Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seeded Life [We are not of Earth]

23 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I think you are naively assuming and  misunderstanding what I was saying, All life has DNA, worms and humans, and the DNA was seeded and evolved under the guidance of intelligence (nature spirits). 

What does any of that have to do with worms being 'spiritually manufactured' as you put it?

Some virus use RNA as their genetic material.

There is zero evidence for any guidance of evolution. Such a statement is an extraneous hypothesis.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Some virus use RNA as their genetic material.

There is zero evidence for any guidance of evolution. Such a statement is an extraneous hypothesis.

It is an extraneous hypothesis only if your only interest is physical science.

I am interested in evaluating other sources and wisdom traditions than physical science and those things are involved in forming my personal worldview which is what I am sharing in this thread.

32 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I am interested in evaluating other sources and wisdom traditions than physical science and those things are involved in forming my personal worldview which is what I am sharing in this thread.

In other words; " Ya got nuttin," Nothing to prove what you say, no evidence of any kind except for those voices in your head, which are constantly misinforming you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Is this why I sometimes feel alienated? 

• Haha 7

56 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

False. It is an extraneous hypothesis because the universe acts as if there is no intelligence guidance. No need to add such an idea if there is no need for it.

There is no evidence for it and there is no need for it.

• Like 1

Why do threads like this always seem to bring at least one person who want's to make it all about spirituality?

I mean. I have a lot of possible ideas of why there is life on earth. Some are far fetched and possibly outlandish, but none of them involve god. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Why do threads like this always seem to bring at least one person why want's to make it all about spirituality?

I mean. I have a lot of possible ideas of why there is life on earth. Some are far fetched and possibly outlandish, but none of them involve god. 

I think it is a basic lack of understanding of the world. They need to think that there is purpose where none may exists.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

I think it is a basic lack of understanding of the world. They need to think that there is purpose where none may exists.

Even if the universe is swimming with various forms of life. That still doesn't mean there is a purpose or point to it.

A part of me hopes they find some form of life on Mars. Something that is either still alive or fossilized. But I'm not holding on to it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

We're animals. We forget this often, I think. We're just animals evolved on this planet like all the other animals, just another species. We're apes that can think. 

It seems to me, if we were spiritual in nature, we'd be spirits instead of basically worms with ideas. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Why do threads like this always seem to bring at least one person who want's to make it all about spirituality?

Good question XF...When you find the answer let me know.

24 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Even if the universe is swimming with various forms of life. That still doesn't mean there is a purpose or point to it.

A part of me hopes they find some form of life on Mars. Something that is either still alive or fossilized. But I'm not holding on to it. 

Not likely, as Mars lost it's magnetic field billions of years ago. Without the shielding effects of that field, the atmosphere was lost soon after, and the planet has no defense against the Sun's harmful rays.

Since this field was lost around a billion years or less after Mars'  formation, life probably did not even have a chance to start.

6 minutes ago, Gaden said:

Not likely, as Mars lost it's magnetic field billions of years ago. Without the shielding effects of that field, the atmosphere was lost soon after, and the planet has no defense against the Sun's harmful rays.

Since this field was lost around a billion years or less after Mars'  formation, life probably did not even have a chance to start.

Like I said, it's a hope. A vain one at that. 

1 hour ago, Gaden said:

In other words; " Ya got nuttin," Nothing to prove what you say, no evidence of any kind except for those voices in your head, which are constantly misinforming you.

I don’t consider sources and wisdom traditions beyond materialist science‘ ‘nuttin’, but that is just my personal position   

And I also understand materialist science can not use these ‘other’ sources of information. But my personal worldview considers everything.

So we actually agree that I can’t prove this to materialist science.

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

False. 

Darn you Stereo, and I was actually hoping I had finally convinced you.

29 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I don’t consider sources and wisdom traditions beyond materialist science‘ ‘nuttin’, but that is just my personal position  

there is only one science, & it's called 'science'! no need to use the word 'materialist'

unless one day when the kinda science you're referring to becomes known to truly exist of course= but until then;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Darn you Stereo, and I was actually hoping I had finally convinced you.

When system can be clearly explained there is no need to introduce other concepts.

Evolution does not require a guiding influence to make it work. Evolution is both fact and theory. There is the fact that species on Earth have changed over time. There are several theories that explain that fact. The current theory does not include any guiding intelligence or spiritual components, because they are not needed.

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

And I also understand materialist science can not use these ‘other’ sources of information. But my personal worldview considers everything.

So we actually agree that I can’t prove this to materialist science.

Not one of your sources has ever given even an inkling that they offer a viable alternative. In, fact, most, if not all, have been proven to be outright charlatans. That you believe in them is just simply sad, and more than probably one day will be a detriment to you. All you are offering is your own opinion, which, since you admit you can prove none of it, is of value to no one, yourself included.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gaden said:

Not one of your sources has ever given even an inkling that they offer a viable alternative. In, fact, most, if not all, have been proven to be outright charlatans. That you believe in them is just simply sad, and more than probably one day will be a detriment to you. All you are offering is your own opinion, which, since you admit you can prove none of it, is of value to no one, yourself included.

yep

6 hours ago, stereologist said:

Recent studies such as the ones posted in this thread suggest otherwise. If you can provide a link to a study supporting your claim I think many of us would be interested in reading it.

The time scale you provide for evolution is not correct. Evolution happens each day. It is the change in a population. It can be happening in terms of hours with bacteria or years with animals with slower reproductive cycles. Homo sapiens have been smart for a long time. There is a difference between intelligence and the development of different technologies or behaviors such as art.

6 hours ago, stereologist said:

Recent studies such as the ones posted in this thread suggest otherwise. If you can provide a link to a study supporting your claim I think many of us would be interested in reading it.

The time scale you provide for evolution is not correct. Evolution happens each day. It is the change in a population. It can be happening in terms of hours with bacteria or years with animals with slower reproductive cycles. Homo sapiens have been smart for a long time. There is a difference between intelligence and the development of different technologies or behaviors such as art.

You misundestand what i'm trying to say, i'm not denying evolution.

Evolution explains 10% of species development. Three main questions:

The Origin of Life?  We have evolutionary species growth? It takes a million years to develop one specie 

When the meteor destroyed the dinosaurs 1000 years later, there are new species. 

Like someone decided: Hmm This type is too big and he killed them and sown a new one. 

And the third question Missing link? How did we get to an intelligent beast from one animal? 

To arrive from neanderthal to homosapiens or chromagnon should take 5-6 million years and he appeared overnight because it was the result of genetic engineering since it was the result of the intermingling of terrestrial and cosmic gene.  

The Neanderthal was formed through a five-million-year period through evolution; the more durable they survived, the inferior,sick were dying.  

Those who survived had very few genetic disorders. At a moment of neandearthal birth the possibility of getting a disease was 2-3 genetic disorders, then homosapiens appeared, which is intelligent and artistic with 5000 genetic disorders.  

Since then, there has been no question of whether we are going to get sick, but when and from which we will get sick, because the genetic material of non-earth beings was mixed up and it did not have an adaptation on this planet. 

What I don’t get, is if they intentionally evolved life to suit the environment, why not terraform thr place to suit you? We have the know-how to terraform Mars, it’ll take thousands of years but we could do it. Millions of years of evolution versus a few thousand of hard graft. I know which Is pick.

4 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

What I don’t get, is if they intentionally evolved life to suit the environment, why not terraform thr place to suit you? We have the know-how to terraform Mars, it’ll take thousands of years but we could do it. Millions of years of evolution versus a few thousand of hard graft. I know which Is pick.

Without a magnetic field terraforming mars is futile. Now imagine if we developed a microbe that could terraform the atmosphere of venus. That would be something to see.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gaden said:

3 hours ago, Dejarma said:

there is only one science, & it's called 'science'! no need to use the word 'materialist'

unless one day when the kinda science you're referring to becomes known to truly exist of course= but until then;)

Vedic Science

10 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

can you do me the honour of never replying to me with just a link again!!!!!

if you've got something to say then say it in your own words!!

25 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Pick from that link:

Hindu are more exact in astronomy and astrology than any other people.

"Exact in astrology". :clap: