Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Am I psychic?

Bennet

Hi, a lot of my friends say they think I am phychic, I would like to write my experiences, and get some information, also, maybe some suggestions on how to strengthen my "power"(?) and what to do about it. So I have this friend let's call him Justin and me and and Justin always go to George's house. George's house is very haunted although, for some reason most of the paranormal experiences only happen when I'm there or when I'm with my friend Justin. The paranormal has always been extremelyyyyyy attracted to me and Justin especially if we r together. Basically we kinda have the same "powers"(?) a lot of times if I can look at a person and can get these feelings on what's going on with there lives. Ex. There is this kid rob, right when I saw rob I somehow knew that he has a tough life, he likes music and makes it and has issues with his mom. Justin became friends with rob and apparently all of these things are on point, this is only an example this happens all the time with anyone I want. I can also sence what people feel towards others strongly, for example I can sence tention love etc etc. a lot of times I can also predict what will happen I can say next week will be rly good LOve wise or something else. Also a wierd thing, IDK if this is a bit of telekinesis but it rly only works with Justin but if I look at Justin and say in my head and say look at me he alsways turns and looks, I've tried doing numbers it doesn't rly work he just says he feels tingly. Am I phychic? What is up with this "telekinesis" thing? If I am phycic then what, do I go on with life or should I strengthen it like what do I do I'm so new to this lol 

edit: I forgot to mention, this stuff has been happening recently and my vibes have been getting stronger but one issue, for some reason I always wake up with unexplainable scratches on my back at places I can't reach, i don't have any pets and I'm not scratching on anything during the night, it usually comes in fives getting a bit worse every time but this morning it was only two lines, they r always parallel and perfectly straight. What is this? And does this correlate to my possible phychic being? 

Edited by Bennet

The idea of being 'psychic' is really about mindset. This idea will be the filter through which you perceive the world around you. It can lead to a lot of false positives.

34 minutes ago, Bennet said:

edit: I forgot to mention, this stuff has been happening recently and my vibes have been getting stronger but one issue, for some reason I always wake up with unexplainable scratches on my back at places I can't reach, i don't have any pets and I'm not scratching on anything during the night, it usually comes in fives getting a bit worse every time but this morning it was only two lines, they r always parallel and perfectly straight. What is this? And does this correlate to my possible phychic being? 

Hello and welcome to UM.

You've already asked about your unexplained scratches, here:

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/317824-unexplained-scratches-on-back/?

So you have what thousands of others have....good intuition.

It is not new, it is not a gift and it certainly does not mean you are psychic. You are normal, like all the other of thousands now and thousands before you. 

• Like 3

As has been said..... It sounds as though you are good at reading peoples' body language and situations, and you have high emotional intelligence.

If you can perform this feat with no cues or knowledge to guide you, it may be a different story.

3 hours ago, Bennet said:

Hi, a lot of my friends say they think I am phychic, I would like to write my experiences, and get some information, also, maybe some suggestions on how to strengthen my "power"(?) and what to do about it. 

I read this and your other posts about scratches. I think being a psychic is more of a spectrum than an all or nothing; or a yes/no think. My best guess is you are on the more active end of the spectrum. You can work on this as you asked about. There are sources on line and in books that talk about this but I would make sure you get your info from a more mature seeming psychic source. Read around before jumping into something.

3 hours ago, Bennet said:

Hi, a lot of my friends say they think I am phychic, I would like to write my experiences, and get some information, also, maybe some suggestions on how to strengthen my "power"(?) and what to do about it. So I have this friend let's call him Justin and me and and Justin always go to George's house. George's house is very haunted although, for some reason most of the paranormal experiences only happen when I'm there or when I'm with my friend Justin. The paranormal has always been extremelyyyyyy attracted to me and Justin especially if we r together. Basically we kinda have the same "powers"(?) a lot of times if I can look at a person and can get these feelings on what's going on with there lives. Ex. There is this kid rob, right when I saw rob I somehow knew that he has a tough life, he likes music and makes it and has issues with his mom. Justin became friends with rob and apparently all of these things are on point, this is only an example this happens all the time with anyone I want. I can also sence what people feel towards others strongly, for example I can sence tention love etc etc. a lot of times I can also predict what will happen I can say next week will be rly good LOve wise or something else. Also a wierd thing, IDK if this is a bit of telekinesis but it rly only works with Justin but if I look at Justin and say in my head and say look at me he alsways turns and looks, I've tried doing numbers it doesn't rly work he just says he feels tingly. Am I phychic? What is up with this "telekinesis" thing? If I am phycic then what, do I go on with life or should I strengthen it like what do I do I'm so new to this lol 

Could be self analysis.

or self delusion. 

From the language of the OP, I am going to hazard a guess that he/she is young, probably a teenager.

• Like 1

Bennet, you are rushing along with something that you are currently, lovingly leaning upon.  Return here in a years time and ask the same thing again and maybe you will see the error of your ways.

11 hours ago, Bennet said:

Also a wierd thing, IDK if this is a bit of telekinesis but it rly only works with Justin but if I look at Justin and say in my head and say look at me he alsways turns and looks, I've tried doing numbers it doesn't rly work he just says he feels tingly. Am I phychic? What is up with this "telekinesis" thing? If I am phycic then what, do I go on with life or should I strengthen it like what do I do I'm so new to this lol 

Hi,

What you describe is more like telepathy than telekinesis. These things do get confused for some reason.

My understanding is that we are all a bit psychic. I would encourage the desire to strengthen it. You can do that by following your intuition and inclinations. You can also make an effort to connect more consciousally with your inner wisdom through meditation.

Justin does get some telepathic messages from you, so he will turn around to look at you when you want. Trying to do numbers with him does not work because that would involve his intellect and he is not tuned in enough for that to work.

John

• 4 weeks later...

Perhaps intuition? Some people are more intuitive than others. 

I've had a gut feeling which has come true. I don't think this is necessarily psychic ability.

However when you are sitting in the pub and having a chat then all of a sudden the world stops and you are presented with a screen in front of you showing you a film of what is going to happen in the next few hours, word for word then I believe you can say you're a bit psychic. 

To put in to context my mum and I are psychic. My mum had a recurring nightmare about Thailand and could pin point the tsunami months prior to the boxing day disaster. I had an horrific dream the night before i was due in London. The dream was so vivid. I was at a tube station and on the other platform was a man with a gun and people were running to the exit and crushing others. I refused to go to London the next day, that day was the 7/7 bombings. My bro did go and he nearly got killed on one of the buses. Other times are far more mundane but it's like time stops and you're given a film to watch but you also have the emotions too. Recently , about two weeks before the royal wedding I knew MM dad would not attend due to a heart attack......but i completely appreciate someone might say it's an educated guess. The thing is I don't think about it consciously it just pops in to my head and I see images and it's different from everyday thoughts , it's this unwavering knowing. When things then happen verbatim you gotta accept there are weird things in this world! 

• 2 months later...
On 5/6/2018 at 12:51 PM, XenoFish said:

The idea of being 'psychic' is really about mindset. This idea will be the filter through which you perceive the world around you. It can lead to a lot of false positives.

Some Psychic phenomena have been measured and verified scientifically.  Please refer to examples quoted in this book, "The ESP Enigma - The Scientific Case for Psychic Phenomena" by Diane Hennacy Powell, M.D.