Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pollution free for all coming?

Farmer77

This one is huge. Scott Pruitt is swinging for the fences in a bid to permanently sideline science. 

Scott Pruitt Wants to Stop the EPA from Using Science When Setting Regulations 

While transparency may sound like an unvarnished good, this particular use of the word has long been floated around conservative circles as a justification for hiding data about the dangers of everything from particulates produced by power plants, to cancer-causing pesticides. The idea is that since many of these health studies include data that is private to the patients, and can’t fully be released to the public, by putting in a rule that says all data in a study must be public, these health studies can be ruled out en mass. Smaller, and more recent studies might be able to clear this new hurdle by going back to the patients involved and asking for special permission to release more information. But large public health studies done years or decades ago will have no way of meeting the new standard.

Absolutely terrifying. 

• Thanks 1

If policy is going to be implemented on us all, we should know why. I had no idea we deciding environmental policies based on information not available to the public. That’s crazy. 

I can't stand the gentleman personally.

I wouldn't miss him if he left for some reason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Doesn't this guy have more than 10 open investigations into him right now?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I can't stand the gentleman personally.

I wouldn't miss him if he left for some reason.

The whole ranch and green logging industry wouldn't miss him if he was sucked out of a airplane....

• Like 2

Just now, preacherman76 said:

If policy is going to be implemented on us all, we should know why. I had no idea we deciding environmental policies based on information not available to the public. That’s crazy. 

isn't it the other way around.  studies that can not be reviewed due to confidentiality of data should not be used,  that is what the plan is, not to use those studies. at least that is what they want us to think it is all about,

however i still do not buy it,  just remove names from medical records and that is it, or do not use real names to begin with, assign a participant with a number, and use that.  or replace names with numbers.  it is very easy to fix. i think the intent is very different.

otoh, so far we used studies, and we are not getting any cleaner, corporations still pollute and poison,  i think EPA is a front for something, its purpose is not what they want us to think,

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

In theory I would agree with you but in reality you cant go putting peoples personal information out in the public sphere. There needs to be a solution found quickly , I like @aztek's suggestion as a means to comply with HIPPA Law and still offer transparency. 

What they're trying to do now is just a horrifying form of corporate welfare. 

Ironically as I'm typing this CNN is talking about how the WH staff is trying to push Pruitt out. The quote that stuck out to me was "no one wants him here except for Trump" 

there are places in NYC that will test you for std for free, and it's absolutely anonymous, you are given number, and that is how you are in the system, as a number.  i did go there once decades ago, not that i was worried, but my new GF at the time wanted to be sure, we both went and got tested, no one knew our names. she had no insurance, and it would be quite expensive to do without it.  so if they want to do it anonymously they sure can,

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1