Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Yowies and thylacines in Charlestown

Iilaa'mpuul'xem

Mr Tessier, of The Australian Cryptozoology Research Organisation, has been searching the bushland of the Watagans for four years. His target is the so-called mythical yowie. 

So far he has found no definitive proof, but he has come close, very close.  

On a hot summer day in 2015, Mr Tessier had a somewhat close encounter with a mysterious, tall and hairy creature on the Cessnock side the Watagans National Park. 

“I can’t say for sure, it was quite far away, but it could possibly have been [a yowie],” Mr Tessier said.

Read More... Source 

• Like 3

I believe Bill Flowers will give a very good talk on the likelihood of the thylacine being alive. He's a sensible bloke who knows what he's talking about, like all at the Thylacine Research Unit. I hope the talk will be filmed.

Hey! A thylacine story in the cryptozoology section that I actually like. 

Edited by oldrover
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, oldrover said:

I believe Bill Flowers will give a very good talk on the likelihood of the thylacine being alive. He's a sensible bloke who knows what he's talking about, like all at the Thylacine Research Unit. I hope the talk will be filmed.

Hey! A thylacine story in the cryptozoology section that I actually like. 

I thought this might be of interest to you...  

I had another story that Piney would have been interested in also but it didn't have much substance to it.. (Bigfoot in New Jersey? 7 dozen sasquatch sightings across the Garden State).?? 

• Like 2

I did not know anyone was still hunting these things (thylacines)....Didn't the last one die in a Zoo decades ago?

Thylacine still have the biggest chance to be found because it existed, we have knowledge about it and his relative small size make it suitable to survive in smaller area than a giant ball of fur like the yowie.

8 hours ago, Alien Origins said:

I did not know anyone was still hunting these things (thylacines)....Didn't the last one die in a Zoo decades ago?

Yes, it did. September 1936. But people have been looking from that moment to this. 

7 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

Thylacine still have the biggest chance to be found because it existed, we have knowledge about it and his relative small size make it suitable to survive in smaller area than a giant ball of fur like the yowie.

Mad stuff like the yowie and bigfoot not withstanding, I take the opposite view with the thylacine. It's because we have knowledge about it that we can be so sure that it died out back in the 30's. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

I thought this might be of interest to you...  

I had another story that Piney would have been interested in also but it didn't have much substance to it.. (Bigfoot in New Jersey? 7 dozen sasquatch sightings across the Garden State).?? 

I'd bet that every one of them was in my former file. :tu:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Piney said:

I'd bet that every one of them was in my former file. :tu:

Definitely, but not the new report.. "A husband and wife just finished walking their dog in the Pine Barrens on April 7 when the wife spotted a tall, lanky brown creature dash on two legs behind their car."... That is literally the full account of the sighting? 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

Mr Tessier, of The Australian Cryptozoology Research Organisation, has been searching the bushland of the Watagans for four years. His target is the so-called mythical yowie. 

So far he has found no definitive proof, but he has come close, very close.  

On a hot summer day in 2015, Mr Tessier had a somewhat close encounter with a mysterious, tall and hairy creature on the Cessnock side the Watagans National Park. 

“I can’t say for sure, it was quite far away, but it could possibly have been [a yowie],” Mr Tessier said.

Read More... Source 

Forgive me but I found 'I can't say for sure - could possibly have been' and 'very close to definitive proof' amusingly optimistic :lol:

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1