Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jury used Ouija board to find murderer guilty

UM-Bot

:blink: Yeah, whatever is coming through that is always telling the truth........

I hope the case was overturned.

• Like 7

The jurors were so taken aback that many of them started crying. When they eventually retired to their rooms for the night, they agreed not to tell anyone about what had taken place.

I wonder who blabbed 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yup, that was bad form from the jury. One should not use an Ouija board to make decisions about a court case.  They should've use tarot cards. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Was the case over turned? Doesn't say on the feed.

• Like 3

How many court cases have literally been decided on the flip of a coin? How many are now being decided by fortune telling apps on their cell phones? People think that justice is fair and it is anything but fair. It is the absolute opposite of fair.

• Like 1

I asked the magic 8 ball if he was guilty and it said it's decidedly so. 

• Haha 3

On 5/12/2018 at 12:30 PM, Nzo said:

How many court cases have literally been decided on the flip of a coin? How many are now being decided by fortune telling apps on their cell phones? People think that justice is fair and it is anything but fair. It is the absolute opposite of fair.

So, if you ran the zoo, how would you fix it?

You know what they say about not offering any constructive criticism/being part of the problem/etc

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

So, if you ran the zoo, how would you fix it?

You know what they say about not offering any constructive criticism/being part of the problem/etc

Alright let me give it a try.

Remove all incentives for lawyers and judges to win lose cases. That includes money, being re-elected as a DA, and being promoted. That should do away with lots of the inbreeding that lawyers love. Remove any sideline deal making(we call that corruption). Make sure all sentences are inline with previous sentences.

Just some of the things that corrupt the justice system and judgements. As for a juries, professional juries not every tom dick and harry in society.

Nzo, I was willing to give you a go at running the zoo, but having seen what follows, I'm sorry, you are fired.  Do you truly think they are sensible, workable suggestions?  And you even contradict yourself... 

2 hours ago, Nzo said:

Alright let me give it a try.

Remove all incentives for lawyers and judges to win lose cases.

We are all human beings, and there will always be incentives, if not money, then intangible rewards like satisfaction of a job well done..  If there is no incentive, then there will be no lawyers/judges...

2 hours ago, Nzo said:

That includes money, being re-elected as a DA, and being promoted.

So you are ruling out democracy and capitalism, as well as those other incentives?

2 hours ago, Nzo said:

That should do away with lots of the inbreeding that lawyers love.

Inbreeding?  I guess that aspect might be involved somewhat tangentially, but really?

2 hours ago, Nzo said:

Remove any sideline deal making(we call that corruption).

Including plea bargains and the like?  Do you live in a black and white world?

2 hours ago, Nzo said:

Make sure all sentences are inline with previous sentences.

So the content of the case and special circumstances or the prospect of rehabilitation should be wiped out?  Just fixed sentences for each crime category?  Is the murder of ten the same as the murder of one?  How do you multiply life sentences or execution, may I ask?

2 hours ago, Nzo said:

Just some of the things that corrupt the justice system and judgements.

But not a realistic solution in sight..

2 hours ago, Nzo said:

As for a juries, professional juries not every tom dick and harry in society.

So now you are contradicting what you said above - you want these folks to be motivated by money..  Do you not understand the reason behind a 'jury of your peers'? - perhaps you should look that phrase up...

No system will ever be perfect, but at least in the US, like here, there is an open, public system.  That means injustices can be uncovered and hopefully dealt with and learnt from.  BTW, I think we may be a bit better off here as we have a good free legal aid system so that those who cannot afford a solicitor can get access to quite well-trained legal representatives.

This was in England? For a moment I  thought is was in America.

Sigh of relief...

NO disrespect to England.

On 11/05/2018 at 3:32 PM, danydandan said:

Was the case over turned? Doesn't say on the feed.

It was but he was re-convicted in the retrial and his subsequent legal appeal was rejected, so he's currently serving out his sentence for a double murder.

On 5/14/2018 at 10:21 PM, ChrLzs said:

Nzo, I was willing to give you a go at running the zoo, but having seen what follows, I'm sorry, you are fired.  Do you truly think they are sensible, workable suggestions?  And you even contradict yourself... 

We are all human beings, and there will always be incentives, if not money, then intangible rewards like satisfaction of a job well done..  If there is no incentive, then there will be no lawyers/judges...

So you are ruling out democracy and capitalism, as well as those other incentives?

Inbreeding?  I guess that aspect might be involved somewhat tangentially, but really?

Including plea bargains and the like?  Do you live in a black and white world?

So the content of the case and special circumstances or the prospect of rehabilitation should be wiped out?  Just fixed sentences for each crime category?  Is the murder of ten the same as the murder of one?  How do you multiply life sentences or execution, may I ask?

But not a realistic solution in sight..

So now you are contradicting what you said above - you want these folks to be motivated by money..  Do you not understand the reason behind a 'jury of your peers'? - perhaps you should look that phrase up...

No system will ever be perfect, but at least in the US, like here, there is an open, public system.  That means injustices can be uncovered and hopefully dealt with and learnt from.  BTW, I think we may be a bit better off here as we have a good free legal aid system so that those who cannot afford a solicitor can get access to quite well-trained legal representatives.

Well you wanted to know some of what it takes to fix the system. Next time don't ask people for fixes. If you want to fix a broken system then sometimes you need to do a couple small things but when the foundation of the entire sector is rotten, spoiled, and falling apart you need to rebuild it from the ground up. That unfortunately will take a revolution and that may be in the cards given the current state of affairs with politics and Mass Media.

And if you believe the current system in the U.S. is just fine then you my dear are living under a rock about a thousand feet deep. Grab a book about how F;d up the legal system is... just duckduckgo it. I am not going to try and educate you on how incredibly unfair, unbalanced, incredibly corrupt the U.S. legal system is. There are literally thousands of books written on the subject by extremely educated people in the field. You literally defended one of the most corrupt legal systems in the world. WoW, talk about naive.

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

It's good to see you are working hard to provide solutions, and that you are posting specific cases that show exactly what you mean, along with a plan to fix it all up.  I now see that you are a true Crusader for Justice, and with folks like you hard at work, it will all be fixed in no time.  I apologise from the bottom of my bottom for impugning, clearly without any basis whatsoever, that you were all talk...

You certainly just proved me wrong........ wow, don't I feel stupid... 

And there is no sarcasm or patronising in any of the above, oh no, no way.  

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

think of all the money and time that could be saved if we could just do away with lawyers...