Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Ghost' flies at camera in medieval graveyard

UM-Bot

Intesting, with background story and all it’s a good chance of a paranormal capture.

I hope my appraisal is not too stunning. Although I doubt this video will end all debate for once and for all.

• Like 1

That was interesting and not plainly a cloud of cigarette smoke :)

• Like 1

Instead of vapor or smoke, it looked to me more like a dim light beam, swept quickly over the ground, and at least one gravestone. Perhaps it was from a passerby with a flashlight, curious about what someone was doing in the cemetery at night, or even a passing car's headlight, if there is a road nearby.  

• Like 1

So ghosts don't look like people at all?  Just proving nearly every other "ghost" picture to be a hoax :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Essan said:

So ghosts don't look like people at all?  Just proving nearly every other "ghost" picture to be a hoax :D

When I see them I am working, as in a trance or astrally. They look like anyone else, full color people. I have never done anything with a camera like this, but I have seen white things, forms, figures. What those really are I have no honest idea.

I just like this effect as seeming more ghosty than the usual cloud of cigarette smoke they usually sport.

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to the day when I watch a video claiming to feature paranormal activities and don't ask, "Is that it?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

How is this mist a "ghost"???

Water vapor can cling to pollen in groups.

I would bet the wind was gently breezing in the exact direction of the "ghost" movement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The problem with this type of sighting is they don't see the encounter until they see the footage...

if they see the ghost and film it it would be more of a story. More so if you can replicate it on site !

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 1

Yes, interesting, but I'd like to know a bit more and see the original footage rather than the usual youtube re-compressed version.

A couple of things I noticed:

- seems just a tad coincidental that the mist appears during the only time when the camera is held still - where's the footage before and after?

- the description doesn't include whether there was a breeze or not, which is rather important info..

- I'd like to know what mode the camera was in, and what type of camera.

- I'd also like to know where the light (IR LED?) was mounted, as the lighting of the 'mist' seems to be unaffected by it and it did not seem to throw a shadow...

- the mist, apart from the other good suggestions above, could even be a swarm of very tiny insects, way out of focus and very close to the lens.

Given this is now 'owned' by a money-making firm, I'd guess that we won't get any further information - they will be quite happy with all the ad and usage revenue they get, and disinterested in the truth.  If I was a genuine p-n investigator, money would not be my first motive and I would make the footage freely available.  If that isn't done then there will always be the suspicion that the effect was simply added to the footage - there's no way we can check for that via the Youtube version..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

To paraphrase a trick question...

Sally has 3 sticks,

- Randy has two sticks.

- How many oranges does Pete have?

Correct answer: Not enough information. 

• Like 3

I've experienced proof few times so not wanting to be a "debunker". However, there is a road in background, lights, as the camera is turned, the distant trees or whatever also light up. Soooo, likely a light briefly shown in that direction and off those trees, and/or the turning of camera caused the iris to adjust and/or caused a light reflection also on lens surface, which seems somewhat similar to lit up background.

• Like 1

Pause video at the 11 second mark and scroll through frames. There is one frame with very identifiable facial features. In perfect

alignment with the outstretched arms. 

21 minutes ago, ligtspahd said:

Pause video at the 11 second mark and scroll through frames. There is one frame with very identifiable facial features. In perfect

alignment with the outstretched arms. 

Those facial features are also there before and after the appearance and disappearance of the mist.  They are leaves hanging from a tree.

• Like 2

"But a few people got in touch to tell me they were concerned about their loved ones who are buried there

Every time they went they could feel this negative presence

Does this mean that they only visit their loved one at night time? ....hence why he decided to go there at night. 

Another pretty rubbish footish by an "investigator" misty on the left and limited viewing.

As mentioned, where is the after footage,  no turning the camera round to follow the 'mist'?  Bad bad investigator!!!

Looks like he heard a car  hence why we have added music, he turned round and picked up as the lights pass in the distance,  note the light passes both sides of him and top right where 'mist' passes you can see in the distance..another 'mist' which looks like the distant lights of another car.

I just do not get why he did not follow the 'mist'...he was there to investigate ffs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've put this through Adobe Premiere (video editing software) so I can take a closer look at it. 

My first feeling is that it is a lens-flare effect. 

• Like 3

Hard to say what it is. Some sort of mist, maybe a ghost maybe not. And why would you visit your loved ones at night? When i take flowers to my dead parents at their cemetary, it's always in day light. Have been a couple of times after work,but even then there is plenty of light since i get out at 4:30PM, and it's about 20 miles away. Besides it's a national cemetary for military personnel and their families, and it has gates.I assume they close them when it turns dark. When they were redoing the front of Fort Sam Houston Nat. Cemetary, you had to go and turn to the left ,go done a short ways and then turn to the right. They have a guard house with a MP there. Never had to check in with the man, since i could go directly to see momma and daddy. But with this being on an Army base and having armed guards around, I'm sure tey would notice if strange people were wandering around. Recall my dad talking about Union Cemetary in Milwaukee. One night he and a friend were walking past it, and my dad saw a ball of light moving around the place. At first he thought it was the care taker, but something about the way it was moving was strange. He later mentioned it to grandma. Well she spoke to the old german caretaker. He told her that he too had seen ghost lights in the place. It wasn't trespassers, but strange lights. He was used to it. Grandma told daddy what the caretaker said.

36 minutes ago, HollyDolly said:

And why would you visit your loved ones at night? 

I read the article. From where are you getting the idea that people are visiting their loved ones at night?

I can understand the investigator may have gone at night thinking that night might be a more active time increasing his chances to capture something.

• Like 1

The issue of doing "ghost" hunts at night as preferred somehow is a valid question, imo. I think they just want atmosphere for their filming.

If it is ghosts/dead people and they are eternal or something like that then the light or night should not make any difference. It is that we like hauntings in the dark to be more spooky, etc. 

The only necessary reason to do such an investigation after hours/into the darkness is if there are a lot of people and disturbances by the living during the day, or it is a business or something that is open. 

If the phenomenon is real it should be there during the day as well. Just like the "witching hour" which was midnight back in the 70s and now is 3am. I marvel how they always know when daylight savings time arrives without fail.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

The issue of doing "ghost" hunts at night as preferred somehow is a valid question, imo. I think they just want atmosphere for their filming.

If it is ghosts/dead people and they are eternal or something like that then the light or night should not make any difference. It is that we like hauntings in the dark to be more spooky, etc. 

The only necessary reason to do such an investigation after hours/into the darkness is if there are a lot of people and disturbances by the living during the day, or it is a business or something that is open. 

If the phenomenon is real it should be there during the day as well. Just like the "witching hour" which was midnight back in the 70s and now is 3am. I marvel how they always know when daylight savings time arrives without fail.

I agree.  When Ghost Hunters was in its hay day, how many encounters happened during the day that never happened at night.  Many were debunked. Others, as Pallidin added "Not enough information"  I've seen some things when I was a kid and an adult I can't explain.  I'm not saying their ghosts.  Maybe they're part of the multiverses intersecting.

• Thanks 1

If I was that Inv and knew I was truthfully in possession of a valid capture as this, I would go back with cameras mounted at various angles and then walk through to provoke a response and hope more was gained. 

A valid capture is precious stuff, imo. If you have activity to that level then document the heck out of it. Multiple views could answer if a car was coming, or what it was or if it was also caught from another angle, or was nothing at all. 

I am a believer, but, the questions are fair and if you leave holes open, there you are. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, paperdyer said:

I agree.  When Ghost Hunters was in its hay day, how many encounters happened during the day that never happened at night.  Many were debunked. Others, as Pallidin added "Not enough information"  I've seen some things when I was a kid and an adult I can't explain.  I'm not saying their ghosts.  Maybe they're part of the multiverses intersecting.

Yep. One of the very creepiest experiences I have had with "haunts" was in full day in a house I still consider to be one of the most intense cases I have investigated. Just walking through that place was to feel and sense so much that I will never have words for. Pictures taken of it in full day showed flat out hooded figures. In the dark they might not have even showed up. 

Mist, ok, in daylight one would not catch that maybe in solar glare, but they may have gotten something else. Darkness puts the investigator in a more conducive frame of mind, and that can skew results, imo. 

"He is obviously a very controlling spirit"   -   yeah......known people like that.,  lol

• Haha 2