Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I had a nightmare the other night I don't remember what the nightmare was about. I do remember waking up I saw a shadow person standing not too far from my bed I remember screaming for my son in my dream they were coming for me they're coming for me Brian they're coming for me. I woke up yelling for my son Brian I remember seeing the shadow person standing there I remember feeling something pushing on the edges of my bed. I remember waking up feeling fearful I was scared I was shook with fear. Someone has died in that room. I have felt people pressing on my bed before this nightmare has happened. I would like to have some advice some input some conversation something like I don't know what to make of this experience it's very unnerving can I get some input from the community please thank you I'll be waiting for your responses

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hello Rene and welcome to the forums here :)

Firstly, none of this can actually carry you away or take you anywhere. This amounts to an adult nightmare and I'd guess you are under a lot of stress in real life. You need to know that you have every right and authority to refuse to be bothered by anything like ghosts or spooky things. If you know nothing fancier to do, just yelling GET OUT! and LEAVE ME AND MY FAMILY ALONE will work as fine as any banishment or fancier ritual if you really mean it. When we first wake from a deep sleep, there are a few moments when we are awake but still dreaming, and I sincerely feel your shadow person was basically a waking dream.

With all this said, please understand that how this gets started for a person is suggestibility. You mention someone died in that room. This disturbs you to some degree, and add in stress and perhaps a lack of knowledge that you are safe as you wish to be from "things that go bump in the nights" and it can lead to some phenomenon. A little fear gets started and it escalates and can lead to a "haunting" and in truth, most of these things begin and end in our own minds. The act of smudging the space, having it blessed by  priest, or whatever you might feel consoled by and faith in works because you believe it does.

Hence why ordering it out and reducing our stress factors and learning what we have the power to do can end it, and if another freaky dream happens you wake up already knowing what to do and no need for fear.

Part of your stress reduction though may be analyzing yourself and your inner most fears over why you were feeling a threat of being taken away/ they are coming for me. Only you know what is fueling a sense of being taken away or someone coming for you. That is a psychological stress only you know what it might be.

Please do not feel "silly". I know these things because I also have been scared badly by dreams before I also learned better ways to respond to them :). Nobody here finds your tale funny, I assure you.

This is my take on it, Rene. Others will come along soon, I am sure. We have a few good folks around here :)

Glad you are here and again, welcome to UM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Both me and my significant other have seen that, too. 

Some people think it's just hypnagogic hallucination or sleep paralysis. 

It's just weird that many, many people see exactly the same thing.

Regardless of what you think it is, affecting the psyche helps. 

Do a simple banishment...something from your own belief system, or you can find the LBRP on youtube.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

It's just weird that many, many people see exactly the same thing.

But that's also true of the other creative products of the unconscious, that's what "collective" about the "collective unconscious."

OK, it's a little weird :) .

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

It's just weird that many, many people see exactly the same thing

It's just a product of memetics. Ideas are like a virus, they spread. What was once demonic night terrors have developed into alien abductions. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2018 at 7:59 PM, eight bits said:

But that's also true of the other creative products of the unconscious, that's what "collective" about the "collective unconscious."

OK, it's a little weird :) .

I can dig what your saying. Especially when it comes to dreams. But like A LOT of people see these same things, many only seeing the common phantoms. 

Just seems to me it stands out as abnormally collective. 

• Like 2

@preacherman76

Just seems to me it stands out as abnormally collective

OK. What should we conclude from that, do you think?

I am not preacherman nor purporting to answer for him, just apart from him, I was thinking about SPs and how they seem to be quite apparent under some circumstances, just in waking situations very often I do not think they are really there. 

This seeming contradiction has me thinking now as I sit here. At the moment I cannot articulate it but to me a shadow(y) form as I wake is not the same as a running SP down a hallway, etc. I think there is a thing known as Shadow People (SP) and also shadow forms which may or may not be related. You have pretty clear cut Hat Man and shadow folk and then you have this collection of random shadowy forms is what I am getting at, but, I do not consider myself some sort of SP guru or anything, just thinking out loud in friendly company.... interested in other ideas about em.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, eight bits said:

@preacherman76

OK. What should we conclude from that, do you think?

Well As you already know I imagine, I’ve pondered on that for a while now. Best I can come up with is I can’t draw a conclusion. 

Just another thing on the ever growing list of things I can’t figure out.