Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lost rings - please help

Josie F

Hello

This is my first time here and I am hoping somebody can help me. I lost four of my rings, which I know sounds a lot but I used to wear them all the time. I wore my engagement ring, wedding ring and eternity ring on my left hand and I also had another ring that my husband bought me when we first got together on my right hand. Back at the end of last summer is when I lost them and the last thing I remember is taking them off because I washed my hands and placing them somewhere and don’t remember what happened to them after that. I have completely ransacked the house ever since checking every nook and cranny I can think of that but to no avail. I wasn’t worried too much in the beginning because I just assumed they would show up in an unlikely place at some point but as time has gone on I am getting more and more anxious and upset obviously as these are very sentimental and precious to me. My engagement ring is a single round diamond on a platinum band, the wedding ring is just a plain platinum band and the eternity ring is a platinum band half filled with diamonds. The fourth ring is a bit more distinguishable, it is made up of yellow, white, and rose gold bands intertwined and set with six diamonds although one of the diamonds has fallen out so there are only five. I have attached photos below as this may help. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

7DA33864-C8C0-4B1A-86D5-3C9F6C19A91E.jpeg

8C79AE46-E0DC-4C0B-B4D9-03861D5BCBC1.jpeg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Josie F

• The_Sensual_One

• Lilly

• moonman

Gosh...and I hate to say this...but have you considered that someone with access to your home might have stolen the rings? It's at least worth considering. When people get themselves into problems financially or with substance abuse they can often do things out of desperation. A good friend of mine had some jewelry come up missing and it turned out that her teen aged daughter's friend had taken the items. 

Good luck in your search, it's also possible that the rings simply fell into someplace where they are not visible. 

I  don’t think that has happened to be honest as the only people in the house are myself, my husband and my three young children so no one likely to steal them for financial gain! But I do appreciate you asking that as I obviously could be a possibility for some people. My husband is just as distraught as I am as he bought me all of the rings so I can honestly say I doubt very much that he would have taken them. I’m fully aware that maybe one of my children took them to play with them as kids do and have hidden them somewhere and I have asked them all at the time and plenty of times afterwards but as it stands no one has admitted anything! Although that could just be clutching at straws and none of them even touch them!!  I’m  just wondering if anyone has a sense of where they may be i.e. a particular room in the house, what is around them etc 

Thank you 

This was checked at the time and not there. I have a vague recollection that I didn’t take them off at the sink and they were taken off before that. 

Check all the furniture again, especially any gray recliners

Thank you for your reply GoldenSelf, I rechecked all the furniture again and although I haven’t got a grey recliner I do have a grey sofa bed so thoroughly checked that too but I didn’t find them  Feeling so sad :-(

• 3 weeks later...

Do you by any chance have a brown dog? 

Okay, I'm seeing a beige looking small box. You put them in a small box. The box was on the dresser but was moved out of location... I see trash moving. Box was mistaken for trash. You were throwing things away that day due to cleaning up. It's not in your home. 

Ok so if you don’t see it in my house and it’s gone out with the rubbish does that mean it’s gone forever?