Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

private message limits?

Not A Rockstar

I seem to be limited to 3 messages, at random times, and do not understand when I get blocked from sending to people. I am told by others they never have seen this or hit any limit. Can you clarify or remove this off my account? Most days there is no issue, then it turns up again.

• Like 5

Somewhere a member is reading this thinking "dude just wont take a hint" :lol:..................... Sorry just kidding 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

hahaha maybe so but I honestly do not send that many and to just maybe a few closer friends here... obviously if I only see it once in a while :)

*lobs  a spitball at @Farmer77 *

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Just now, Not A Rockstar said:

hahaha maybe so but I honestly do not send that many and to just maybe a few closer friends here... obviously if I only see it once in a while :)

*lobs  a spitball at @Farmer77 *

Ha I'm glad you had a good sense of humor, I was questioning my decision to post that for a second. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

What are these private messages you speak of? :unsure2:

Yours quizzically,

Billy No Mates

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

What are these private messages you speak of? :unsure2:

Yours quizzically,

Billy No Mates

aw, I would send you one but have already allegedly spammed 3 inboxes today :( I am locked out from sending more new messages.

• Haha 2

Only once, a long time ago, I got a message that I needed to free up some room in my pms. I had pages and pages of them. I've never seen anything since then. I don't know if there is a limit or not.

• Like 2

this is not that. I am at 10% or less of capacity. This is a SEEMING new member anti=spam thing that was not taken off when I hit "not a noob" state I think? I mean, who wouldn't want me to mail them?? :innocent:

shut up you.... lol

• Haha 2

Just curious, but are you trying to message people in an existing pm that they left? 

• Like 2

I never heard of a new member anti spam thing, but I was a noobie 9 years ago. I'm sure a lot of people would like to hear from you Rockstar. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Just curious, but are you trying to message people in an existing pm that they left? 

no Xeno. I messaged a poster or two then sent a pm to a mutual friend, then went to post to you and was stopped with that 3 message limit I have seen before. This is about the third time it has happened to me. Original messages, it does not seem to count existing threads so I keep a few of those forever with friends so I can talk to them, but this gets old. It is a real limit per the message I get about you are limited to three messages a day.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, susieice said:

I never heard of a new member anti spam thing, but I was a noobie 9 years ago. I'm sure a lot of people would like to hear from you Rockstar. 

when I was here in 07 on my original account it never was a thing either. But it is now for me on this one.

• Like 1

ok here is my result when trying to message @LV-426 a moment ago

msgerror.png

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

That's strange--I pm all the time and have never been limited.

• Like 1

I don't recall ever seeing that either.

I've sent several PMs throughout the day and I've never had that happen to me so I'm not sure....

• Like 1

At first I thought it was for noobs to be sure no one joined and flooded everyone with an ad or something but it has gotten old. 

• Like 1

You're not opening a new message thread to the same poster each time you answer, are you?

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

You're not opening a new message thread to the same poster each time you answer, are you?

nope. I have lived with this for a few months now. It counts original threads. So I cd mail you, tc and suse and that would be that for my day unless folks mail me, then I can reply but I cannot originate a pm further.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Not A Rockstar said:

nope. I have lived with this for a few months now. It counts original threads. So I cd mail you, tc and suse and that would be that for my day unless folks mail me, then I can reply but I cannot originate a pm further.

So, you're not limited within those original threads, you just can't pm a fourth one?

My original account did not do this and I am weary of it now and hope they change the setting or something. I had to ask a mutual friend to mail someone for me with a message and naturally nobody believes me about this as real, but it is. I thought we all had it but it seems not. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

So, you're not limited within those original threads, you just can't pm a fourth one?

right, I can reply forever and have some convos with friends that are pages long so I don't have to fear this cutting me off from friends 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

right, I can reply forever and have some convos with friends that are pages long so I don't have to fear this cutting me off from friends 

That may be the normal limitation, since pm's are usually for  unusual circumstances, and keeps pm's from hogging resources. You could take your conversations to the UM Facebook page.

Edited by Hammerclaw

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

That may be the normal limitation, since pm's are usually for  unusual circumstances, and keeps pm's from hogging resources. You could take your conversions to the UM Facebook page.

go to Facebook for private chats? Does EVERYONE have this limit then? I meet friends here and a lot is said which is not about forum topics and I didn't suppose I was odd in that. I always used to talk with my friends here about real life. If EVERYONE has it then how does no one else know what this screen is? :/ 

Just now, Not A Rockstar said:

go to Facebook for private chats? Does EVERYONE have this limit then? I meet friends here and a lot is said which is not about forum topics and I didn't suppose I was odd in that. I always used to talk with my friends here about real life. If EVERYONE has it then how does no one else know what this screen is? :/ 

Because most people don't multiple pm. I'm never pm'd more than two a day.