Jump to content
Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
OverSword

For or Against Leaving Iran Nuke Deal

For or Against Leaving Iran Nuke Deal?  

58 members have voted

  1. 1. For or against.

    • I support the Presidents decision to pull the USA out of the Iran Nuclear Treaty
      33
    • I am against the Presidents decision to pull the USA out of the Iran Nuclear Treaty
      16
    • I am unsure how I feel
      9


296 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

OverSword
Posted (edited)

President Trump declared on Tuesday that he was withdrawing from the Iran nuclear deal, unraveling the signature foreign policy achievement of his predecessor Barack Obama

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword

I added another choice to the poll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

the treaty is really about inspections, nothing else,  imo it has little point if at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.ZZ.

More charming words from the world's largest sponsor of terrorism:

Iran lawmakers shout 'death to America,' burn U.S. flag after Trump nixes nuclear deal

Source USA Today

Sure, let's appease these savages.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hacktorp

This "deal" was done in secret and is about much more than inspections.

Time will reveal how the US taxpayer was fleeced and the country looted to provide cash payoffs and kickbacks to many individuals including US politicians, Iranian Mullahs, Clinton Foundation, and, of course, BARACK OBAMA.  None of this was supposed to surface because "she" wasn't supposed to lose.

It was an elaborate (and traitorous) shakedown of the US citizenry and when the facts are all out, people will be calling for Obama's head...and they may just get it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hacktorp
1 minute ago, .ZZ. said:

More charming words from the world's largest sponsor of terrorism:

Yes...the Mullahs, at any rate.  The Iranian people feel differently:

Dcto4swV0AAiJXt.jpg:large

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
2 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

This "deal" was done in secret and is about much more than inspections.

Time will reveal how the US taxpayer was fleeced and the country looted to provide cash payoffs and kickbacks to many individuals including US politicians, Iranian Mullahs, Clinton Foundation, and, of course, BARACK OBAMA.  None of this was supposed to surface because "she" wasn't supposed to lose.

It was an elaborate (and traitorous) shakedown of the US citizenry and when the facts are all out, people will be calling for Obama's head...and they may just get it.

even more reasons to get out.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
Posted (edited)

This deal was not put before the senate because it would never have passed as even many democrats were against it, including Schumer.  https://www.schumer.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/my-position-on-the-iran-deal  Of course he has flip flopped on it again because Trump. :rolleyes:  Obama simply used executive powers to enact it.  What a failure in every respect Obama was and this treaty was a disaster that reversed years of effort to topple the mullahs.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
16 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

This "deal" was done in secret and is about much more than inspections.

Time will reveal how the US taxpayer was fleeced and the country looted to provide cash payoffs and kickbacks to many individuals including US politicians, Iranian Mullahs, Clinton Foundation, and, of course, BARACK OBAMA.  None of this was supposed to surface because "she" wasn't supposed to lose.

It was an elaborate (and traitorous) shakedown of the US citizenry and when the facts are all out, people will be calling for Obama's head...and they may just get it.

If it's such a secret then how does one of us schmucks posting here on an internet discussion forum know it?  Is this just wild speculation on your part or do you have a valid reason for making those statements?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hacktorp
6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

If it's such a secret then how does one of us schmucks posting here on an internet discussion forum know it?  Is this just wild speculation on your part or do you have a valid reason for making those statements?

Be patient...you won't have to take my word for it.

Expect Uranium 1 to become part of the story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword

One has to admit, the Iranian government doesn't do much to make it's lawmakers seem reasonable or adult.

ira-2-696x464.jpg

Can you imagine this happening in Congress?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RavenHawk
35 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

More charming words from the world's largest sponsor of terrorism:

Iran lawmakers shout 'death to America,' burn U.S. flag after Trump nixes nuclear deal

Source USA Today

Sure, let's appease these savages.

The daily routine.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hacktorp
8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Can you imagine this happening in Congress?

Yes, sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
16 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Yes, sadly.

I don't think we are far removed from that now.  People need to wake up and start remembering the wisdom of the ballot vs the bullet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1

Before I read the other opinions here, I voted that I'm not sure.

How many on God's green earth could possibly have read and digested the whole treaty? I see this as part of being tougher on America's enemies like North Korea, Cuba, Syria, etc.. It is Trump's style (as opposed to his predecessors)  to be more attacking in response to enemies. If you have the strength, you don't take compromise deals from your enemies and demand the terms that are best for the whole world.

I think this has served the world well in the case of North Korea. The President of South Korea I believe wants Trump nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize. 

After reading my own persuasive post I am going to change my vote from 'I don't know' to the one in support for Trump.:D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnchorSteam
1 hour ago, hacktorp said:

Yes...the Mullahs, at any rate.  The Iranian people feel differently:

Dcto4swV0AAiJXt.jpg:large

Well, the common folk over there have to like him more than they do the Ayatollah and his fellow Cultists that built a Gulag Archapelago of their own, brought in Hamas to slaughter the Iranian people in the streets when they protested the regime in 2009 and still throw young people in jail for Dancing and STILL hold Hostages for ran$om. 

 

And good riddance to;

 

obama-americas-neville-chamberlain-vik-b

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
2 hours ago, Merc14 said:

What a failure in every respect Obama was and this treaty was a disaster that reversed years of effort to topple the mullahs.

Not according to the usual suspects @ExpandMyMind, @Clockwork_Spirit, @RAyMO, @Vlad the Mighty, etc. Apparently we just reversed a golden treaty that would have Iran flowing with milk and honey while they continue chanting "death to America". Mind you, they also thought the Paris Accord was going to save the world so there's that.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
1 minute ago, Dark_Grey said:

Not according to the usual suspects @ExpandMyMind, @Clockwork_Spirit, @RAyMO, @Vlad the Mighty, etc. Apparently we just reversed a golden treaty that would have Iran flowing with milk and honey while they continue chanting "death to America". Mind you, they also thought the Paris Accord was going to save the world so there's that.

If those four are for it then you know being against it is the correct thing to do. They haven't been correct about anything political in a long time, it is truly astounding.. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlad the Mighty
2 hours ago, Merc14 said:

 ... Obama to blame for everything ..

 and this treaty was a disaster that reversed years of effort to topple the mullahs.

dear lord, you're not still clamoring for Regime Change are you? Look what a success that policy has been wherever it's been tried. (:rolleyes: Sarcastic rolleyes just in case it wasn't clear.) The US had been trying for 35 years to Topple the Mullahs, and they hadn't succeeded yet. Now success was just around the corner was it, if only Obama hadn't signed this disastrous treaty? Do please try to get real. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brother_Spirit
Posted (edited)
Quote

‘US is not economic policeman’: EU will go to WTO if US action hurts business in Iran

The European Union has moved to protect the interests of its companies that do business in Iran, following the United States decision to withdraw from the 2015 nuclear deal.

President Donald Trump’s announcement that the US was withdrawing from the landmark pact unleashed a wave of criticism from the international community. Now the EU has threatened to take the US to the World Trade Organization (WTO) if it takes any steps that will negatively impact European business in the Middle Eastern country.

Source

See also: https://www.rt.com/usa/426227-iran-speaker-trump-mental/

 
Seems like Trump will need to bully the other members of the P5+1 to follow his lead.
Edited by Clockwork_Spirit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vilasarius

Death to America. When hasn't Iran not used that phrase? A nuclear armed Iran certainly wouldn't use that phrase. :rolleyes:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
4 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

dear lord, you're not still clamoring for Regime Change are you? Look what a success that policy has been wherever it's been tried. (:rolleyes: Sarcastic rolleyes just in case it wasn't clear.) The US had been trying for 35 years to Topple the Mullahs, and they hadn't succeeded yet. Now success was just around the corner was it, if only Obama hadn't signed this disastrous treaty? Do please try to get real. 

Are you happy with the idea of an Islamic Theocracy possessing a nuclear bomb on a long-range missile ? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlad the Mighty

Anyway, of course I'm for America's Donald Trump tearing up the Nuke deal, and preferably stamping on it in disgust as well.  It means that he'll now be best buddies with Israel's Benjamin "Bibi" Netanyahu, and that's the most important thing for any American leader, of course. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Anyway, of course I'm for America's Donald Trump tearing up the Nuke deal, and preferably stamping on it in disgust as well.  It means that he'll now be best buddies with Israel's Benjamin "Bibi" Netanyahu, and that's the most important thing for any American leader, of course. 

I think you should change your name to "Vlad the Sardonic, King of the Sarcastica archipelligo" :P

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlad the Mighty
Just now, RoofGardener said:

Are you happy with the idea of an Islamic Theocracy possessing a nuclear bomb on a long-range missile ? 

since there was absolutely no evidence that they were pursuing such a thing beyond the militaristic ravings of the usual far-right neocons, it's a question entirely as hypothetical as whether decent folk would have been content to see Saddam continue with his Weapons of Mass Destruction program. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.