Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
petermattson

Freeman/Bible Murders Solved

4 posts in this topic

petermattson

I couldn't find this as a topic on U-M but I'm sure some of you in the True Crime forum are aware of this case. I'm glad it's finally been solved.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/years-later-finally-answers-how-investigators-solved-the-murders-of/article_b848a994-ef09-50df-83c6-7193ee3e928a.html

• Like 1

petermattson

From the link above:

"VINITA — Eighteen years after two teenagers from Welch disappeared, police have arrested one of three men they say tortured and held the girls for days before strangling them to death.

The killers bragged that the bodies of Ashley Freeman and Lauria Bible, both 16, are “in a pit in Picher,” according to an affidavit released at a news conference Monday.

Ronnie Dean Busick, 66, of Wichita, Kansas, faces a host of charges in the 1999 deaths of the girls and Freeman’s parents, Kathy and Danny Freeman. He is in custody at the Harvey County, Kansas, jail.

Two other suspects — Warren Philip Welch II, 61, and David A. Pennington, 56 — are now dead. Welch died in 2007; Pennington died in 2015."

• Like 1

susieice

I remember the facts of the case. The thread we had for it is probably buried pages back. Couldn't find it in a search. The part about the girl's car and purse being found at the scene of a burned out trailer triggered my memory. It's is good to hear the case was solved. At least one will face justice for what they did.

• Like 1

timewarrior

More good news.