Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Home invasion repelled with guns

AnchorSteam

2 hours ago, aztek said:

well it is considered so in usa, god bless usa.

Well see, there's the reason for such misguidance right there, with a genocidal, mysoginistic murderous sexual deviate like that blessing you, it all becomes apparent why Facebook fights end up a matter of life and death. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, AnchorSteam said:

I think I see the problem here....

And it has been happening over and over  and over no-true-scotsman.jpg.4066fcc8788555ad90d0c925c604ff4c.jpg

Your problem is posting irrelevant memes in place of a response. 

uvdyr.jpg

1 hour ago, AnchorSteam said:

And there is certain set of facts (strangely enough) that may be influencing and the view from Australian.

Apparently, Australia is an incredibly violent and brutal place. I have seen lots of vids like this from Russia, and other places, but nothing holds a candle to the level of viciousness and Rage that I see in this clip. 

Honestly, have a look, those people are out of their freaking minds!!

So, I guess we know where certain people are coming from now.

(yeah, sure, post some for America, nothing even comes close ;) )

Bwahaha!!!!!! 

Now I get why you post like you do and have no respect for logic. 

Another graduate from YouTube University huh!!!!!! 

Its what the third time you've claimed to understand other cultures by posting whacky YouTube clips. It seems all you know is what you troll on YouTube. 

Thanks for the laugh, that's dead set Hillarious. 

So if I post some wall mart clips that will give the rest of the world a great look at what the average American is like yeah? 

Which one of these people most closely resembles you? 

Edited by psyche101

11 hours ago, psyche101 said:

That's ridiculous. I bet it means a heck of a lot to Corey Lauramore's family when they had to bury him over a Facebook fight. 

They had to bury him because he chose to break into a house with a group of armed masked men.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Well see, there's the reason for such misguidance right there, with a genocidal, mysoginistic murderous sexual deviate like that blessing you, it all becomes apparent why Facebook fights end up a matter of life and death. 

wow, i have not read bigger idiocy regarding my right to defend me and my home. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Said it before and I'll say it again, these shootings are an american problem which requires an american solution. Guns are not an american problem they're an american privilege. It used to annoy me when non americans dive right into our issues and they don't understand our culture. Nowadays I just take it as  a compliment. A brit explained this to me in another debate forum years ago: whoever the current world leader is will be criticized from every corner on the earth. We are the trend setters and everyone follows thereafter. 

One thing I've noticed about this forum is how polarizing the debate becomes. I'm generally positive I disagree with other americans on the legalities of our gun laws. That being said this is impossible to do outside of private messages. It is absolutely impossible to have an intelligent discussion with another american when someone else chimes in and posts something that all americans across the board disagree with. I think this is  a result of that cultural blindness. This thread is a perfect example of this. It's for this reason that I just kinda lurk here and have since decided occasionally chime in rather than 'debate.' This isn't really a debate anymore just a merry-go-round of "you're an idiot if you don't agree with me." 

I don't see the point of any debate in this thread regarding the OP. Seems cut and dry. School shootings are a worthy debate and it'd be nice to actually explore the minds of these kids and what has changed so rapidly rather than have to defend myself for being a gun owner.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Your problem is posting irrelevant memes in place of a response. 

And your problem is you are just realizing that your B.S. is worn out; saying exactly the same thing two dozen times is not doing anything but boring everyone to death.

But if you knew that, you would not have been so easily tricked into wasting 20-30 minutes of your life with another mega-post full of more endless repetition of the same old crap.

Thanks for the laughs, but now it's off to the Ignore List with you. Buh-Bye!

3 hours ago, internetperson said:

Said it before and I'll say it again, these shootings are an american problem which requires an american solution. Guns are not an american problem they're an american privilege. It used to annoy me when non americans dive right into our issues and they don't understand our culture. Nowadays I just take it as  a compliment. A brit explained this to me in another debate forum years ago: whoever the current world leader is will be criticized from every corner on the earth. We are the trend setters and everyone follows thereafter. 

While that is very true, I would be happier if they had taken our economic system closer to heart than rock & roll and coca cola. South Korea and Japan sure got it right, and they don't envy/hate us the way the Western Europeans do these days.

One thing I've noticed about this forum is how polarizing the debate becomes. I'm generally positive I disagree with other americans on the legalities of our gun laws. That being said this is impossible to do outside of private messages. It is absolutely impossible to have an intelligent discussion with another american when someone else chimes in and posts something that all americans across the board disagree with. I think this is  a result of that cultural blindness. This thread is a perfect example of this. It's for this reason that I just kinda lurk here and have since decided occasionally chime in rather than 'debate.' This isn't really a debate anymore just a merry-go-round of "you're an idiot if you don't agree with me." 

Good point, I think I'll be following your example from now on. 

I did manage to avoid responding to any threads with Trump's name in them for a couple of weeks.... which is 60-70% of what you see here.  Time to get out of this political crap and back to the fun stuff.

I don't see the point of any debate in this thread regarding the OP. Seems cut and dry. School shootings are a worthy debate and it'd be nice to actually explore the minds of these kids and what has changed so rapidly rather than have to defend myself for being a gun owner.

Well, it did reveal a good deal about the brick-wall nature of the opposition, didn't it?

But kudos, good post, and it will save me a lot of time & bother in the future. ;)

12 hours ago, Myles said:

They had to bury him because he chose to break into a house with a group of armed masked men.

How many were masked? 

How many were armed?

Was the dead kid armed or masked? 

Is this an appropriate end of life for such a young person for doing somthing dumb? 

Should all kids that do somthing dumb die for it? 

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

How many were masked? 

How many were armed?

Was the dead kid armed or masked? 

Is this an appropriate end of life for such a young person for doing somthing dumb? 

Should all kids that do somthing dumb die for it? 

who cares they broke in

who cares they broke in

who cares they broke in

if they chose to brake into houses yes

only those who dumb enough to  brake into someones home.

play dumb games win stupid prices

10 hours ago, internetperson said:

Said it before and I'll say it again, these shootings are an american problem which requires an american solution.

I haven't argued against that, I've in fact said the same thing. The only relevant information that is of interest is the end result. 

Guns are not an american problem they're an american privilege.

That's an opinion. 

It used to annoy me when non americans dive right into our issues and they don't understand our culture. Nowadays I just take it as  a compliment. A brit explained this to me in another debate forum years ago: whoever the current world leader is will be criticized from every corner on the earth. We are the trend setters and everyone follows thereafter. 

That used to be the case, not so much these days and especially so with the new president. I don't think anyone wants to follow current examples. 

And criticism wasn't really what happened. Emulation of American cultures was more what was prevalent  but like I say, not so much these days. 

The world has been immersed in American culture for decades, your kidding yourself if you think anyone outside your borders is clueless to American lifestyle choices. 

One thing I've noticed about this forum is how polarizing the debate becomes.

That's common across all subjects. Religion and politics often heat up, but even silly things like UFO/alien debates get polarised and heated. 

I'm generally positive I disagree with other americans on the legalities of our gun laws. That being said this is impossible to do outside of private messages.

I'm not understanding that. If your discussing such in the forum would you not be getting a better overview of what your position actually is, why withhold information and discuss it privately? 

It is absolutely impossible to have an intelligent discussion with another american when someone else chimes in and posts something that all americans across the board disagree with. I think this is  a result of that cultural blindness.

And yet you discuss what might be overlapping views in private? 

This thread is a perfect example of this. It's for this reason that I just kinda lurk here and have since decided occasionally chime in rather than 'debate.'

I'm surprised to see you comment after what you said earlier in the piece, how does this post adress the op or assist the discussion? 

This isn't really a debate anymore just a merry-go-round of "you're an idiot if you don't agree with me." 

Its always that when someone mentions gun regulation. Americans don't discuss regulation  they dismiss it and consider it an insult. Its just stupid pride to the rest of the world. 

I don't see the point of any debate in this thread regarding the OP.

Yet here you are again. 

Seems cut and dry. School shootings are a worthy debate and it'd be nice to actually explore the minds of these kids and what has changed so rapidly rather than have to defend myself for being a gun owner.

The thread is about a Facebook fight that got out of hand. It's not about school shootings, they are a consequence of gun culture. Any thread that discusses them comes up with the same arguments  not sure how repeating them progresses anything. Some even say they are a worthy sacrifice for the right to own a weapon unrestricted, I don't know how people can even think like that let alone defend such vile concepts. 

24 minutes ago, aztek said:

who cares they broke in

who cares they broke in

who cares they broke in

People with compassion care, people with ethics care, the dead kids family cares. 

24 minutes ago, aztek said:

if they chose to brake into houses yes

only those who dumb enough to  brake into someones home.

play dumb games win stupid prices

That's just appalling. Gun culture has robbed you of humanity. 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

People with compassion care, people with ethics care, the dead kids family cares. 

That's just appalling. Gun culture has robbed you of humanity. 

then maybe those people need to teach their kids not to brake into peoples homes

i have plenty of humanity, just not towards those who endanger me or my family, we have plenty of bad examples, i'm not taking any chances. gun culture has nothing to with it, criminals do.

we are also sue happy nation, so i'm not looking to get sued by someone who broke into my home,  thus i'd like to make sure they do not do that.

i would like nothing more than to never use my gun that way, have a brake in and kill someone,  but it is not up to me, if they start that chain of events, i will have to finish it one way or another

Edited by aztek

7 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

And your problem is you are just realizing that your B.S. is worn out; saying exactly the same thing two dozen times is not doing anything but boring everyone to death.

Its consistency, you should try it some time. 

But if you knew that, you would not have been so easily tricked into wasting 20-30 minutes of your life with another mega-post full of more endless repetition of the same old crap.

So your admitting you had no substance to your post  it was a diversion? 

Thanks for the laughs, but now it's off to the Ignore List with you. Buh-Bye!

That's a compliment. 

Well, it did reveal a good deal about the brick-wall nature of the opposition, didn't it?

No, your just full of yourself. 

But kudos, good post, and it will save me a lot of time & bother in the future. ;)

What, with writing more deceptive meaningless posts as you admitted to above? 

Just now, aztek said:

then maybe those people need to teach their kids not to brake into peoples homes

Yes they should  that doesn't mean teenagers aren't going to do somthing dumb from time to time and have to.pay for that with their life. Most people do somthing dumb as a teen as part of growing up. But with gun culture  one doesn't get the opportunity to learn from such mistakes like in this case, a couple of blokes in their 20s were appointed judge jury and executioner over kids doing something stupid. 

Just now, aztek said:

i have plenty of humanity, just not towards those who endanger me or my family, we have plenty of bad examples, i'm not taking any chances.

How did kids doing somthing stupid and getting killed endanger your family? 

3 minutes ago, internetperson said:

psyche how old are you?

51 what about you? 

29 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Yes they should  that doesn't mean teenagers aren't going to do somthing dumb from time to time and have to.pay for that with their life. Most people do somthing dumb as a teen as part of growing up. But with gun culture  one doesn't get the opportunity to learn from such mistakes like in this case, a couple of blokes in their 20s were appointed judge jury and executioner over kids doing something stupid. 

How did kids doing somthing stupid and getting killed endanger your family? 

yes well, some mistakes kill, this is one of them.

braking into my home is endangering my family.

you do not jump off a building, or grab live wires, or pull a gun on a cop, cuz you know it kills, this is another one of those situations. just learn it, do not try it. teach your kids that and they will be alive and healthy

braking into someones home is not a mistake, it is intentional act.  almost always.

now having said that, if i saw someone in my home not invited i would not shoot right away i would order him on the floor with hands spread out, keeping safe distance, if he does not comply right away, i will fell he is trying to get his gun or a knife, whether  he is armed or not i do not know, nor i want to find out the hard way, if he does,  i will hold him at gun point until cops arrive and arrest him. now if it turns out some drunk who mistook houses, (which happens once in a blue moon,) i wont press charges. but masked people will be considered armed and a threat, which i will have no choice but to stop permanently

Edited by aztek

2 hours ago, aztek said:

yes well, some mistakes kill, this is one of them.

That what I've been saying, a bad choice is a stupid mistake and young people make them  that's a part of growing up. It should not be a death sentence. 

2 hours ago, aztek said:

braking into my home is endangering my family.

But this want your home, it wasnt a family. It was 2 men in their 20s who went bat**** crazy with weapons. 

2 hours ago, aztek said:

you do not jump off a building, or grab live wires, or pull a gun on a cop, cuz you know it kills, this is another one of those situations. just learn it, do not try it. teach your kids that and they will be alive and healthy

We don't know what these kids ere taught by their parents, or what was going through their heads at the time. All parents should do their level gest, but young men tend to go against the grain as a part of growing up. I've read the obituaries concerning this case and I don't immediately notice anything particularly untoward about the family. 

2 hours ago, aztek said:

braking into someones home is not a mistake, it is intentional act.  almost always.

And yet the decision can be a mistake and was in this case. 

2 hours ago, aztek said:

now having said that, if i saw someone in my home not invited i would not shoot right away i would order him on the floor with hands spread out, keeping safe distance, if he does not comply right away, i will fell he is trying to get his gun or a knife, whether  he is armed or not i do not know, nor i want to find out the hard way, if he does,  i will hold him at gun point until cops arrive and arrest him. now if it turns out some drunk who mistook houses, (which happens once in a blue moon,) i wont press charges. but masked people will be considered armed and a threat, which i will have no choice but to stop permanently

Sounds more than reasonable. 

And if the 2 residents in their 20s had done that, I'd be singing their praises not saying they should face manslaughter charges. It's just not a case of guns saving lives, it's an example of how bad things can go when guns are involved. 

8 hours ago, psyche101 said:

That what I've been saying, a bad choice is a stupid mistake and young people make them  that's a part of growing up. It should not be a death sentence. 

But this want your home, it wasnt a family. It was 2 men in their 20s who went bat**** crazy with weapons. 

We don't know what these kids ere taught by their parents, ...............

you want to call it a mistake, ok it is a deadly mistake, just like jumping in from of a train, or off a building. natural selection.

well ok, 2 men in their 20s  does not make much difference, their house was broken into by men in masks. they feared for their lives, and killed intruders. 

apparently there were not taught not to brake into someone's house.  they learned the hard way. let their death be a lesson for others, if you smart enough to learn from someone else's mistakes that is.

Edited by aztek

12 hours ago, psyche101 said:

How many were masked?  Doesn't matter.   Being masked means they were going to do something  bad enough that they did not want to be identified.

How many were armed? - It only takes 1 gun

Was the dead kid armed or masked? - Doesn't matter.   He was part of a group who violently broke into a persons home.

Is this an appropriate end of life for such a young person for doing somthing dumb? - Yes it is, in this case.   It is sad, but it wouldn't have happened if a violent break in did not take place.

Should all kids that do somthing dumb die for it?  - Why are you stretching it like that?   That should be beneath you.

• Like 1

i realize maybe in Australia crime is a lot lower, people are alot less violent, and maybe i can see why he does not think braking in is not such a big deal, especially if he lives in the middle of nowhere, but here things are very different.

Edited by aztek

I found statistics on the likelihood of becoming the victim of a violent crime if you are home when a burglary is being committed... it’s about 1 in 4. Though this isn’t quite the same thing as a “home invasion”, which is generally understood to mean a burglary being committed with the full knowledge that there will be people in the house... that’s quite an important distinction, IMO.

I would say that a gang brazen enough to go in knowing full well that people will be home, has to, at a minimum, have already committed to being OK with a certain level of violence... because how else are they expecting to control the occupants? At the very least, they will be threatened with violence, if not actually having it done to them.

vdhb.pdf

Much has been made of this altercation starting on Facebook... I would say that, since the stated motive was revenge over a social media feud and not robbery, the chances that the perpetrators were there specifically to commit some sort of violence upon the occupants was pretty much 100%.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, aztek said:

i realize maybe in Australia crime is a lot lower, people are alot less violent, and maybe i can see why he does not think braking in is not such a big deal, especially if he lives in the middle of nowhere, but here things are very different.

Well, maybe in the old days there would have been a bit of a tussle... then a few black eyes and some swollen lips would have been handed out... but the only thing being killed would have been a couple of rounds in the bar after.

These whippersnappers and their social media... wannabe tough boys pull out their gat, talk some smack... and suffer the consequences...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Alaric said:

I found statistics on the likelihood of becoming the victim of a violent crime if you are home when a burglary is being committed... it’s about 1 in 4. Though this isn’t quite the same thing as a “home invasion”, which is generally understood to mean a burglary being committed with the full knowledge that there will be people in the house... that’s quite an important distinction, IMO.

I would say that a gang brazen enough to go in knowing full well that people will be home, has to, at a minimum, have already committed to being OK with a certain level of violence... because how else are they expecting to control the occupants? At the very least, they will be threatened with violence, if not actually having it done to them.

vdhb.pdf

Much has been made of this altercation starting on Facebook... I would say that, since the stated motive was revenge over a social media feud and not robbery, the chances that the perpetrators were there specifically to commit some sort of violence upon the occupants was pretty much 100%.

Good post.  

It's a big world and it takes all kinds.   I do not consider myself a bad person for feeling as I do.  If a group of masked men violently broke into my home, I would not wait to see if they would leave my family alone.   I would grab my gun, shout a warning and not hesitate to fire if they did not immediately run out of the house.   I don't care if it was someone who I had argued with on social media.   If they were already heading towards my daughters, the warning may not even be a part of it.   

• Like 1