Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Infinity War

OverSword

Just saw the movie. Without spoiling anything the end of the movie was met with thunderous silence except for the sound of sobbing children which is how all the adults felt too. Whoever authorized the ending of this movie should be fired. I feel dead inside.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

My son told me about it.  

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

What are we talking about? :unsure:

New Avengers movie ending.

Apparently, it wasn't good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

I can't believe how mad I am right now.

Don't worry dude.

Spoiler

Unless you're a hardcore Marvel fanboy or are just somehow 'in the know' like me, you'd know that the majority of deaths (if not quite possibly all of them) are gonna be reversed in the next Avengers movie. They aren't permanent. Most fans of the comics know this, but the general audience doesn't, therefore they're grieving their hearts out over all these major character deaths.

I'm not sure how exactly they'll bring them back though. My theory revolves around somehow reversing the effects of the infinity gauntlet, thereby bringing back those who died from being turned to dust. So yeah, those who died more natural deaths might be permanently lost. But I'm not sure.

Anyway, I can guarantee you with almost 100% certainty that most character deaths in this film are not permanent. Of course, one could argue that it's poor writing for character deaths not to be permanent, but they're really just going off the source material here. From what I've read, about 90% of Infinity War is ripped exactly from at least somewhere in the comics to a tee. So if they did so with this movie, they'll most likely do so in the next one. They'll bring back a significant portion of the characters. I promise.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

It was undoubtedly sad, but people need to remember this is part 1 of a 2 parter. Things will turn around in the next film.

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

Ah. What I gather from what AK said, it not an "ending", it's a :new beginning" (and another way to suck $15 out of you to see the happy ending you originally wanted to see).

Hollywood really sucks these days. It might have well been just be a "dream sequence" out of some cheesy soap opera.

• Like 5

Thanks for reminding me why I don't do movies anymore except on RARE occasions and only then when I don't recognize any of the actors being overtly political.  Screw the ones who think they're owed something after they bombard us with their politics.  Or, as a meme once reminded... DANCE, MONKEY, DANCE!  :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, and then said:

"only"

I meant to say "even" then, I don't recognize any of the overtly political actors.

1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

Ah. What I gather from what AK said, it not an "ending", it's a :new beginning" (and another way to suck $15 out of you to see the happy ending you originally wanted to see).

Hollywood really sucks these days. It might have well been just be a "dream sequence" out of some cheesy soap opera.

Spoiler

I think the real reason why it ended with so many character deaths was simply because it's hard as hell to write a movie around SO MANY main characters, so that way the next movie can focus on just a select few characters to develop rather than dozens.

That's the more logistical take on it though, apart from them doing it simply for shock value.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aquila King said:

Don't worry dude.

Reveal hidden contents

Unless you're a hardcore Marvel fanboy or are just somehow 'in the know' like me, you'd know that the majority of deaths (if not quite possibly all of them) are gonna be reversed in the next Avengers movie. They aren't permanent. Most fans of the comics know this, but the general audience doesn't, therefore they're grieving their hearts out over all these major character deaths.

I'm not sure how exactly they'll bring them back though. My theory revolves around somehow reversing the effects of the infinity gauntlet, thereby bringing back those who died from being turned to dust. So yeah, those who died more natural deaths might be permanently lost. But I'm not sure.

Anyway, I can guarantee you with almost 100% certainty that most character deaths in this film are not permanent. Of course, one could argue that it's poor writing for character deaths not to be permanent, but they're really just going off the source material here. From what I've read, about 90% of Infinity War is ripped exactly from at least somewhere in the comics to a tee. So if they did so with this movie, they'll most likely do so in the next one. They'll bring back a significant portion of the characters. I promise.

Oh I know, the entire basic plot was written when I was a kid and the Easter egg teaser after the credits confirmed that's the direction they're going but to walk out of a movie depressed and angry is no way to walk out of a movie. And the little kids sitting in front of me have no way of knowing what's up. When the movie ended those little boys were struggling not to cry and who knows how long it will be before this plot is resolved? If you're a kid a year or two is a long time.  This film was a letdown 

• Like 2

@OverSword

Spoiler

Btw, I forgot to mention that we know as a fact that Marvel is planning a Spiderman and Black Panther sequel coming up, so we know as a fact that those characters aren't permanently gone.

Though it is still an emotionally strong moment watching them die like they did nonetheless... :hmm:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Oh I know, the entire basic plot was written when I was a kid and the Easter egg teaser after the credits confirmed that's the direction they're going but to walk out of a movie depressed and angry is no way to walk out of a movie. And the little kids sitting in front of me have no way of knowing what's up. When the movie ended those little boys were struggling not to cry and who knows how long it will be before this plot is resolved? If you're a kid a year or two is a long time.  This film was a letdown 

I totally understand the feeling.

Spoiler

Usually when you do a first-parter where the villain wins, the heroes at least gain some sort of positive takeaway from it. Maybe damage the villain or thwart a portion of their plan or something. But to just straight-up let the villain win it all is a bold ass move.

I feel for the kids who wouldn't know the future of the MCU going forward...

Edited by Aquila King
Should've probably put some of that info in spoilers. Oops.

3 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

@OverSword

Reveal hidden contents

Btw, I forgot to mention that we know as a fact that Marvel is planning a Spiderman and Black Panther sequel coming up, so we know as a fact that those characters aren't permanently gone.

Though it is still an emotionally strong moment watching them die like they did nonetheless... :hmm:

Spoiler

It actually may be resolved in the Captain Marvel movie 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:
  Hide contents

It actually may be resolved in the Captain Marvel movie 

Spoiler

It very well could be. Though honestly I kinda hope not. I've got a feeling that some people skip over a lot of the side movies and go straight to the Avengers films, and I'd be willing to bet that more will do that after the ending of this film.

42 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Does Doctor Strange survive?

Because I think that guy could magic up something?

Spoiler

Sadly no.

(given that you're asking, I'll just assume you want to know how so I won't worry about spoiling it for you, though if you don't want to know that then stop reading here)

He died by means of Thanos snapping his fingers with the fully formed infinity gauntlet, which then wiped out half the population of the entire universe at random. He basically vaporized.

However an interesting tidbit about Strange: He used his Infinity Stone (before Thanos obtained it) to look into the future and saw the singular possible scenario out of literally millions where they were victorious, and just before he died he said to Stark "It has to be this way" which implies that things are going according to plan.

Good news is, I'm willing to bet that he'll return somehow. Along with the others who were turned to dust from Thanos snapping his fingers. (Yes, he's that frickin' powerful in the end. Dear lord.)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aquila King said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Sadly no.

(given that you're asking, I'll just assume you want to know how so I won't worry about spoiling it for you, though if you don't want to know that then stop reading here)

He died by means of Thanos snapping his fingers with the fully formed infinity gauntlet, which then wiped out half the population of the entire universe at random. He basically vaporized.

However an interesting tidbit about Strange: He used his Infinity Stone (before Thanos obtained it) to look into the future and saw the singular possible scenario out of literally millions where they were victorious, and just before he died he said to Stark "It has to be this way" which implies that things are going according to plan.

Good news is, I'm willing to bet that he'll return somehow. Along with the others who were turned to dust from Thanos snapping his fingers. (Yes, he's that frickin' powerful in the end. Dear lord.)

Cheers if I am forwarned I am ok.

Pretty sure I can see the angle it is taking.

It breaks my heart to think that Groot and Rocket may be gone.

4 hours ago, Kismit said:

It breaks my heart to think that Groot and Rocket may be gone.

I don't know if this is what's being discussed here with the ending of Infinity War, but can we keep plot stuff to spoilers for those of us that haven't seen it...

15 hours ago, OverSword said:

Just saw the movie. Without spoiling anything the end of the movie was met with thunderous silence except for the sound of sobbing children which is how all the adults felt too. Whoever authorized the ending of this movie should be fired. I feel dead inside.

Spoiler

I wouldn't worry too much about those who died at the end. Black Panther, Spiderman and others all have movies planned.

You should be worried about those who lived. They are the ones (some of them, at least) who will likely die in the next film, trying to reverse what happened. And few, if any, of them have movies planned.

And make no mistake, to make way for the next phase of heroes like like Captain Marvel, Stark, Cap and others will definitely be killed off.

Hopefully that should make you a bit happier.

Aw, Aquila beat me to it. Minus the prediction about Cap and Stark.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, LV-426 said:

I don't know if this is what's being discussed here with the ending of Infinity War, but can we keep plot stuff to spoilers for those of us that haven't seen it...

Sorry. I was just guessing.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Sorry. I was just guessing.

No worries, if it's just guesswork :)

I should probably know better than to read these threads anyway, after a certain incident with Jon Snow and Game of Thrones a few years back :lol:

• Haha 1

Or maybe the Producers were trying to skip that plot pothole that came with the illogically convenient collective movie world amnesia in regards to Superman and Clark Kent ... everybody knew who he was but after he saves the world, everybody just forgot who he is ...

~

Why Adam Warlock Was Cut from Avengers: Infinity War Explained by ...

4 days ago - "We didn't introduce Adam Warlock, because it's a massive backbend and you practically have to make an Adam Warlock movie to introduce him. He just can't walk onscreen. So, there was a brief moment where we were like, Ehhh..., and then we were like- (He points to the movie's poster). We have that ...

~

5 days ago - Avengers: Infinity War screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely have explained that including Adam Warlock in the movie would been “a massive backbend,” requiring a whole other movie just to introduce the character first. There has long been speculation about the character making an ...

~

4 hours ago, LV-426 said:

No worries, if it's just guesswork :)

I should probably know better than to read these threads anyway, after a certain incident with Jon Snow and Game of Thrones a few years back :lol:

The new Lost in Space TV show totally spoiled the ending of Moby Dick for me. Was really looking forward to reading it.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Haha 1