Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange glowing objects flying at night UFO

11 minutes ago, stereologist said:

It doesn't matter to me if I know the exact name of the satellite. 

Sure, satellite are satellite, fun to see at night and sometimes during the day (the ISS is sometime visible). It'S just the UFO label is misuse a lot... everybody put UFO has ET while it's just something flying that you don't know what it is... 

On 5/2/2018 at 1:16 PM, Relam said:

Did anyone had expiriences like this, do you know what this is? We thought that maybe its satelite or some beings that watching us :geek::alien:

So he just described a Satellite but without knowing for sure...it's an UFO...by definition.

Edited by Jon the frog

14 minutes ago, stereologist said:

The first is a typical fireball and the second is labeled fireball, but the description does not match.

Fireballs do appear deep green. That can happen with high nickel content meteorites and also from space junk. How fast it streaks across the sky suggests which of the two it is. My recent dark green fireball was almost certainly space junk returning to Earth.

May I suggest that you read Chapter Four, and consider the opinion of Dr. Lincoln La Paz, meteorologist, about the Green Fireball sightings. 

I know that some meteors have a green hue to them, but if the fireball has no fiery tail, and it appears to be under intelligent control --- there's a chance that it could possibly be a so-called foo fighter.

Edited by Erno86

1 minute ago, Erno86 said:

May I suggest that you read Chapter Four, and consider the opinion of Dr. La Paz, meteorologist, about the Green Fireball sightings. 

I know that some meteors have a green hue to them, but if the fireball has no fiery tail, and it appears to be under intelligent control --- there's a chance that it could possibly be a so-called foo fighter.

I know about La Paz. You need to look at the time period. A fiery tail is not required. There is no way to determine "under intelligent control".

My sighting was NOT a foo fighter. It was space junk.

On 5/4/2018 at 4:23 PM, stereologist said:

Use binoculars at night to get a bright image of the objects you see.  Binoculars collect more light than the eye. A 50mm lens is pretty good. A satellite will still look like a dot of light but a plane will be easy to identify.

i wish i had money for all that stuff that you saying LoL

8 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

Sure, satellite are satellite, fun to see at night and sometimes during the day (the ISS is sometime visible). It'S just the UFO label is misuse a lot... everybody put UFO has ET while it's just something flying that you don't know what it is... 

So he just described a Satellite but without knowing for sure...it's an UFO...by definition.

That makes UFO a rather useless description. It becomes too encompassing.

I saw a plane fly by. I could not identify the type. I suppose that was a UFO. I saw a bird this morning I could not identify. That was a UFO as well. I saw a hairstreak yesterday. Don't know which type. I saw a balloon go by. Couldn't read what was on it. That was a UFO too ... by definition.

1 minute ago, Relam said:

i wish i had money for all that stuff that you saying LoL

That's where you invite a friend out and remind them to bring their 7 by 50 binoculars. The 7 is the power and the 50 is the diameter of the lens.  If you do that, then take a look at some of the stars.  Even the glow around Orion's belt will show up. Jupiter's moons are visible.  Maybe there is a star party in your area. they will have some nice optics and can help identify your sighting.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I saw a plane fly by. I could not identify the type. I suppose that was a UFO. I saw a bird this morning I could not identify. That was a UFO as well. I saw a hairstreak yesterday. Don't know which type. I saw a balloon go by. Couldn't read what was on it. That was a UFO too ... by definition.

Of course it doesent mean that those are aliens or something, its just unidentified flying object

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stereologist said:

No you see a plane.. so it's a plane not a UFO same thing with the bird... they are identified, maybe not completely but they are not UFO. But if you see something flying that you cannot classified.. it's a UFO.

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jon the frog said:

No you see a plane.. so it's a plane not a UFO same thing with the bird... they are identified, maybe not completely but they are not UFO. But if you see something flying that you cannot classified.. it's a UFO.

But the satellite is not? How odd?

How are you so sure I saw a plane or bird? I just described a plane and bird without knowing for sure.

2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I definitely did NOT see a foo fighter. it was space junk.

I believe you...

15 minutes ago, Relam said:

Of course it doesent mean that those are aliens or something, its just unidentified flying object

The problem is that UFO gets tossed out too often making the term rather useless. 

The "can't be certain" stance is used often. I've been out in the field watching people point to satellites and telling me that they are UFOs. I tell them that they are satellites on a circumpolar orbit and they still say UFO.

6 minutes ago, stereologist said:

But the satellite is not? How odd?

How are you so sure I saw a plane or bird? I just described a plane and bird without knowing for sure.

Yet the guy didn't know for sure that it was a satellite in his post... so if he don't verify... it's a UFO. Yes i'm sure it's a satellite like you... but until he know for him it's a UFO.

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 2

At first I thought it was a high nickle content meteorite making the deep green meteor. Later I reread material on meteors from the American Meteor Society. The fact it was a slow movement across the sky suggested a slow speed relative to the Earth. A check of metals that produce green light when heated in a flame gave a rather large list and was of little help.

An informative web search: foo fighters ufo

Edited by Erno86

4 hours ago, stereologist said:

I definitely did NOT see a foo fighter. it was space junk.

3 hours ago, Erno86 said:

Here's a couple of good educational YouTube vids about the foo fighter mystery:

Foo fighters - Sightings

WW2 Foo fighter Sightings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fhy-Hv0XEs

yeah pretty much it looked like one in  the first video

When i see it again, i will try somehow to catch it on camera and post pics here

Edited by Relam

43 minutes ago, Relam said:

yeah pretty much it looked like one in  the first video

When i see it again, i will try somehow to catch it on camera and post pics here

Can you give the time in the video? It all looked like bad re-creations to me.

Edited by stereologist

Can you give the time in the video? It all looked like bad re-creations to me.

He was just like this, same color and shape on 2:31 and 5:15  ,   Then he changed sizes of light like in 3:27 

It all looked like bad re-creations to me.

Yeah video is not real they just made edit from description of people that saw that ufo

Edited by Relam

On 5/4/2018 at 1:47 AM, ChrLzs said:

I love watching the night sky.  Sadly it seems to be a dying pastime - seems most folks would rather hunch over their stupid phones in an apparent effort to get dumber...   For anyone tempted to get into it, may I suggest visiting Heavens Above, tell it where you are (Change Observing Location), and then look for the next time the ISS passes over your location.  Seeing that beautiful bright star passing overhead, knowing that there are several humans onboard looking down from space.... if that doesn't stir your interest in the sky, then I think you have expired...

I can also offer Spot the station, a site and service provided by NASA that will send an email when the ISS is passing over your home town.  https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/    I love watching the station pass overhead, watch it every chance I can.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

@Erno86 finally i saw this flying object again around 23:00h and i took a pic of it, It was flyin from SW to East. My camera is not that good but if you look close you will see that yellow dot, it look like star but you can't take picture of stars with phone.

2018-09-04 14.14.49.png

IMG_20180904_141938_751.jpg

1 hour ago, Relam said:

@Erno86 finally i saw this flying object again around 23:00h and i took a pic of it, It was flyin from SW to East. My camera is not that good but if you look close you will see that yellow dot, it look like star but you can't take picture of stars with phone.

2018-09-04 14.14.49.png

IMG_20180904_141938_751.jpg

Most likely you were watching a satellite.  If it was the brightest thing in the night sky then it was the ISS.

There are two Erno86's on the web --- One lives in Europe...and myself, where I live on the outskirts of Baltimore City, Maryland.

The possible foo fighter that I saw one night in November of 1976, approx 40 miles west of Washington D.C. --- in it's bluish-white high power phase: approx. big as a jet airliner, going at approx. 17,000 mph (?) about 2 miles away --- And the possible foo fighter (one minute later after I saw the bluish-white light) --- A fiery reddish-orange UFO approx. 700 feet in diameter, with no fiery tail...about 1 mile away, appearing just just below the low cloud cover, making a slow (30 mph?) perpendicular descent to Earth; just beyond the mountain range --- while lighting up the mountain valley in front of us. It consisted of a plasma (fusion plasma fuel source?) of some kind, with flames licking all around the spherical object, swirling plasma currents on the surface. It looked like a miniature Sun, with a possible intelligent flying machine safely encased inside it.  

Edited by Erno86
added a few words