Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Real demons

8th_wall

Jordan B Peterson said something that stuck me.  If 10% of a person is bitter and resentful and you get 10 such individuals together in a room then there's a full blown demon prowling around their midst.  The thought I have is can this literally be the case?  There is nothing that suggests a demon has to be a physical entity.  There are experiences I've had over my life, as a child I literally saw things in the dark at night however I put that down the hypnogogic hallucinations.  However since then, when in the midst of psychotic break down, people appeared to me as zombies walking around.

My recent weariness was spring due to the fact that I find it difficult to conceptualise malevolence, full blown malevolence.  I feel somewhat naive in following my thinking down to their roots regarding good and evil, I know things aren't as simple as that but the archetypical idea is sufficient to illustrate what I mean.

In philosophy Socrates has to say the only good is knowledge and the only evil ignorance, or something along these lines.  It makes sense that we aren't conscious of demons, or have to be ignorance of them however what do you think?  Are there entities we aren't conscious of that drive and influence out actions under group mentality?  So much so that they could eventually possess one of us completely?

Could a thing like this where something like exorcism spawned from?  People literally becoming possessed by demons lurking in the darkest corners of their souls? 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Think of the Abyss as the subconscious. 

Every dark and scary thing we can imagine is in there.

Sometimes, with just the right nudge, those things can manifest. 

They're not real in the same sense as other things are. They're kind of like smoke and easily dissipate.

Now they seem to be a part of us, but that doesn't mean they can't wreck havoc. 

Some people call them demons or archons, some thoughtforms or tulpas, some hypnagogic hallucinations, but they can be experienced by others. 

All I know is that affecting the subconscious affects them, so there is a definite connection. 

The way Crowley described it seems accurate from my experience. 

In the Abyss all things exist, indeed, at least in posse, but are without any possible meaning; for they lack the substratum of spiritual Reality. They are appearances without Law. They are thus Insane Delusions.

Now the Abyss being thus the great storehouse of Phenomena, it is the source of all impressions.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

If you are concerned negative people around you may manifest something, you could easily just do a banishment silently, to yourself.

LBRP works. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

If you are concerned negative people around you may manifest something, you could easily just do a banishment silently, to yourself.

LBRP works. 

So......LBRP works on chainsaw wielding psychopaths? I mean, realistically speaking. Its fine for getting ride of the heeby jeebys.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

So......LBRP works on chainsaw wielding psychopaths? I mean, realistically speaking. Its fine for getting ride of the heeby jeebys.

I must have missed the bit about chainsaw wielding psychopaths.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I must have missed the bit about chainsaw wielding psychopaths.

I'm talking about in reality. The real evil in this world is people. All that magical banishing stuff does is push away or suppress ones inner demons or mask ones perception of others. Its kind of a bandaid.

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I'm talking about in reality. The real evil in this world is people. All that magical banishing stuff does is push away or suppress ones inner demons or mask ones perception of others. Its kind of a bandaid.

I think I just interpreted what PsiSeeker was saying differently.

What I understood was that he felt negativity caused manifestation? possession? something like that. So in a room of 10 people, if there was 10% negativity in every person...there was enough negativity to manifest demonic activity. 

Kind of like a thoughtform issue. 

It sounds like this scares PsiSeeker, and I was giving him something he could do to combat that. 

Something that I know actually works on these kinds of things. 

• Like 2

Guest SpiritMediumDaniel

Demons do not exist. It is a word made up by religion. All they really are is negative energies/ dark energies. They are

people who suck the life out of you. There is a saying for this. We create our own storms, yet cry when it rains all the time. That's who these energies start out as. They continue this throughout the body life only to not cross over into the light and remain an earth bound spirit that continues to latch onto other living bodies to suck their energy. It's a vicious circle

Edited by SpiritMediumDaniel

You think "demons" are scary? You should see what just people do to each other on a nightly basis. You wouldn't be worried bout demons...

• Like 5

Guest SpiritMediumDaniel

i don't think they are scary. Only those who live in a world of fear would have that issue

11 minutes ago, SpiritMediumDaniel said:

i don't think they are scary. Only those who live in a world of fear would have that issue

That little bubble of magical thinking must protect you from the real world.

• Haha 2

Guest SpiritMediumDaniel

Nothing magical about it. But i am more protected than you know. My guides protect me from all negative energies. I can walk into a so called haunted house without ever having to worry about an energy attacking me or coming home with me. I am untouchable

Guest SpiritMediumDaniel

Yes, one of those who you continue to not understand, nor have the capacity to do so. 

9 minutes ago, SpiritMediumDaniel said:

Yes, one of those who you continue to not understand, nor have the capacity to do so. 

Please:rolleyes:. I used to be almost just like you. Then reality came knocking and broke me out of that mindset. To me you're like looking into my past. I don't know if I should hang my head in shame or be glad I grew up. 

I guess you have trouble with reading comprehension. If you re-read what I wrote you'll see your error. And I'm glad I will never be in the same boat as you again. That kind of mindset is extremely flawed. 

Guest SpiritMediumDaniel

i do not have trouble seeing your in-discrepancies. You can not comprehend something of which you do not understand nor will you. It is only flawed to those like yourself living in an ego driven world

5 minutes ago, SpiritMediumDaniel said:

i do not have trouble seeing your in-discrepancies. You can not comprehend something of which you do not understand nor will you. It is only flawed to those like yourself living in an ego driven world

That's the funny thing, you don't know me. I've done the occult rounds. 

• Like 1

You do have an obvious superiority complex. I just wanted to point that out. The whole 'in the know' you keep talking about is a big sign.

• Thanks 1

A superiority complex and also arrogant. Perfect match you have there Dan. Good luck with it.

• Thanks 1