Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
TheCosmicGiggle

Childhood

TheCosmicGiggle

Isn't it cool how when you're younger the world seems so much different? The younger you are, the more connected you are with the spirit world (or wherever you think you were before you were here) and i think that's why we can have such a vivid imagination and experiences when we are kids. I just thought it would be interesting to talk about some weird stuff we remember from out younger years. 

One time when i was about 6 i had a fricking breakthrough at my daycare. My mom worked there as well and one day we were outside for play time. I was sitting at one side of the sandbox and my mom sat on the other and my friend Austin sat on another side. And i very vividly remember looking up and thinking things like " None of this is real. It's one big video game. Maybe if i say it out loud and they hear me ill beat the system and come home." Obviously i didn't think those exact terms because i was 6 and didn't quite know what systems or even video games were. But i know that was the general idea and it made sense in my head. Like if i was loud enough and broke like what was socially acceptable then I'd beat it. So i started yelling "It's not real, it's not real." And of course my mother is having a wtf moment and she had to carry me inside. She laughs about it now, but it was a rather weird part of my childhood that i look back on a lot.

Please please share your bizarre childhood moments ^_^ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

eight bits

When I was three or four, I had a good dream one night about being driven around town by a friendly and helpful cab driver. He could do some magic, too. The next morning, I told the rest of my family about my dream, and they misunderstood what I was saying. They thought I was telling them that I now had an imaginary friend who was a cab driver.

My initial reaction was frustration that I wasn't getting my story across. On second thought, however, that was a cool idea that even though the dream was over, I could stay in touch with the dream character. Apparently it was even a "thing" which people did (or at least people my age), and the rest of the family seemed to expect.

OK, then, an imaginary friend the cab driver became. That went on for a while, and is a good memory. Fast forward to decades later. I read about "imaginary friends" as something children do which is OK, no big deal, but maybe not ideal. Then I discover Carl Jung, and find out that of course you keep in touch with your dream characters after the dream is over, even as a grown up.

Yes!

• Like 3

Goddess of the Mist

Okay, don't laugh too hard but I had a strange experience as a kid at about age 5.  Growing up, I lived in Ohio where the winters are long, cold, and very snowy.  The first house I lived in had a big field next to it and behind it with lots of trees (mostly evergreens), and there was also this electrical power plant right behind it - basically we had a long driveway leading right up to it.  We slept with our windows open a lot when the weather was nice, and you could literally hear this thing buzzing.  It was enclosed by a high chainlink fence and around this was a path surrounded by pine trees, evergreens, etc.  Us kids used to play on that path all the time - just running around it, hide and seek, etc.  

One winter afternoon, we had been out playing in the snow, sled riding, etc.  We ended up on the path around the power plant just running around.  Suddenly both of my brothers and sister took off running back to the house and left me out there by myself.  They used to do that kind of stuff a lot back then - it was me against them for some reason.  Either way, I found myself out there all alone and took off running down the path around the power plant trying to get back home.  As I came around one corner, suddenly, standing right there in the trees in front of me was what I can only describe as the abominable snowman!  It was some big and tall, white furry creature just standing straight up in the trees looking right at me!  Kind of like a white "bigfoot" -  that's the best way I can describe it.  I ran as fast as I could back to the house and couldn't get in the door quick enough.  I was terrified!  I can remember breathlessly telling my mom what I'd seen and her saying, "Oh Becky, you just saw a dog" while my brothers and sister laughed.  

I realize I was only about 5, but even knew the difference between a dog and the abominable snowman back then!  Come on! 

• Like 4

ParanormalKris

OK this is kind of Creepy but varry cool. When I was Born. In the Hospital, Someone wes Holding me. Like my mom or a Nurse. Can't remember Who buy a Song wes playing on the radio. At 37 I can, still remember it was the Four Tops. So when I was Growing up,I was a really Huge fan of Motown. 

• Like 1

Elevenger

My sister and I shared a bedroom with twin beds when I was about 5 or 6 yrs old. This was in Phoenix, AZ. I lay there looking at the moonlight coming through the venetian blinds in slanted lines downward.  They suddenly became brighter and started swirling around like moonbeam "bees" until they became a man standing there. He appeared to be a Southern Gentleman, (like Colonel Sanders who I had never seen at that time.) dressed in a light grey flannel suit, with a vest, and a watch fob chain hanging out of one of the pockets.  He held a straight walking cane in his hand. I was surprised to see him, but felt that so long as he didn't move it was okay that he was there.  He then reached out to me with one hand.  I threw the blanket over my face so I couldn't see him.  At that moment my sister, who is 6 years older than I asked me if I would like to come sleep with her on her side of the room.  I said SURE! and ran to her bed without even peeking at that man.  I then asked her why she chose to ask me right at that moment if I wanted to sleep with her.  She said, "It suddenly got really cold in here, and I thought you might be cold too."  It was summertime in Phoenix.  It doesn't suddenly get cold. I told her the story of what I'd just seen, and she believed me.