Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Loch Ness Monster is REAL:

Commander CMG

22 minutes ago, MOSUGOJI said:

I tend to favor the giant eunuch eel theory. There are many descriptions of the creature having an eel like appearance to the head and eyes. There are also descriptions of witnesses feeling a sense of revulsion and fear upon getting a closer look at the creature. They would tend to burrow into the thick muck at the loch bottom. Reports of large fat bodies eels have come from divers in the loch and the river Ness and the flood gate tenders that equalize the water level for entering and exiting ships. I think that the large fat bodied eels have also been reported in other loch in Scotland and Ireland. I tend to think to think that this would also explain a number of lake monster sightings in the other  cold water lakes on the same latitude around the world. Plesiosaurs are wishful thinking as lake monsters but I wouldn't discount surviving seagoing prehistoric creatures that survived and evolved until today. The oceans are a possibility for all manner of undiscovered creatures since they are so immense. Who knows? Maybe there is a yet undiscovered marianas trench or more in the ocean,maybe some deeper or cavernous.

That's very interesting Mosugoji. Do you have any links for the reports by the divers and lock-keepers ? 

3 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

That's very interesting Mosugoji. Do you have any links for the reports by the divers and lock-keepers ? 

I did at one time on an older computer that had the audacity to have a hard drive die. I'll see if I can find them again. But if Nessie is a gigantic Eel  I could see the British government covering it up because ...well they just love jellied eel in England. And imagine how much a 2 or 3 ton eel would go for in their fishing markets.  I've never had eel before so I have no idea how it tastes. Some people say it has a stronger fishy/lake-ish taste like alot of freshwater fish do. I'll stick to mild whitefish. In fact I was supposed to have my monk fish today but the sea food dept. at my grocery store screwed up and forgot to order it! Monkfish is fantastic BTW. I really recommend it. 

• Like 2

http://lochnessmystery.blogspot.com/2011/08/is-nessie-giant-eel.html

http://lochnessmystery.blogspot.com/2011/08/is-nessie-giant-eel.htmlhttps://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2662780/loch-ness-monster-eel-theory/

There's a couple for you. I'm trying to find the 10ft long thick bodied eels that the water bailiffs reported in the river Ness and the sea locks that lead into loch ness. There are also reports of hard hat salvage divers being harassed by eels that size. One refused to ever enter the loch again. Eels can to alot of damage with one bite as this idiot diver found out by teasing a moray eel.    

• Like 1

I personally think it's either an eel or an oarfish, but at this this point, i don't think anything less than a carcass would appease the true believer. I guess a "monster" is just too sexy a topic to let go of.

Intriguing. 

Would these be salt-water or fresh-water eels ? 

Why have non ever been discovered at the Fort Augustus locks ? (that link Loch Ness to Loch Oich, and ultimately Fort William and the western sea locks ? )

7 hours ago, MOSUGOJI said:

I did at one time on an older computer that had the audacity to have a hard drive die. I'll see if I can find them again. But if Nessie is a gigantic Eel  I could see the British government covering it up because ...well they just love jellied eel in England. And imagine how much a 2 or 3 ton eel would go for in their fishing markets.  I've never had eel before so I have no idea how it tastes. Some people say it has a stronger fishy/lake-ish taste like alot of freshwater fish do. I'll stick to mild whitefish. In fact I was supposed to have my monk fish today but the sea food dept. at my grocery store screwed up and forgot to order it! Monkfish is fantastic BTW. I really recommend it. 

It's very nice, but it's not as nice as conger eel, that's gorgeous that is. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Intriguing. 

Would these be salt-water or fresh-water eels ? 

Why have non ever been discovered at the Fort Augustus locks ? (that link Loch Ness to Loch Oich, and ultimately Fort William and the western sea locks ? )

Oarfish and moray eels are saltwater creatures. Big freshwater eels rarely reach even 10 feet in length much less the 30 feet that the monster is said to measure.

Why is it every time I post in a loch ness monster thread & put forward the FACT that Greenland & Basking sharks frequent these waters- Ya know== mystery solved.
Yet no one takes any notice!?

Why is this? Just wondering.........

27 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

Why is it every time I post in a loch ness monster thread & put forward the FACT that Greenland & Basking sharks frequent these waters- Ya know== mystery solved.

Probably because it's about as possible has nessie being a Plesiosaur? 

4 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUizJkymQYc

case rested on my part= you can carry on if you want.. have fun

WOW... you win..

How many locks, swing bridges narrow waterways does s sark have to navigate to get into loch ness, most sharks cannot live in freshwater for sustained periods of time and therefore it would have to travel too and from the ocean... Why do you have to respond with such aggression, like this is an argument or something to be proved..

How many Greenland or Basking sharks have been proved and documented in the Loch?

Just because it was a pheory on a tv program doesn't make this real..

27 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

I woukdn't rest it there, it's pretty precariously balanced.

As far as I recall the River Monsters programme didn't suggest that there were or had been any sharks in the loch, rather that Scandanavian traditions had influenced the story. There has never been a shark documented from Loch Ness. Not one. It was as Lillaa'mpuul'exam (I hope I pronounced that right) said an idea discussed on a TV programme, there is no evidence to support it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, oldrover said:

As far as I recall the River Monsters programme didn't suggest that there were or had been any sharks in the loch, rather that Scandanavian traditions had influenced the story. There has never been a shark documented from Loch Ness. Not one. It was as Lillaa'mpuul'exam (I hope I pronounced that right) said an idea discussed on a TV programme, there is no evidence to support it.

fair enough

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, oldrover said:

You spelt my name wrong, You made it look like an "alphabetical train wreck" lol... 

I watched the River Monster program more than once and you are absolutely correct it was based on his best options for Nessie, and he opted for the shark..

Nessie exists without doubt, witnesses are seeing something, more often than not, its a wake from boat, water birds, otters, seals, eels..however has soon as someone sees something, they have already convinced themselves that its a long neck plessie, thanks to the legend.. Just the same as the individual at the beach being touched by sea weed while swimming, to them its a shark lol   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

I thought the Loch had no tributary to the ocean...

9 minutes ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

You spelt my name wrong, You made it look like an "alphabetical train wreck" lol... 

I watched the River Monster program more than once and you are absolutely correct it was based on his best options for Nessie, and he opted for the shark..

Nessie exists without doubt, witnesses are seeing something, more often than not, its a wake from boat, water birds, otters, seals, eels..however has soon as someone sees something, they have already convinced themselves that its a long neck plessie, thanks to the legend.. Just the same as the individual at the beach being touched by sea weed while swimming, to them its a shark lol   

Sorry. 

I used to get the seaweed-shark fear, but I managed to get a grip. Till I got bitten by a shark, twice, by two seperate sharks. 

I could explain that claim, which isperfectly true, but it'd spoil it. 

• Haha 2

Twice.... hell no. I swam with a few, actually I didn't, I saw a few while diving.. My worst fear, "not knowing what is below me".Had a few trips on various vessels in my past life and I always had an escape plan. Swam across rivers with Caman in South America, i could hear my heart beat and had exaggerated breathing, thinking there was a big one coming at me from below, while holding a knife in both hands lol...

Billy connolly told a great joke about sharks and how Jaws changed his feeling on snorkeling lol 

I did a helicopter trip over seal island South Africa, the amount of sharks just circling it was terrifying..  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alien Origins said:

I thought the Loch had no tributary to the ocean...

The canal system - and the three (four ? ) lochs - are connected to the ocean on both the east and west coasts. (that is its entire purpose). However, it does so via a series of locks... it is not "free flow". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

The canal system - and the three (four ? ) lochs - are connected to the ocean on both the east and west coasts. (that is its entire purpose). However, it does so via a series of locks... it is not "free flow". 

Thanks...I did not know that. I always thought it was locked in so to speak.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

Twice.... hell no. I swam with a few, actually I didn't, I saw a few while diving.. My worst fear, "not knowing what is below me".Had a few trips on various vessels in my past life and I always had an escape plan. Swam across rivers with Caman in South America, i could hear my heart beat and had exaggerated breathing, thinking there was a big one coming at me from below, while holding a knife in both hands lol...

Billy connolly told a great joke about sharks and how Jaws changed his feeling on snorkeling lol 

I did a helicopter trip over seal island South Africa, the amount of sharks just circling it was terrifying..  

I must admit, they weren't very big sharks, and I did have the home advantage. But yes, what's beneath is it exactly. That's the crux of the atter.

Jaws has a lot to answer for.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dejarma said:

I have to go with the majority here and say the chances of that being what people are seeing is very, very small.  That said, I agree that people are seeing something, (trees, sturgeons etc) but definitely not a 30' fresh water fish (not a reptile or mammal as it isn't on the surface enough).

Edited by Merc14

12 hours ago, Merc14 said:

I have to go with the majority here and say the chances of that being what people are seeing is very, very small.  That said, I agree that people are seeing something, (trees, sturgeons etc) but definitely not a 30' fresh water fish (not a reptile or mammal as it isn't on the surface enough).

yep, i agree

For there to be a big creature, there would have to be a breeding population. Not just one. Also most aquatic dinosaurs breathed air, so they would be popping up all over the place to grab some air, just like whales. Other than that, it would be a fish, with gills.

8 hours ago, Barkinghorse said:

For there to be a big creature, there would have to be a breeding population. Not just one. Also most aquatic dinosaurs breathed air, so they would be popping up all over the place to grab some air, just like whales. Other than that, it would be a fish, with gills.

*shudder*

For the infinitieth time, plesiosaurs are not dinosaurs.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

*shudder*

For the infinitieth time, plesiosaurs are not dinosaurs.

They have the "saurs" thats good enough for me, and they used to breathe AIR

• Confused 2