Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fox News host angrily rebukes AntiWeed cohost

Aquila King

6 minutes ago, aztek said:

i do not care if states legalize it,  wont change a thing, it has to be done federally,  entire drug war and civil forfeiture works on "i smell weed" excuse.

Reminder that Police invested time and energy in the "Nasal Ranger"

la-police-du-colorado-utilise-un-detecte

"Steve, start the cruiser. I smell hippies."

the Nasal Ranger is mainly being used by officials to determine if, basically, someone is making the public air smell too much like pot.

What a fantastic use of public resources. I'm not sure what's more of a waste of time: driving around with an electronic nose sniffing for pot or standing behind a stop sign with a radar gun trying to catch people driving 5 over the limit. 

• Haha 3

lol, they do not need it to actually smell weed, it's just has more weight in court than "i thought i smelled weed", so this thing will do lying for them, and you can't  contest it. can't say it lied,  same way their lab testing finds weed in pretty much any substance.  

only thing that we really need is a tool that can see if you are impaired,  not that  you have thc in the system, cuz it stays there for much longer than you are high, and poppy seeds test positive for thc, but such tool does not exist.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Michelle said:

I can't imagine why they would be against legalization. What is their reason?

When it came to a vote in my state I voted against legalization because I was afraid of government regulations doing things such as requiring the addition of preservatives, limiting the potency and making it cost prohibitive.  Well it's legal here now despite my best intentions and the fact is you can choose your potency, it's cheaper and there is no call to make it safer with additives.  On top of that it earns the state about $20millon a month in tax revenue, not to mention getting organized crime uninvolved.  The experience here in the state of WA is completely positive.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I can only wish that the UK will adopt a similar stance on weed. I prefer it to alcohol 99% of the time and it's far, far less harmful. 

Right now it doesn't look good for us. Hopefully within my lifetime.

Maybe if a large developed nation like the USA does it and the statistics make it plain that it's advantageous to society to have be decriminalized it will happen sooner than you think.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Maybe if a large developed nation like the USA does it and the statistics make it plain that it's advantageous to society to have be decriminalized it will happen sooner than you think.

I would hope so, considering it was following your lead with the War on Drugs that led to us having such a strict policy against drugs.

• Like 1

Firstly, I think smoking anything is the most disgusting habit there is.  It is the worse thing to come out of the Columbian Exchange.  Needless to say, I don't smoke.  But I can tolerate Marijuana smoke a lot better than cigarette smoke.  Cigarette smoke is too much like being around a burning dump (because that's what's burning).  I don't think Marijuana should have been made illegal in the first place but I really am not for legalizing it.  I would prefer that it is just not made illegal.  Keep it mundane.  I'm all for business doing p*** tests, but sending users to jail for recreational amounts is counter productive.  THC is the psychoactive chemical in Marijuana and can be dangerous.  I've known people that have blown their minds.  It affects people differently.  For some a high is just a high and for others, it's a ruined life.  CBD is the medicinal chemical and you don't have to smoke it to intake into the body.  The most common form is an oil.  It's good for pain and inflammation.

But as far as the tussle between cohosts on "The Five" - yawners.  They do that all the time.  It would have been interesting if Juan Williams was on.  They presented all the points so that the viewers can mull on it.  That's what they do.

here in nyc CBD oil, wax, edibles, vaporizer cartridges, lip blam, pills. sold pretty much in any vape shop, it's legal,  

39 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

I've known people that have blown their minds.

How so?

How do you think it stacks up against alcohol in terms of a dangerous drug? I understand the fact that alcohol being legal isn't a reason to legalize other substances but I'm curious your 2 cents. 

• Like 1

Just now, internetperson said:

I understand the fact that alcohol being legal isn't a reason to legalize other substances ..........

no, but complete inability to stop or even limit flow, huge amount of crimes associated with sale and distribution, are excellent reasons.

however imprisoning tens of thousands of users and making money on them via prison industry, ability to steal peoples money and property because it is  the war on drugs   are excellent reasons to keep it illegal, 

just pick the side you like best. either one you pick drugs will be here regardless

Edited by aztek

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

however imprisoning tens of thousands of users and making money on them via prison industry, ability to steal peoples money and property because it is  the war on drugs   are excellent reasons to keep it illegal,

Yeah if you're a goddamn psychopath. 

• Like 1

Just now, internetperson said:

Yeah if you're a goddamn psychopath. 

or a politician, or stock holder of prison industry stocks, or dea agent. ......etc

Edited by aztek

Yeah, that's what I said.

I hear ya. Isn't this a lobbying issue?

Kinda offtopic but I remember watching a mini-doc about a gal that was raided in Cali and her first concern was for her dog because SWAT (and cops?) will shoot dogs w/o hesitation. If that happened at my place it'd be game over for ol' internetperson because I wouldn't take that very well.

Edited by internetperson
  • Like 1

she is very right to be concerned, they do shot pets for fun.  they also pi$$ ans sht in your house after raid,and i'm not talking about bathroom,  pretty common thing

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, internetperson said:

How so?

How do you think it stacks up against alcohol in terms of a dangerous drug? I understand the fact that alcohol being legal isn't a reason to legalize other substances but I'm curious your 2 cents. 

It's watching them over time (years).  They get this 1000 yard stare.  It's like they have become autistic.  It's hard to engage them.  They had an outgoing personality and after years of smoking, they lose that personality.  That's fried brain cells.

Like all drugs, it's dangerous.  Some people can drink more than others.  We've seen of late where a teen at a frat party binges a bit too much and has gotten alcohol poisoning and died.  That doesn't mean everyone will.  I'm kewl with whatever poison people choose.  Just as long as they follow some basic rules like not driving while under the influence. 

technically it does not fry brain cells, it restricts blood flow to parts of the brain, especially region responsible for decision making, after years of use it is very clearly visible on MRI, but it's reversible. 

7 hours ago, skliss said:

That's because the only thing you know about Fox News is what you've been told.

If you're suggesting that I should waste my time watching a proven propaganda outlet as if it were a legitimate news source before making a judgment on it, think again. It's already been overwhelmingly proven to have propagated lies and half-truths on a regular basis. I need not 'try out' Fox News to know that it's pure propaganda, anymore than I need to try the Russian Kremlin or US mainstream media to know that they're propaganda.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Propaganda? Like CNN, MSNBC, etc? Yeah, they're all full of sh**. Best to avoid all news outlets.

Edited by Krater
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2018 at 3:19 PM, RavenHawk said:

It's watching them over time (years).  They get this 1000 yard stare.  It's like they have become autistic.  It's hard to engage them.  They had an outgoing personality and after years of smoking, they lose that personality.  That's fried brain cells.

Like all drugs, it's dangerous.  Some people can drink more than others.  We've seen of late where a teen at a frat party binges a bit too much and has gotten alcohol poisoning and died.  That doesn't mean everyone will.  I'm kewl with whatever poison people choose.  Just as long as they follow some basic rules like not driving while under the influence. 

In my experience, it's always been a healthy thing to do. Normally, I was the type of person who shakes uncontrollably around people because of a *bad* case of social anxiety. I couldn't even look another person in the eyes without completely freaking out. And, the stress I'd usually get from having to go out into public has caused a lot of pain and suffering in my life. And, my anxiety also brings productivity to a standstill because I have a difficult time dealing with things most people find easy. I couldn't bring myself to talk in school until high school. Once I began smoking weed, my whole life's been turned around for the better. I'm more productive and much (x1,000) less stressed, and have fallen into a regular role in society where I'm not trying to hide away from the world. I have more friends and am more outgoing, too. Stress is a killer. Weed helps.

There are smart ways to lessen the tar intake. My logic is if it's been used medicinally for millennia, I'm not going to let relatively recent 20th-century propaganda get in the way, especially if it helps me.

If fact, some of the most driven, productive, and brightest people I've ever met smoked weed.

However, industrialization of it has always been a concern, much like what @OverSword was on about. So far, though, things have been alright. Florida just legalized medical marijuana, and I've been surprised by the backlash. I used to live in California, and no one seemed to be too opposed then and there. Here, you get Christian organizations who hammer down with lots of propaganda. Thankfully, the pro-legalization brigade has been in high gear, too.

• Like 1

I've been in favor of legalization and massive taxation for years.  

I don't believe there is a good way to accurately test if you are currently under the influence of it.  So it will, and should, remain off limits for many jobs. 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:15 PM, Aquila King said:

Never thought I'd see the day when a Fox News host defends legalized Marijuana...

Man these kinds of videos make my blood boil. That chick actually said it shouldn't be legalized because a cop and an addiction counselor told her it would be bad to legalize it. HOLY HELL BREAKING NEWS people who's livelihoods depend on pot being illegal want it to stay illegal :rolleyes:

Dude was quite right to apologize for the ignorance being displayed by that panel....ugh 

• Like 2