Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Armoured truck spills $600,000 on to highway

Still Waters

A school bus driver is being hunted by police for scooping up cash after an armoured truck spilled up to $600,000 on to a highway in Indiana.

The truck was travelling along Interstate 70 in Indianapolis on Wednesday morning when its doors opened and it lost hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash.

Police said drivers clamoured to pick up the cash and are looking for a school bus driver who pulled over and picked up money, as well as four men who made off with bags of cash after stopping their pick-up truck.

https://news.sky.com/story/armoured-truck-spills-600000-onto-highway-and-school-bus-driver-is-wanted-for-scooping-it-up-11357855

Video:

http://fox59.com/2018/05/02/traffic-slow-on-wb-i-70-as-police-investigate-after-money-found-on-road/

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Finders keepers ...

~

[00.04:48]

~

• Like 2

And I have to be continents away ....darn

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

One of my Indianapolis friends apparently saw it happen, but I don't think he was able to get any of the cash. If only I had been there!

• Like 2

The money is insured.

They should just take the loss and fix the doors. 

I don't think they're getting any of that back. 

• Like 2

I'm not even closed to the idea of it being divine intervention on the part of the school bus driver.

They don't get paid much, I think. 

• Like 2

A Brinks truck wrecked on the main drag in my town a while back. The sheriff sent in a chopper and money went everywhere.  They didn't  find very much of it.  That was almost as good as when all the pot bales washed up on the beach. 

• Haha 2

Gift from Heaven, I say.

• Like 2

I believe and effort towards honesty, but I would not charge a single person with theft if I were on a jury.

• Like 1

Abject financial distress can lead perfectly sound, law abiding individuals to see this as a "no harm" opportunity to enhance their otherwise impoverished life.

It is illegal, of course, but I would not charge anyone.

I think the authorities recognized this, because they have granted legal amnesty to anyone turning in the monies.

• Like 1

Oh boy how i wish i had been in the right place at the right time!!!

• Like 3

Yeah, I would have picked-up a couple  sacks of cash, kept going, and murmuring "thank you God"

And actually bring a decent dinner home to my family, and new school clothes for our children.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Would I give it back? Probably not...

• Like 3

Why the authorities should be looking for these fortunate motorists is a mystery to me. It seems they did nothing illegal.

Contrary to what people are taught, although it is a "nice" thing to return found property, it is in no way a legal obligation to do so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1