Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Afterlife Interview with Stephen Hawking

papageorge1

5 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

What evidence do you have that this is true, beyond 'wanting' it to be true that is?

With Dr. Hawking not able to defend himself this amounts to nothing more than here-say, perhaps even slander or libel. 

cormac

The point of the interview is to allow him to express himself freely.. No proof was attempted for skeptics as thati is not possible. 

9 minutes ago, MrBene said:

I would ask her a bunch of stuff that only a brilliant mind like Hawking could answer. It would be fun to see that woman saying "Oh oh! I'm losing my connection". 

Well present us with both a brilliant physicist and a brilliant medium and we’ll listen. Until then.......

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The point of the interview is to allow him to express himself freely.. No proof was attempted for skeptics as thati is not possible. 

So they're allowed to make something up and effectively sling someone's memory and reputation in the mud and that's ok with you?  That says a lot about your moral compass or lack thereof IMO. 

cormac

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

So they're allowed to make something up and effectively sling someone's memory and reputation in the mud and that's ok with you?  That says a lot about your moral compass or lack thereof IMO. 

cormac

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Well. we each are entitled to our own opinions. Just ignore but others like myself may be interested.

I understand completely and meant no insult, just stating my own opinion.

• Like 2

How did Prof. Hawking speak to them? If it wasn't through his trademark Dalek voice I'd be very disappointed. 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Well present us with both a brilliant physicist and a brilliant medium and we’ll listen.

It'd be easier to find the former than the latter, since at least we do know that they exist ... 

Edited by Vlad the Mighty
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Here is an interview with Stephen Hawking after his death.

Characters in this video:

Erik Medhus: Young man who committed suicide and now works to aid spiritual enlightenment from the other side.

Elisa Medhus: Erik's mother seen in video

Veronica: Medium who communicates with the deceased Erik and Stephen Hawkin.

Interview

My take. I think this is highly likely to be genuine contact with Erik and Hawking. These two (Elisa and Veronica) are not perfect nor claim to be perfect. They absolutely claim to be honest and sincere. I have been following Elisa for some time and if not always the best at communication skills (she's a medical doctor), I believe her to be honest and genuine.

Why?

Of course they claim to be honest and sincere.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

If Hawking agreed to participate, how is that a disservice?

There's no evidence that Hawking can agree to anything at this point. 

And it's a disservice because it goes against everything he stood for. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Let's just remember the Genius and his sense of Humor ...

~

[00.02:44]

~

• Like 4

11 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

cormac

No, I do not think that would be morally correct. 

However, what I believe is OK is a spirit wishing to communicate and a person helping facilitate that communication. And the rest of us can form our judgments ourselves.

7 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

How did Prof. Hawking speak to them? If it wasn't through his trademark Dalek voice I'd be very disappointed. 

He actually appeared as his 30 year-old self in full vigor per the medium.

7 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Why?

Of course they claim to be honest and sincere.

I have studied the Channeling Erik material for years now including books and an on-line blog and a facebook page and formed my personal position from all that. I do believe it is likely that I had a couple pranks played on me by Erik himself (one of his trademarks), but that is another subject.

You are free of course to summarily dismiss them.

7 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

There's no evidence that Hawking can agree to anything at this point. 

And it's a disservice because it goes against everything he stood for. 

People can have their eyes opened and wish to express that, right. If you think these people are scammers or delusional then that shouldn't harm Hawkin's reputation, right?

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

No, I do not think that would be morally correct. 

However, what I believe is OK is a spirit wishing to communicate and a person helping facilitate that communication. And the rest of us can form our judgments ourselves.

Considering you promote the alleged channelling of the words of a man of such standing, who was a known and respected atheist (on top of being a leading physicist) until his dying day, I personally find you as morally and ethically reprehensible as those promoting this farce. 

cormac

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Considering you promote the alleged channelling of the words of a man of such standing, who was a known and respected atheist (on top of being a leading physicist) until his dying day, I personally find you as morally and ethically reprehensible as those promoting this farce. 

cormac

I see no moral problem if everyone involved, including myself, is being honest with no intention to deceive.

We can each choose to believe, consider or ignore this claimed interview as our reason dictates.

Edited by papageorge1

Totally aside from whether you believe in mediums or not, is the fact that a single check on the offerings on youtube from this crew includes interviews with Laci Peterson, Nicole Brown Simpson, Jack the Ripper, Jesus and Hugh Hefner to name a few on top returns. The link feeds to their website. Their youtube links feature ads (revenue).

I am not at all adverse to a paranormal worker making a living, unlike some. 

However, I was taught very early on by my own guides that you do not disrespect the privacy of the Dead. Were these released by the relatives of the deceased, I could live with it without opinion. But a little crew of people who are strangers to the famous deceased doing these contacts back to back is basically voyeurism, exploitation and a violation of basic decency imo. 

If they are not my kin or I am asked by someone specific to attempt a contact, or I have a compelling reason, I don't go out there hunting or publish anything I find out or perceive if I do make any contact. ONCE, while entering the astral space I go to to start an attempt I saw unsolicited, a celebrity I recognized. I was so surprised I greeted him and we did talk for a few moments. Then, I moved on. What he said personal to him I do not consider myself free to toss out anywhere, and none of it was earth shaking. He asked what I was over there for and I told him and he offered some thoughts of his own on it, and it was a nice contact. He turned out to be a really decent guy. But, I would never publish such a thing anywhere, irrelevant whether my claims would be believed or not. It is no different than if I sent a private message to someone here. I consider that private. 

THIS is why I do not respect these people. They are just basically using famous names to gain ad revenue. It is not just a question of "do you believe or not in mediums". What it comes down to is Do you support users?

I don't. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

People can have their eyes opened and wish to express that, right. If you think these people are scammers or delusional then that shouldn't harm Hawkin's reputation, right?

Its not Hawking's reputation, its the disdain for the mans way of life. As you can see that majority, well, everyone excepting yourself, find this in poor taste. 

Too soon, too much. This is just wrong. 

• Like 2

I posted my opinions on psychic powers in my Blog just now. It's called, "Psychic-Psychosis". It's a warning that those with psychic powers may be interested in. Thought that would be a more appropriate place to rattle on. I don't want to discourage anyone from using their psychic powers, however. :) 

This isn't about psychics or mediums, it is about decency, exploitation and revenue and hence, fraud imo. 

Just wrong. 

I don't care what people believe about the paranormal, or any claims made by others or even claims I make. This is still wrong.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Totally aside from whether you believe in mediums or not, is the fact that a single check on the offerings on youtube from this crew includes interviews with Laci Peterson, Nicole Brown Simpson, Jack the Ripper, Jesus and Hugh Hefner to name a few on top returns. The link feeds to their website. Their youtube links feature ads (revenue).

I am not at all adverse to a paranormal worker making a living, unlike some. 

However, I was taught very early on by my own guides that you do not disrespect the privacy of the Dead. Were these released by the relatives of the deceased, I could live with it without opinion. But a little crew of people who are strangers to the famous deceased doing these contacts back to back is basically voyeurism, exploitation and a violation of basic decency imo. 

If they are not my kin or I am asked by someone specific to attempt a contact, or I have a compelling reason, I don't go out there hunting or publish anything I find out or perceive if I do make any contact. ONCE, while entering the astral space I go to to start an attempt I saw unsolicited, a celebrity I recognized. I was so surprised I greeted him and we did talk for a few moments. Then, I moved on. What he said personal to him I do not consider myself free to toss out anywhere, and none of it was earth shaking. He asked what I was over there for and I told him and he offered some thoughts of his own on it, and it was a nice contact. He turned out to be a really decent guy. But, I would never publish such a thing anywhere, irrelevant whether my claims would be believed or not. It is no different than if I sent a private message to someone here. I consider that private. 

THIS is why I do not respect these people. They are just basically using famous names to gain ad revenue. It is not just a question of "do you believe or not in mediums". What it comes down to is Do you support users?

I don't. 

I understand where your feelings are coming from. I am not a fan of interviewing celebrities as it seems a little cheezy. I have come to accept it as a way to get some people interested. Hawkin I put here because one would naturally wonder what a great scientific thinker would experience when finding himself in the afterlife.

What I find disrespectful is when people go into celebrities, garbage, private records, medical records, interview nefarious characters regarding the celebrity,  etc, without the celebrity being a willing participant in the information exchange. Or  even discussing their afterlife condition without their willing participation would also be an invasion of privacy.

HOWEVER, in the case of these afterlife interviews, I believe the celebrity chooses to and wants to communicate in this fashion and understands the process and purpose. Erik is the meeting facilitator and organizes and explains things on both sides. That then becomes OK with me. They want to contribute their thoughts!  

Edited by papageorge1

1 hour ago, Not A Rockstar said:

This isn't about psychics or mediums, it is about decency, exploitation and revenue and hence, fraud imo. 

Just wrong. 

I don't care what people believe about the paranormal, or any claims made by others or even claims I make. This is still wrong.

I finally  watched the video and not only are those 2 frauds there is actually something really repulsive about them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I see no moral problem if everyone involved, including myself, is being honest with no intention to deceive.

We can each choose to believe, consider or ignore this claimed interview as our reason dictates.

Of course you don’t see a moral problem, you’d actually have to have morals in order to do so. And unless you have verifiable evidence to show reason for anyone to believe that Dr. Hawking had any beliefs in either a deity, an afterlife or spiritual communications contrary to anything he stated in life then it all amounts to here-say and you are just as guilty in promoting these charlatans as they are of impugning a good mans beliefs and reputation. Making excuses for your offense doesn’t exonerate you of them IMO. 

cormac

• Like 2

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

I understand where your feelings are coming from. I am not a fan of interviewing celebrities as it seems a little cheezy. I have come to accept it as a way to get some people interested. Hawkin I put here because one would naturally wonder what a great scientific thinker would experience when finding himself in the afterlife.

What I find disrespectful is when people go into celebrities, garbage, private records, medical records, interview nefarious characters regarding the celebrity,  etc, without the celebrity being a willing participant in the information exchange. Or  even discussing their afterlife condition without their willing participation would also be an invasion of privacy.

HOWEVER, in the case of these afterlife interviews, I believe the celebrity chooses to and wants to communicate in this fashion and understands the process and purpose. Erik is the meeting facilitator and organizes and explains things on both sides. That then becomes OK with me. They want to contribute their thoughts!  

Prove this was Dr Hawking. You cannot, and neither can they. These people have a proven track record of click baiting. Anyone who actively supports such vile practices is actively working against the real workers out there. 

Jack the Ripper...Jesus Christ..... spare me. 

This is like those who claimed that Darwin retracted his Theory of Evolution on his deathbed. Hogwash. Let their lives stand for what they were and go and interview a missing victim and find their dam body then and prove something real. THAT would generate interest from the sceptics. This is just punching the people who respected Dr Hawking, including myself, in the face and is hateful. 

Anyway, this is my last post on this. 

• Thanks 2