Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weird death

DraconicInvestigator

Just now, DraconicInvestigator said:

And how does strangulation kill you?

Mystery continues!

Is it the school holidays already?

• Haha 2

Just now, Rlyeh said:

Is it the school holidays already?

No.

You also failed to answer my question!

Just now, DraconicInvestigator said:

No.

You also failed to answer my question!

Strangulation leads to asphyxiation. 

2 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Strangulation leads to asphyxiation. 

Why? According to new science, our ears (specifically, the vestibular system, the part of our ears responsible for balance) are the most important part of the respiratory system and if your ears are damaged you suffocate even if everything else is healthy. We all know science is never wrong, right?

Edited by DraconicInvestigator

3 minutes ago, DraconicInvestigator said:

Why? According to new science, our ears (specifically, the vestibular system, the part of our ears responsible for balance) are the most important part of the respiratory system and if your ears are damaged you suffocate even if everything else is healthy. We all know science is never wrong, right?

Because strangulation prevents oxygen from getting to the brain.

No surprise though you can't accept you got the articles wrong. 

Just now, Rlyeh said:

Because strangulation prevents oxygen from getting to the brain.

No surprise though you can't accept you got the articles wrong. 

But his ears weren't plugged up and science now says our ears are literally our lungs!

1 minute ago, DraconicInvestigator said:

But his ears weren't plugged up and science now says our ears are literally our lungs!

Science says no such thing. You've already been corrected on this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Science says no such thing. You've already been corrected on this.

Dr Daniel Rubens says so! 

Can this mystery ever be solved?

Personally, I think the article is a hoax!

1 hour ago, DraconicInvestigator said:

You're the only one that said that and it is completely false. This conversation is just idiotic.

Are you bored? 

2 hours ago, DraconicInvestigator said:

Can this mystery ever be solved?

Personally, I think the article is a hoax!

The mystery is why after being corrected you still continue to talk nonsense? Maybe you're illiterate.

2 hours ago, Krater said:

You're the only one that said that and it is completely false. This conversation is just idiotic.

Are you bored? 

How is it idiotic when I'm just repeating what current science says?

You have to be trolling, no one can be this painfully incompetent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DraconicInvestigator said:

Did you even read the link I provided? 

6 hours ago, DraconicInvestigator said:

I've already told you that I wear ear plugs all day, as do many many others. :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

I opened another thread that went into more detail, but I'm wondering if you have inner ear damage doesn't that mean you need to go on a respirator? 

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/317946-do-people-with-inner-ear-damage-have-to-go-on/?tab=comments#comment-6443468

Edited by DraconicInvestigator

What an absurd thread. While there may be a link between inner ear damage and SIDS.. SIDS is an infant problem, typically once a baby gets past a year the issue of SIDS is moot. The victim was an adult that was strangled, not an infant who's throat wasn't touched yet passed from SIDS.

No, people with inner ear damage don't just stop breathing or need ventilators. And yes, people with perfectly functional and healthy ears can die of strangulation. Crushing the larynx and cutting off the oxygen and cutting off the blood flow to the brain kills. Crushing the larynx and cutting off the oxygen to your heart and the rest of your body and cutting off part of the circulation loop of the head also helps to kill the body.

Even if we could magically process oxygen through our ears (like fish have gills?), being strangled would still cut off the blood flow to the brain and causing death, and the crushed larynx wouldn't allow oxygen into your body, causing death. And if the lack of oxygen and blood flow didn't kill, the inability to expel carbon dioxide would kill.

This is an unfortunate case in the circumstances and that it happened at all. But how he died is not mysterious.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DraconicInvestigator said:

So apparently NO ONE KNOWS how this person died... 

10 hours ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

They tap out in UFC so they don't die.  If the guy doesn't tap out and ends up passing out, the ref immediately stops the fight.  If that lock is held too long then it's what Not a Rockstar said above.  Your air supply and major blood supplies to your head are cut off and things can be crushed, like he said.  

Re-read the above quote. 

Why don't you do an experiment. Go to your local hardware store or home depot/Lowe's. Ask them if they sell ear plugs, buy them. When you get home put a pair in. See what happens.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2018 at 10:02 PM, DraconicInvestigator said:

But how does that kill you?

The whole not breathing thing will usually do that.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DraconicInvestigator said:

*snip*

You are not repeating what ‘current science’ says. You’re misinterpreting and misunderstanding things. 

My mind went straight to Mortal Kombat. Sorry.

• 2 months later...
On Wednesday, May 09, 2018 at 10:15 PM, DraconicInvestigator said:

Okay this is one I found was strange, not by who killed him, but how exactly he died. This happened in the town that I lived in and I remember seeing it on the news when it happened

http://www.laconiadailysun.com/newsx/local-news/99676-city-group-home-murder-prompts-lawsuit-812

The victim was 27 years old, the person who did it was 20.

How would having someone's legs around your neck for 10+ minutes kill you? Some people may think it would kill you by suffocating you by blocking your airway but according to new science (including ScienceDirect and Dr. Daniel Ruebens) we breathe through our ears, and without our ears, we'd suffocate and die. So the death could not have been suffocation since there's no mention of the victim's ears being plugged up. I can't get a hold of the autopsy report anywhere.

Bro, you ever been in a fight? Get put in a triangle choke and tell me how much breathing through your ears gets you. If there isn't someone to break it, you dead. Lol

On 5/11/2018 at 8:17 AM, Rlyeh said:

This is silly. He is trolling us like he lives under a bridge. Whole post should be deleted.