Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fox News host angrily rebukes AntiWeed cohost

Aquila King

It seems like people just realized there was money to be made.

• Haha 3

Not surprising. A lot of baby boomers are old hippies. They never stopped smokin'.

:unsure2: *pssst* Conservatives smoke pot too. *shhh*

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

The world would be a much better place if it were completely legal and alcohol were not. ;)

Edited by Krater
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Krater said:

The world would be a much better place if it were completely legal and alcohol were not. ;)

Whatever!!

If a female were denied their wine beverage the world would end tomorrow!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

Not surprising. A lot of baby boomers are old hippies. They never stopped smokin'.

:unsure2: *pssst* Conservatives smoke pot too. *shhh*

That doesn't surprise me. What does surprise me is the number of conservatives I know who smoke weed and are against legalization. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Whatever!!

If a female were denied their wine beverage the world would end tomorrow!!

Meh...give 'em a joint and they'll shut up. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

That doesn't surprise me. What does surprise me is the number of conservatives I know who smoke weed and are against legalization. 

I can't imagine why they would be against legalization. What is their reason?

46 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

They grow their own. :ph34r:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Reefer Madness. ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Reefer Madness. ;)

I actually saw that movie for the first time a few days ago and it was lame. When I was in school they showed "Go Ask Alice".

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Varied. There's the, it's a sin and I know it, but I'll do it until I get caught. 

There's the "it's alright, I've got buddies with the cops so it'll be fine." 

There's also the if you legalize it, all those gang bangers will be released. 

There's the fear if it's to easy to get ahold of, then teenagers will rot their brains on the stuff. Cigarettes are fine, and hey they started drinking in their teens of course. 

There's a few who are of the opinion it's fine as long as only the right sort are arrested. And to explain that I'm not sure if I can get around the terms of service. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

Varied. There's the, it's a sin and I know it, but I'll do it until I get caught. 

There's the "it's alright, I've got buddies with the cops so it'll be fine." 

There's also the if you legalize it, all those gang bangers will be released. 

There's the fear if it's to easy to get ahold of, then teenagers will rot their brains on the stuff. Cigarettes are fine, and hey they started drinking in their teens of course. 

There's a few who are of the opinion it's fine as long as only the right sort are arrested. And to explain that I'm not sure if I can get around the terms of service. 

So, they are normal human beings with their own opinions like everyone else?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Michelle said:

So, they are normal human beings with their own opinions like everyone else?

Which was rather my point. Not that pot head conservatives aren't a thing, but that they actively are against their own behavior. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

Which was rather my point. Not that pot head conservatives aren't a thing, but that they actively are against their own behavior. 

Apparently, we've had vastly different experiences with those people.

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

Apparently, we've had vastly different experiences with those people.

Yes, we all have different life experiences which inform our perception of why people behave in a certain manner. I live and work with these people and some of them are family. 

I did forget the tradition response. Shortly, since it was illegal it should stay illegal, despite there being no reason for it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I had hoped you would react differently to my using the term "those people"? It sort of validates how personal it is with the us vs them mentality

• Like 2

Just now, Michelle said:

I had hoped you would react differently to my using the term "those people"? It sort of validates how personal it is with the us vs them mentality

I'm not exactly sure what response you wanted. I'm sorry for disappointing you. 

I think SOME states will start aggressively pushing for legalisation; it's possibly the only way that California could stave off bankruptcy. 

• Like 1

Uh...there are several Libertarians on Fox News. 

Also, Greg Guttfeld (the guy in the video) is a real outrageous character and feigned outrage is one of his favorite things (he wasn't really angry).

Yeah, I do watch the Libertarians on Fox...so shoot me (< feigned outrage).

• The title was changed to Fox News host angrily rebukes AntiWeed cohost
11 hours ago, Aquila King said:

Never thought I'd see the day when a Fox News host defends legalized Marijuana...

That's because the only thing you know about Fox News is what you've been told.

• Like 3

I can only wish that the UK will adopt a similar stance on weed. I prefer it to alcohol 99% of the time and it's far, far less harmful. 

Right now it doesn't look good for us. Hopefully within my lifetime.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I can only wish that the UK will adopt a similar stance on weed. I prefer it to alcohol 99% of the time and it's far, far less harmful. 

Right now it doesn't look good for us. Hopefully within my lifetime.

A big part of legalization is the supporting Science. For a long time it was nigh impossible to study Marijuana at a University level because of "reefer madness" and the stigma around the plant. It's really only been within the last 10 years or so the Gov has loosened the reigns enough to allow serious research. Of course, all they found is exactly what the public had always assumed: Cannabis has an extremely low level of toxicity, does not cause mental illness* and for all intents and purposes is one of the safest drugs on the planet. As an unexpected bonus, the new research revealed incredible medicinal properties in the plant. Hence the "medical marijuana" industry currently booming in Canada and the US. 

We have touched on this before but as time goes on and the research keeps coming in, anyone who still plays the "reefer madness" card is looked at as a fool. And rightly so. 

*Marijuana does not cause mental illness but it can exacerbate symptoms in persons with underlying mental illness.

Edit to add--

I meant to finish with "Legalization seems inevitable, even if it takes another 10 years in some countries. There is simply too much evidence to ignore. Just be patient and spread the word - you'll be growing ganja in the garden before you know it :tu:"

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Dark_Grey That's the thing, I and certainly my government already know all this. They just ignore it. I suspect it is in no small part due to alcohol lobbyists.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if, before the next election, Labour adopt legalisation as a policy, simply to wrestle power back.

Unfortunately I'll never be able to grow it outside here, since the weather sucks, but I've heard hydroponics is all the rage these days.

• Like 1

i do not care if states legalize it,  wont change a thing, it has to be done federally,  entire drug war and civil forfeiture works on "i smell weed" excuse.

• Like 2