Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Green orbs

milehouse

Hi These photos were taken at a quiet remote place wherei had a strange feeling of my nan (deceased many years ago) standing beside me. When i looked at the photos there in the distance was a vivid green orb. When my photo was taken a like sized orb was beside me. Can’t seem to upload photos which is a real shame because someone may be able to explain this strange sighting! 

Orbs are controversial and most do not believe they are anything but camera anomalies. It really is best that if you wish to believe it was your Nan, that you do so and accept some things are just subjective and nobody else is going to be able to verify anything.

Me? I think most orbs are just dust and a quirk of digital cameras. Before digital we never had these orbs turning up, after all. But, I cannot say ALL orbs are dust. I do not know everything, after all. Some spiritual energy seems to cluster into ball-like shapes, so in theory it is possible in the paranormal sense.

Now, if you felt your Nan was with you, I have no issue with that. I think our beloved Dead can certainly visit and they still care. Orbs, though, I am unsure of.

Welcome to UM :) 

When you go to add text, the box will pop up to quote, use italics, underline etc.. At the bottom left there is text down there to drag a photo or whatever to and a choose file option from where you have your file saved. That area will allow you to upload a file as long as it is not too large.

• Thanks 1

Spoiler

Thank you you both for your replies. I remain optimistic that it was a sign from the spirit world! I wish I could upload the photos but alas my files must be too big! Thanks 

56 minutes ago, milehouse said:
  Hide contents

Thank you you both for your replies. I remain optimistic that it was a sign from the spirit world! I wish I could upload the photos but alas my files must be too big! Thanks 

You could use a site like Imgur. Upload the image there and copy the link,  paste here. 

Edited by SecretSanta

I do believe in paranormal orbs but not that every orb is paranormal. So maybe. I'm looking forward to seeing it if you can post it.

Use any site that you can upload pictures to. Facebook works well. Upload the picture, then copy and paste the link here.

Hi all..I’ve tried to send the relevant photos!, I’m somewhat of a novice!!!! So hope you can see them all?  Thanks. 

Looks like classic lens flare that lines up with the light source. Might be more obvious if you posted the whole pic, assuming those are cropped.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, milehouse said:

Hi all..I’ve tried to send the relevant photos!, I’m somewhat of a novice!!!! So hope you can see them all?  Thanks. 

That is pretty consistent over more than one photo and  you 'felt' your nan was there at the time also. The same thing appeared by your right side and then your left side in different photos. 

I have seen  purported technical explanations for every photo that has ever suggested the paranormal. I'm sure that will happen in your case, but considering the whole story and evidence I think it most likely to be a spirit manifestation of your nan. Sounds like something a loving nan would want to do too.

Many psychically gifted people I respect tell us that orbs are one of the easiest ways for spirits to manifest. (Requiring less energy)

Edited by papageorge1

Show the pictures in their entirety and we can probably identify the actual cause. If you put a line straight through the artifact legthwise and draw a line from the center of it to the sun, do you end up with a 90 degree angle? If so - lens flare. The one in the second pic is less pronounced because there is less sunlight.

But really, it all depends on if you want the real answer or the "feel good" answer. People tend to believe what they want regardless of the evidence.

Edited by moonman

Thank you all for showing your interest and your opinions . I still do feel it was something spiritual and shall report to you on any more orb sightings. Exactly as you said moonman  one believes what one wants to believe! 

So we won't see the whole photos then? Why ask for an explanation if you have already decided what it is?

Edited by moonman

Maybe! Thought this was a forum for explaining and exploring avenues of “unexplained-mysteries” I just like to hear opinions of like-minded folk! 

On 10/05/2018 at 6:00 PM, milehouse said:

Can’t seem to upload photos which is a real shame because someone may be able to explain this strange sighting! 

I agree with moonman.. in my professional opinion, I'd also say either lens flares or bad use of aftereffects- debatable but personally, I'd kinda go for the later. But hey, what do I know.

It seems to me the only explanation you want to hear is one of the supernatural.

6 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

Well look at that - a green dot showing up in other iPhone pics that looks just like the green dot in these iPhone pics. George got schooled again.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, moonman said:

Well look at that - a green dot showing up in other iPhone pics that looks just like the green dot in these iPhone pics. George got schooled again.

Not exactly. @SecretSanta found useful information on the subject but the OP's photo had features not covered in the example. A full view of the picture would help to see if there was a sun too. I agree this may well be the cause though.

I am willing to learn new things and change my opinion based on new information I wasn't initially aware of. 

Edited by papageorge1

As noted above, in order to eliminate the likelihood that these are just common lens flares we need to see the original, full size, unaltered pictures. 

I am unaware of any such "orbs" being photographed that coukdn't be shown to be lens flares - and have often been unfortunate to capture them myself (spoiling a picture, IMO).  Best one I took was in a graveyard on a misty day in Stirling  :D    Unfortunately I can't find it to show you :( 

Once again thank you all for links and info about my post. At least it’s raised interest amongst you all and educated me about the facts.