Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How would gods omnipotence work

Keymaster

2 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

If you think of a thing, envision it, does it exist?

We can imagine many things; FTL space travel, time travel, cloning processes that don't take a lifetime to bear fruit, etc. 

Da Vinci envisioned ( and sketched!) many things that couldn't be realistically created in his time, but required advancements in technology to achieve. Did they not exist? Or did they exist as an idea, a datum, a seed awaiting germination, an inspiration?

If you think about it then mental activity requires a brain and hence ideas are made from something.

Edited by RabidMongoose

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

If you think about it then mental activity requires a brain and hence ideas are made from something.

And your point is? I feel like I'm missing what you are trying to say.

6 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

And your point is? I feel like I'm missing what you are trying to say.

I read your reply as you trying to show that ideas are nothingness yet exist.

I was trying to show they arent nothingness, they are mental activity created by a material brain.

22 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

they are mental activity created by a material brain.

Hi RapidMongoose

Without out the existence of mental activity questioning whether something exists or not is irrelevant because the question would not exist.

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi RapidMongoose

Without out the existence of mental activity questioning whether something exists or not is irrelevant because the question would not exist.

jmccr8

Is someone smoking something again ?

2 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Habitat

No just having a little fun do you have a problem with that?:huh::lol:

jmccr8

I read it three or four times, not making any immediate sense to me.

Just now, Habitat said:

I read it three or four times, not making any immediate sense to me.

Hi Habitat

If there is no mind to question anything then there is no significance to anything or question because there is no intelligence to make things intelligible enough to question.:D

jmccr8

• Like 1

As dejarma would say, "oh, OK then " :)

39 minutes ago, Habitat said:

As dejarma would say, "oh, OK then " :)

It's not OK with me. I don't see how he could possibly be having fun when he is citing intelligence. I don't see the intelligence he is questioning with.

10 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

It's not OK with me. I don't see how he could possibly be having fun when he is citing intelligence. I don't see the intelligence he is questioning with.

Hi Pettytalk

It's ok if your not ok with what I said and by the way I did not question anything, I stated an observation. Intelligence is what makes things intelligible and without it there are no questions period and nothing has a meaning.

jmccr8

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2018 at 5:03 PM, Keymaster said:

Operating Under the assumption that there is a unified conciousness, in what way would it perhaps exist. And if so how could this conciousness give and recieve information omnipotently. Aswell as have the ability to interact with physical matter taking up space/ the space itself. I have my own opinions, but i would really like to hear others. 

Basically - Griffin from Men In Black 3.

On 5/9/2018 at 8:03 PM, Piney said:

I believe in the Algonquian concept that "God" is Creation. Literally the "Living Universe" which we are all part of.  

That's about the only version of an "omnipotent" god that makes any sense at all IMO. Similar to Einstein's god.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Horta said:

That's about the only version of an "omnipotent" god that makes any sense at all IMO. Similar to Einstein's god.

The Chinese have the same concept Tien,  "The Heavens"  The Japanese term is Amenominakanushi  "Originating Heart of the Universe"

I am more inclined to the Brahma's Dream notion of omnipotence.  The idea is that a tremendous intellect that is dreaming the universe into existence, and thus the unconscious desire of the deity is acting as a sub-processor, that maintains the continuity of the universe, while the mind of the deity is like a mathematical matrix of interactions.  While the deity may be awake within the dream and produce an avatar, they cannot be slain, as it is their dream.  On the other hand, woe betide the individual who is present when the deity achieves enlightenment and awakens.

• Like 1