Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
lizzymidford

Idaho's "Cloaked Dogmen"

9 posts in this topic

lizzymidford

I really love the paranormal, cryptids, etc, I always crave adventure and love it when things like this happen, but I certainly didn't expect for it to really happen. I figured I'd share my story and maybe some others have similar experiences to tell! 

I was with two family members who I will call A and B to keep their identities as secret as possible. A is the driver and B is in the passenger seat next to me. We were cryptid hunting, we're always out looking for haunted places and places where anything unusual is likely to happen. We stumbled upon a place near-by that said it had "Cloaked Dogmen." None of us had any idea what this meant, I've certainly never heard of them before, but we were intrigued, so we exploring! It's around 11 or 12 at night once we get there. We drive up through this already heavy-feeling neighborhood, all the way up to the top of the mountain it was settled on, where the sightings were. Once we got up there, we realized our real destination was actually up a path on the hill. I really wanted to get out and go up the path because I absolutely crave adventure and I'm super reckless, but both of them said it wasn't a good idea so we didn't end up doing it. We did though go to a cemetery near by the path and drive around. We slowly drove around with the windows open, listening for anything that might be there while I took a video for audio (taking a video is easier because then if I need to send it, I can. I don't know how to send audio). The entire time we drove around as silently as possible, we all heard foot steps behind the car, like a dog walking behind us and tapping on the car. At one point I recorded what sounded like growling and I knew it wasn't me because shortly before the growling, I was speaking in the video and my voice sounded closer to the phone when the growling sounded like it was farther away, I think right out the window. After a little bit, we decided to leave, we had fun and it was getting pretty late! At some point on the trip, I don't remember when, (probably before going into the cemetery or right after leaving it) I decided I wanted to take a picture of the cemetery from the outside for aesthetics.

A drove close to it, enough for me to catch a photo. As I examined the photo later I soon discovered that a weird, translucent shadow appeared in the photo that was as tall as the trees, taller than the graveyard's walls. It could have been a tree itself, but I don't think so. A translucent shadow in the shape of a giant.. entity of some sort, that literally looked cloaked, looked as if it was either sitting on top of the wall or was taller than it. It didn't have leaves, it just looked like a translucent shadow, you could see the pitch black darkness behind it like it was a grey cloud. I could have sworn the multiple photos I took showed the shadow moving, but I can't say for sure. I've also lost the photos... so I don't know if I'll ever know. The last bit of what happened is the best part of it. Once we were getting ready to leave, we for the last time tried to see if we could catch anything. We even turned the car off, but that was probably a mistake. Suddenly we could feel the car moving backwards, but you could feel the sensation of something pulling on it. A shoved the keys into the ignition, the car didn't start, but the second time it did and he sped out of there. Even when the car was on and A tried to go, you could still feel something pulling it backwards. We haven't returned since, but I hope to again. It was scary, but thrilling and I truly believe in the Cloaked Dogmen after that.

Piney

Are you near a First Nation reservation?

~Onyx~

If you don't mind me asking(cause I'm gonna), where in Idaho was this?

AstralHorus

Idk about any dogmen but I do know that the Canadian grey wolf was introduced into the USA after nearly wiped out the native wolves. 

The Canadian wolf is much bigger, and is probably mating with coyotes to give off weird off spring. I think the dogmen sightings comes from people seeing the Canadian grey wolf or its offspring.

• Like 2

Tatetopa
On 4/26/2018 at 9:30 PM, lizzymidford said:

I absolutely crave adventure and I'm super reckless,

I congratulate you on what might be an exciting but short life.

• Like 1

lizzymidford
On 4/27/2018 at 3:44 AM, Piney said:

I do not know, but I'm asking tomorrow where exactly we were so I'll check!

On 4/28/2018 at 5:55 AM, ~Onyx~ said:

I'm pretty sure it was Boise or at least near there, but I'm gonna ask for sure tomorrow!

8 hours ago, AstralHorus said:

Idk about any dogmen but I do know that the Canadian grey wolf was introduced into the USA after nearly wiped out the native wolves. 

The Canadian wolf is much bigger, and is probably mating with coyotes to give off weird off spring. I think the dogmen sightings comes from people seeing the Canadian grey wolf or its offspring.

That's really interesting!! Whatever this was though looked like a humanoidish giant wolf in a cloak, so I don't think it's an actual wolf!

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

HAH, THANK YOU

• Like 1

AstralHorus
20 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

This is something I never considered running out as a youngster, chasing waterfalls. Only after a few short calls, but hey, thats youth.

Careful chasing legends as you don't become part of it.

• Like 2

lizzymidford
On 4/27/2018 at 3:44 AM, Piney said:

On 4/28/2018 at 5:55 AM, ~Onyx~ said:

I messed up on the place! The people I lived with had moved to Utah for a short while, but have lived in Idaho most of their lives I had thought that this had happened in Idaho. It actually happened in Kaysville Utah, at Kaysville Cemetery!

12 minutes ago, AstralHorus said:

This is something I never considered running out as a youngster, chasing waterfalls. Only after a few short calls, but hey, thats youth.

Careful chasing legends as you don't become part of it.

That's a really good saying, "Careful chasing legends as you don't want to become a part of it." Thank you!

• Like 1

rashore
On 5/4/2018 at 6:51 PM, lizzymidford said:

I messed up on the place! The people I lived with had moved to Utah for a short while, but have lived in Idaho most of their lives I had thought that this had happened in Idaho. It actually happened in Kaysville Utah, at Kaysville Cemetery!

That's a really good saying, "Careful chasing legends as you don't want to become a part of it." Thank you!

I'm sorry lizzy.. but Kaysville Cemetery has hours of 6 AM to 10PM. Your trip out there at 11-12 at night was actually considered during restricted hours, and was not legal. You had a bit of luck that no one called the cops on you or a cop didn't catch you and give you a ticket.

Discussing illegal activity like this is against the forum rules. As such, thread closed.

• Like 2