 

Because appearances mean more than actions, eh? :rolleyes:

How many shots did he fire? None, the action is a dead kid who does not appear the least threatening over a verbal disagreement. The one who killed should face manslaughter charges at the very least. 

So, you are making this personal, I have already said that this whole Disarm Citizens drive was based on personal dislikes, and I am far from the only one.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/269943/white-gun-owners-left-hates-you-mark-tapson

I'm pointing out that this is a ridiculous case to support the personal ownership of deadly weapons. Your example is a sad story, not some tale of justice. 

Thanks, I didn't know how to do that myself, nobody ever went crazy over a detail like that before. 

Its an automatic function, just sayin... Its not rocket science 

Edited by psyche101

5 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

idiocracy.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

"Make my day" law always sounds like a plan!

I'm prepared, trust me, and it won't be pretty. :whistle:

;)  AKA: "Come on and get you some..."  :w00t:   :gun:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, psyche101 said:

And how many has this one murdered? None. How many shots did he fire? None, yet 30 shots were fired weren't they? How do you know he wasn't baited into the situation so someone could get away with murder? 

What? They kicked in the door and fired the first shot. They poked the bear. They weren't there to hand out cash prizes and hugs. 

12 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

He doesn't understand that size doesn't matter they just shoot you in the face and move on. 

By anyone who thinks 30 rounds pumped out at some kids over a Facebook dispute is a good case for home defense with a deadly weapon. 

It wasn't over a facebook dispute it was over the fact that he was awakened to his door being kicked in and a shot being fired. He probably didn't even know who it was and was terrified. 

• Like 2

Just now, and then said:

;)  AKA: "Come on and get you some..."  :w00t:   :gun:

I don't know if you watched Live PD tonight, but an officer was making a traffic stop and the motorist told him he had a gun. The Houston area cop then said "It's Texas, everyone has a gun" :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

No they shouldn't, and I really doubt he was brought up to break into houses. It was a argument that was elevated,  ot a home invasion, they were not there to Rob the people or rape, they were there to settle a dispute. 

Don't you know what one of the invaders left a .380 semi-auto pistol behind?

Yeah, the little darlings had guns too.

And that was in the OP article. 

And how many has this one murdered? None. How many shots did he fire?...

Good!

That means they nailed him before he could do any violence to the people who's home he helped break into along with half a dozen others in the gang.

You don't smash your way into anyone's home to continue an argument, you can do that by shouting through the window.

And how many public massacres a year do they have? How many schools where kids are mass murdered have happened there over the last decade? 

The odds of actually being shot in one of these highly publicized mass-shootings is less than being struck by lightning... in fact, its more like being mauled by a Polar Bear and a Regular bear in the same day.

And since the Left is blocking things that would really stop this, like allowing the very small sample of school personnel who are both willing and qualified to carry concealed in school... that leads me to believe that the Left holds the lives of the kids involved in lower regard than the Political objective of Citizen Disarmament. 

The list of shooters stopped cold by a good guy with a gun is also interesting, shall I pull some of those up?

No worries, my son turned 16 a few weeks ago so the 16 year old in hospital is a bit close to home, he could get together with every friend he has and I'd laugh. He has a similar build to the 18 year old who is dead over a bloody Facebook fight. 

Then if you are raising him right and he's not going to go along with this sort of criminal activity, you have done your part.

Which is a hell of a lot more than a lot of so-called parents are doing these days.... :angry:

Of course it does, it's a relatively new media and we need to learn how to use it wisely. Emotions fly, and this shows how ugly it can get and what needless death can result when there is open access to deadly weapons. This is a horrible result, not a case for unrestricted ownership. 

Straw man. There are already over 20,000 gun-laws on the books in the USA. How many more will be needed?

Can we get a round number here?

Because so far, every one of them was supposed to solve the problem, and they just keep blowing it. 

Its not a good example of guns saving lives, it's just a story about a dead kid and a hurt teenager. 

And some people who successfully defended their home and their own bodies from serious harm. 

Oh, and don't you DARE tell me that a beat-down is not a serious crime. It isn't just the pain, the hospital bills and the lost wages. It also concerns the humiliation and dehumanizing aspect for the victims, which was why a gang of thugs would initiate such a thing in the first place. 

They were there to steal human dignity away from somebody that was all snarky online, and since they were armed it could have been a hell of a lot worse that just that.

Not much experience with guns, eh?

That much could be burned up by two guns in ten seconds. At the range I typically burn up 50-70 rounds with a pistol and about 20 with a rifle, and thats just to stay in tune.

How many shots did he fire? None, the action is a dead kid who does not appear the least threatening over a verbal disagreement. The one who killed should face manslaughter charges at the very least. 

Idiocracy indeed...

Okay, so after weeks or months of taunting, I show up some night with half a dozen hoods backing me up, and after screaming from the street that I am gonna get your son we all come smashing through YOUR door and you have about 2 seconds to decide what to do.

I don't expect an honest answer, but a simple one would be nice. 

I'm pointing out that this is a ridiculous case to support the personal ownership of deadly weapons. Your example is a sad story, not some tale of justice. 

Okay, so what would be a good case to illustrate my point?

Its an automatic function, just sayin... Its not rocket science 

And you keep bringing it up because you are trying to make me look like an idiot.  So I was dead-bang right to say you are treating this as a personal thing. 

Personal grudges make for some crappy National Policy, just ask the Irish. 

Edited by AnchorSteam
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This is deteriorating rapidly. Unbelievable that some here are actually sympathetic to the little creeps that were the aggressors and got what was coming to them demonizing people who were attacked in their home and successfully defended themselves. Liberal insanity.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

So I was dead-bang right to say you are treating this as a personal thing. 

Additionally, can you think of any single issue within the countries of the E.U., or British Commonwealth that would cause an American such distress on a personal level?  I cannot think of a single decision or policy in those nations which would cause me to exert such energy and passion in expressing outrage at their choices for THEIR citizens.  This truly is at the root of my disagreement with those here from outside America who so doggedly denounce the second amendment and our choices regarding firearms.  I respect that they don't understand the sentiment but I cannot respect their attitude that they know better what works in a place where they've never lived or a culture they've experienced only at a distance and only in the most vicarious way. 

ETA - I DID think of one issue that is similar but not nearly as all-consuming for Americans with respect to the choices of the above - immigration and the PC insanity of accepting Islamic Fundies as a fait accompli and even as a beneficial thing for their nations.  While I truly don't understand it and vehemently disagree that it is a culturally positive act, I don't seek to impose MY will on them where this choice is concerned.  Nothing else even comes close to the level of passion we see against the 2A...

Edited by and then
clarification
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Has there been any protest on Assault Vans since that fatal incident in Canada, Or does the driver get the blame for this one? :unsure:

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Alaric said:

I’m not surprised, the US constitution was specifically written to counter the very real tyrannies perpetrated by the British government, they’ve been at it for a while.

It's the most surveilled country in the world with the most violent city in the world. The first is a likely violation of our Fifth, and the second is a violation of our Second. They actually spy on citizens. They disarm their people.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

idiocracy.jpg

That one never gets old. I think that many people came up with that joke or meme at the same time at some point after 9/11. It's like "1984 turned out to be an instruction manual". If we couldn't laugh, we could end up in our own version of "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/24/2018 at 2:35 PM, AnchorSteam said:

I have noticed that the mods tend to lock up threads that have degenerated into a flame-war. 

.... and for the record, I don't have a problem with that.

Guns save lives (1) created by me was locked due to a period of inactivity and Saru messaged me to say it was taking up too much space but that I was welcome to begin part 2. So I did I’m sure it’s still here. The member sweetpumper almost single handily took the reigns and kept the thread going and I haven’t seen him for a long time so that’s why it’s probably way down the list. Prior to the Russia thread guns save lives part one was the longest thread in the us/us politics section.  

Edit: yep it’s still here. For nastalgia, here are the links. https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/244653-guns-save-lives-thread/

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/287178-guns-save-lives-part-2/

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 2

On 4/28/2018 at 2:44 PM, internetperson said:

What? They kicked in the door and fired the first shot. They poked the bear. They weren't there to hand out cash prizes and hugs. 

Seems to be a confused point, most of the links I find only say yelling and noise, nothing about shooting. 

The suspects allegedly forced their way into the residence confronted the occupants, who were awakened by loud noises and yelling.

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/amp/article?section=news&subsection=crime&headline=baker-co-arrests-5-people-after-fatal-social-media-shootout-last-weekend&contentId=77-540230770

However, the suspects' plan backfired, as the occupants inside the home woke up to loud noises and yelling. They then armed themselves and began exchanging gunfire after realizing they were being threatened.

http://www.wtxl.com/news/one-killed-other-suspects-injured-after-florida-home-invasion/article_c199268a-41af-11e8-ba9f-1328463b0774.html

Deputies said they were armed with firearms and wore masks and other clothing to hide their identity.

The four people inside the house told deputies they woke up to loud noises and yelling. They realized they were being threatened, armed themselves and exchanged gunfire with the suspects, deputies said.

Three of the suspects were shot multiple times, deputies said.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/amp.actionnewsjax.com/www.actionnewsjax.com/news/local/deputies-investigate-glen-st-mary-shooting-that-hurt-three-people/732793341

About 4 a.m. Sunday seven people armed with firearms and wearing masks forced their way into the home. They confronted four men living there. The men armed themselves and exchanged gunfire with the intruders, according to the Sheriff's Office.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.jacksonville.com/news/20180417/baker-sheriff-5-arrested-in-fatal-home-invasion-sunday%3Ftemplate=ampart

He doesn't understand that size doesn't matter they just shoot you in the face and move on. 

If that was the case, the so called defenders would be the ones in the morgue and hospital wouldn't they? 

I'll never understand how people can think shooting a 16 year old is OK. 

And its not something I'm ever going to have to worry about because of gun regulation in my country. 

It wasn't over a facebook dispute it was over the fact that he was awakened to his door being kicked in and a shot being fired. He probably didn't even know who it was and was terrified. 

Not how the law is seeing it. They are calling it an ongoing fued fuelled by social media. 

And they knew who it was also according to the police. 

They confronted four men living there. The men armed themselves and exchanged gunfire with the intruders, according to the Sheriff's Office.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.jacksonville.com/news/20180417/baker-sheriff-5-arrested-in-fatal-home-invasion-sunday%3Ftemplate=ampart

In a country with gun regulation there would be no dead people. The intruders would be in jail on multiple charges and a 16 year old would not have been shot. Or an 18 year old dead. 

On 4/28/2018 at 2:53 PM, AnchorSteam said:

Don't you know what one of the invaders left a .380 semi-auto pistol behind?

Yeah, the little darlings had guns too.

And that was in the OP article. 

The OP article strikes me as biased, painting this as some sort of heroic act that saved lives. It wasnt, it was a Facebook fight with the worst possible outcome. This just wouldn't happen in a country with gun control. 

And was it fired? Was it loaded? Was it used to threaten? There were 7 people making idiots of themselves, according to gun culture, they all should be carrying weapons. 

See that just doesn't happen where regulation is active, the situation would not have ended with a kid shot and an 18 year old dead. People call it an equaliser, supposed to give people like grandparents the upper hand. Problem is that problem is a thousand times worse in a situation like this, or to a junky or theif. It also gives them the courage to commit crime, its a double edged sword that one. 

Good!

No not good. A 16 year old was shot, that's not good. That's just heartless of you. 

That means they nailed him before he could do any violence to the people who's home he helped break into along with half a dozen others in the gang.

Nailed a kid, what heroes. Pathetic 

You saw him, do you think that light framed kid could hurt you? I'd have a good chuckle at him before I taught him a lesson. Well no lessons for him, just a coffin. 

All of them, pathetic wimps. The perpetrators and the shooters. Guns took their sense of decency and now young people are dead. Too gutless to front someone without a stupid gun. There's that false bravado from  the 'great equaliser' Totally stupid idea to break into another's home, not a death sentence. 

You don't smash your way into anyone's home to continue an argument, you can do that by shouting through the window.

No you don't, but you call the police. You don't fire 30 rounds when some stupid kid is pretending to be a cop. If the perpetrators had burst in firing 30 rounds I could understand, but they didn't. If the zeroes who killed had fired a shot in the air they probably would have wet themselves and ran. Instead they sprayed kids with bullets. 

In a country with gun control, this would have resulted in a few black eyes and bruised egos. Not death. This is a sad story, and in no way justification for deadly weapons. 

The odds of actually being shot in one of these highly publicized mass-shootings is less than being struck by lightning... in fact, its more like being mauled by a Polar Bear and a Regular bear in the same day.

So polar bears visit your schools with deadly weapons do they? Because I don't hear of polar bears killing children in places where gun regulation is in place. 

And I seriously doubt that's any comfort to the dozens of parents who sent their children to school and then saw them in a morgue. Needless death for no good reason. 

And since the Left is blocking things that would really stop this, like allowing the very small sample of school personnel who are both willing and qualified to carry concealed in school... that leads me to believe that the Left holds the lives of the kids involved in lower regard than the Political objective of Citizen Disarmament. 

Well thank goodness at least someone is trying to stop this stupid p***ing contest turning into a civilian war. 

Most ridicous solution there is. Gun problem? Buy more guns, bigger guns, more powerful guns. How ridiculous. 

The list of shooters stopped cold by a good guy with a gun is also interesting, shall I pull some of those up?

How about you find a way to justify this  one to anyone who's not a gun nut? I find this a distressing story, not one of justice. It's the worst possible outcome. Not an example of guns protecting. It's an example of the effect of such a complacent attitude when deadly weapons are a regular part of life. 

Then if you are raising him right and he's not going to go along with this sort of criminal activity, you have done your part.

He is an awesome kid, he has his moments like anyone, but I feel priveliged to have such a great son. 

Which is a hell of a lot more than a lot of so-called parents are doing these days.... :angry:

And I'm genuinely sorry to hear that. I've seen bad parents, I doubt I'm a shining example, but I do my best, it's astounding you need a license to drive a car but anyone can bring a life into the world. People abuse what is truly a real gift. I sincerely hope that a solution can be found for that problem too. 

Straw man. There are already over 20,000 gun-laws on the books in the USA. How many more will be needed?

Can we get a round number here?

Because so far, every one of them was supposed to solve the problem, and they just keep blowing it. 

Just one. 

One that works. We found one, so did many other countries. The US has always been a leader and inspiration to many countries. I find it hard to believe such a mighty country can't fix a problem that everyone else can. 

And some people who successfully defended their home and their own bodies from serious harm. 

Not in this case, I just don't believe 30 rounds is self defence. I don't see how the 28 bullets that didn't kill or would the 16 year old did anything but put more lives in real peril. 

Oh, and don't you DARE tell me that a beat-down is not a serious crime. It isn't just the pain, the hospital bills and the lost wages. It also concerns the humiliation and dehumanizing aspect for the victims, which was why a gang of thugs would initiate such a thing in the first place. 

They were there to steal human dignity away from somebody that was all snarky online, and since they were armed it could have been a hell of a lot worse that just that.

Oh I'll dare. I think you seriously picked a horrid example to justify the unjustifiable. 

And yet they had the advantage is surprise and the dark, and support, and organisation, yet ended up dead, in hospital and, arrested. Your not seeing that aspect at all are you? 

Not much experience with guns, eh?

That much could be burned up by two guns in ten seconds. At the range I typically burn up 50-70 rounds with a pistol and about 20 with a rifle, and thats just to stay in tune.

No, very limited experience. I would hunt roos and pigs when in my teens on the farm with a semi auto. 22 and shot M16s in the army cadets. Haven't seen a gun for decades. 

The point is that's excessive. 

If they had disarmed the kids and given them a hiding, I'd be calling them heroes, killing kids with rifles that pump out ammo like that, and they would have known who it was after the Facebook BS, makes them zeroes. 

Idiocracy indeed...

Okay, so after weeks or months of taunting, I show up some night with half a dozen hoods backing me up, and after screaming from the street that I am gonna get your son we all come smashing through YOUR door and you have about 2 seconds to decide what to do.

I don't expect an honest answer, but a simple one would be nice. 

Remember it was a Facebook fight. Trouble was on the cards. I would call the police at the first sign of trouble. That's why I pay taxes. 

But I would not have to deal with guns. Like I said, in any other country with gun regulation, this would not escalate beyond fisticuffs. The kids would be in prison, not the morgue. 

Okay, so what would be a good case to illustrate my point?

You are asking me? I don't think there is a case where the severity of such situations would not be greatly mitigated by a working solution. I think gun culture propgates the wrong thinking, brings out the worst in people and I feel that's well illustrated by the people who think this incident was justice, and are making silly comments about how they would be ready for a home invader, is this how they would settle a Facebook fight too? 

That's not inspirational, that's concerning. 

And you keep bringing it up because you are trying to make me look like an idiot.  So I was dead-bang right to say you are treating this as a personal thing. 

Nah, said my piece. You can carry on, it's all fixed now, and I would like to hope your aware of the automatic function. My first impression was you did it on purpose for impact, like how bold represents shouting.