Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

For or Against Leaving Iran Nuke Deal

OverSword

For or Against Leaving Iran Nuke Deal?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. For or against.

• I support the Presidents decision to pull the USA out of the Iran Nuclear Treaty
    • I am against the Presidents decision to pull the USA out of the Iran Nuclear Treaty
    • I am unsure how I feel

President Trump declared on Tuesday that he was withdrawing from the Iran nuclear deal, unraveling the signature foreign policy achievement of his predecessor Barack Obama

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 4

I added another choice to the poll.

More charming words from the world's largest sponsor of terrorism:

Iran lawmakers shout 'death to America,' burn U.S. flag after Trump nixes nuclear deal

Source USA Today

Sure, let's appease these savages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

This "deal" was done in secret and is about much more than inspections.

Time will reveal how the US taxpayer was fleeced and the country looted to provide cash payoffs and kickbacks to many individuals including US politicians, Iranian Mullahs, Clinton Foundation, and, of course, BARACK OBAMA.  None of this was supposed to surface because "she" wasn't supposed to lose.

It was an elaborate (and traitorous) shakedown of the US citizenry and when the facts are all out, people will be calling for Obama's head...and they may just get it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, .ZZ. said:

Yes...the Mullahs, at any rate.  The Iranian people feel differently:

Dcto4swV0AAiJXt.jpg:large

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Time will reveal how the US taxpayer was fleeced and the country looted to provide cash payoffs and kickbacks to many individuals including US politicians, Iranian Mullahs, Clinton Foundation, and, of course, BARACK OBAMA.  None of this was supposed to surface because "she" wasn't supposed to lose.

It was an elaborate (and traitorous) shakedown of the US citizenry and when the facts are all out, people will be calling for Obama's head...and they may just get it.

even more reasons to get out.

• Like 4

This deal was not put before the senate because it would never have passed as even many democrats were against it, including Schumer.  https://www.schumer.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/my-position-on-the-iran-deal  Of course he has flip flopped on it again because Trump. :rolleyes:  Obama simply used executive powers to enact it.  What a failure in every respect Obama was and this treaty was a disaster that reversed years of effort to topple the mullahs.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

If it's such a secret then how does one of us schmucks posting here on an internet discussion forum know it?  Is this just wild speculation on your part or do you have a valid reason for making those statements?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

If it's such a secret then how does one of us schmucks posting here on an internet discussion forum know it?  Is this just wild speculation on your part or do you have a valid reason for making those statements?

Be patient...you won't have to take my word for it.

Expect Uranium 1 to become part of the story.

One has to admit, the Iranian government doesn't do much to make it's lawmakers seem reasonable or adult.

ira-2-696x464.jpg

Can you imagine this happening in Congress?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Iran lawmakers shout 'death to America,' burn U.S. flag after Trump nixes nuclear deal

Source USA Today

Sure, let's appease these savages.

The daily routine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Yes, sadly.

I don't think we are far removed from that now.  People need to wake up and start remembering the wisdom of the ballot vs the bullet.

• Like 1

Before I read the other opinions here, I voted that I'm not sure.

How many on God's green earth could possibly have read and digested the whole treaty? I see this as part of being tougher on America's enemies like North Korea, Cuba, Syria, etc.. It is Trump's style (as opposed to his predecessors)  to be more attacking in response to enemies. If you have the strength, you don't take compromise deals from your enemies and demand the terms that are best for the whole world.

I think this has served the world well in the case of North Korea. The President of South Korea I believe wants Trump nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize. 

After reading my own persuasive post I am going to change my vote from 'I don't know' to the one in support for Trump.:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hacktorp said:

Yes...the Mullahs, at any rate.  The Iranian people feel differently:

Dcto4swV0AAiJXt.jpg:large

Well, the common folk over there have to like him more than they do the Ayatollah and his fellow Cultists that built a Gulag Archapelago of their own, brought in Hamas to slaughter the Iranian people in the streets when they protested the regime in 2009 and still throw young people in jail for Dancing and STILL hold Hostages for ran$om. 

And good riddance to;

obama-americas-neville-chamberlain-vik-b

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Merc14 said:

What a failure in every respect Obama was and this treaty was a disaster that reversed years of effort to topple the mullahs.

Not according to the usual suspects @ExpandMyMind, @Clockwork_Spirit, @RAyMO, @Vlad the Mighty, etc. Apparently we just reversed a golden treaty that would have Iran flowing with milk and honey while they continue chanting "death to America". Mind you, they also thought the Paris Accord was going to save the world so there's that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Dark_Grey said:

Not according to the usual suspects @ExpandMyMind, @Clockwork_Spirit, @RAyMO, @Vlad the Mighty, etc. Apparently we just reversed a golden treaty that would have Iran flowing with milk and honey while they continue chanting "death to America". Mind you, they also thought the Paris Accord was going to save the world so there's that.

If those four are for it then you know being against it is the correct thing to do. They haven't been correct about anything political in a long time, it is truly astounding.. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Merc14 said:

... Obama to blame for everything ..

and this treaty was a disaster that reversed years of effort to topple the mullahs.

dear lord, you're not still clamoring for Regime Change are you? Look what a success that policy has been wherever it's been tried. (:rolleyes: Sarcastic rolleyes just in case it wasn't clear.) The US had been trying for 35 years to Topple the Mullahs, and they hadn't succeeded yet. Now success was just around the corner was it, if only Obama hadn't signed this disastrous treaty? Do please try to get real. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

‘US is not economic policeman’: EU will go to WTO if US action hurts business in Iran

The European Union has moved to protect the interests of its companies that do business in Iran, following the United States decision to withdraw from the 2015 nuclear deal.

President Donald Trump’s announcement that the US was withdrawing from the landmark pact unleashed a wave of criticism from the international community. Now the EU has threatened to take the US to the World Trade Organization (WTO) if it takes any steps that will negatively impact European business in the Middle Eastern country.

Source

See also: https://www.rt.com/usa/426227-iran-speaker-trump-mental/

Seems like Trump will need to bully the other members of the P5+1 to follow his lead.
Edited by Clockwork_Spirit

Death to America. When hasn't Iran not used that phrase? A nuclear armed Iran certainly wouldn't use that phrase. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

dear lord, you're not still clamoring for Regime Change are you? Look what a success that policy has been wherever it's been tried. (:rolleyes: Sarcastic rolleyes just in case it wasn't clear.) The US had been trying for 35 years to Topple the Mullahs, and they hadn't succeeded yet. Now success was just around the corner was it, if only Obama hadn't signed this disastrous treaty? Do please try to get real. 

Are you happy with the idea of an Islamic Theocracy possessing a nuclear bomb on a long-range missile ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyway, of course I'm for America's Donald Trump tearing up the Nuke deal, and preferably stamping on it in disgust as well.  It means that he'll now be best buddies with Israel's Benjamin "Bibi" Netanyahu, and that's the most important thing for any American leader, of course. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Anyway, of course I'm for America's Donald Trump tearing up the Nuke deal, and preferably stamping on it in disgust as well.  It means that he'll now be best buddies with Israel's Benjamin "Bibi" Netanyahu, and that's the most important thing for any American leader, of course. 

I think you should change your name to "Vlad the Sardonic, King of the Sarcastica archipelligo" :P

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Haha 1

Just now, RoofGardener said:

Are you happy with the idea of an Islamic Theocracy possessing a nuclear bomb on a long-range missile ? 

since there was absolutely no evidence that they were pursuing such a thing beyond the militaristic ravings of the usual far-right neocons, it's a question entirely as hypothetical as whether decent folk would have been content to see Saddam continue with his Weapons of Mass Destruction program. 

• Like 2