Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Autotrophs: People who don't eat or drink

UM-Bot

news icon rPeople all around the world were storming supermarkets and grocery stores on Christmas and New Year's Eve. There was a small group of people, though, who did not even think about eating anything for Christmas. In fact, they do not think about food at all.

Such people call themselves autothrophs - they do not eat at all. The term designates an organism that makes its own food. Autotrophs can go on hunger strikes for years and even decades.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Pravda.ru

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HowdyDoo

• Panthera leo atrox

• Heavens Angel

• UM-Bot

Please put me down as a complete skeptic on this one. original.gif I don't believe a word of it.

Even plants need water. Cactus in the desert need water. They are able to hold onto it for a long time, but in a drought lasting for years they will perish as well.

Edited by joc

Yeah, this is called group anorexia. Making a child live on nothing but air at 8 years old should be against the law. Haven't they heard of children dying from malnutrition and starvation? Maybe they should go visit Africa more often. This is just absolute stupidity. If adults want to make stupid choices like that it's their own decision, but they should never ever force a child into their bizarre form of cult anorexia.

That is, assuming there is group of people actually practicing this.

Anyone watch that Australian 60 minutes?

There was this spiritual woman who claimed she could go 45 days without food, water and sleep and claimed she could heal.

They disproved her healing and she withdrew, still standing by her claim that she could go without food and water for 45 days.

They asked her to prove it.

So, they isolated her (with her permission of course), and had a doctor on stand by in case something went wrong.

She didn't make it past 20 hours before her blood pressure dropped, she was flushed and was rocking backwards and forwards almost passing out.

The doctor then stepped in and stopped the experiment.

The womans excuse? The negative emotions from the disbelievers present caused her to doubt her ability and she failed.

She hasn't been seen since.

this is how it's supposed to work:

"Doctors say that autotrophs make a fundamentally new type of self-sufficient human beings. It is not ruled out that they will replace us at a new evolution stage. Modern science has already confirmed the ability of a human being to maintain itself. Dietitians were recently saying that the B12 vitamin was naturally contained only in animal foods. Vegans, therefore, were supposed to die, since they could not receive the vitamin. However, doctors found out that the concentration of the B12 vitamin was fine with vegans. The situation became clear, when scientists discovered the synthesis process in the intestines. It became known that human beings could live on their own microflora. Medics have already discovered that the human intestines produce microorganisms that can synthesize amino acids."

what's keeping the microbes alive? as far as i know there aren't any autotrophic microbes in you're intestines. if there were they would have to be chemosynthetic, but there aren't really any chemicals in you're intestines that can be used in chemosynthesis.

Incidentally, does anyone know the slogan of the Pravda?

"Say what you want, the Pravda will hear you!"

Not exactly critical journalism.

Incidentally, does anyone know the slogan of the Pravda?

"Say what you want, the Pravda will hear you!"

Not exactly critical journalism.

452076[/snapback]

I was just about to point that out!

It's a trick. tongue.gif I heard of one guy who claimed to have eaten nothing for years, but he was sneaking hamburgers. tongue.gif

It must have been good for the guy sneaking hamburgers! tongue.gif

This is true.

I saw a documentary with one of those people that was under scientists observation 24/7 during some months, he did eat/drink absolutely nothing.

Just search for this kind of cases, they're true.

And by the way, this isnt anorexia, they really dont eat/drink anything.

Just a quick question but how are they not able to drink or eat or anything?

What, Is there some secret handshake or something? Some kind of password or something of that nature for your body to be able to stay alive without food and water...

Does it live off of the fat and water all ready in it? These people have no lives...

This is just not biologically possible. Humans aren't plants. We can't phtosynthesize and energy to live must come from somewhere.

maybe a few thousand years ago these people may of been considered Gods, They never ate or drank any thing so they seemed invinsible. because if they didnt eat or drink then it would of seemed as if they were the undead. unable to die

this is interesting, unfournatley there is not enough evidence, but I won't rule it out, I never rule anything out... but that doesn't mean I belive them... I'm just indeiffrent I guess, although I think it would be useful to be able to do that, I would miss taste though, and would eat from time to time.

I declare my self indiffrent until further descioion!

what about conservation on energy?

The conservation of energy is one of the few law that have never been contradicted by experience.

Plants take the energy from light (anyway they need water).

Where is hidden the energy used by so called autotrophs?

By the way, an "Autotroph" won the 2000 Literature Ig Nobel Prize

LITERATURE

Jasmuheen (formerly known as Ellen Greve) of Australia, first lady of Breatharianism, for her book "Living on Light," which explains that although some people do eat food, they don't ever really need to.

http://www.improb.com/ig/ig-pastwinners.html

By the way, an "Autotroph" won the 2000 Literature Ig Nobel Prize 

LITERATURE

Jasmuheen (formerly known as Ellen Greve) of Australia, first lady of Breatharianism, for her book "Living on Light," which explains that although some people do eat food, they don't ever really need to.

http://www.improb.com/ig/ig-pastwinners.html

454366[/snapback]

Okay...I just followed the link and read her interview. She's definitely a con artist. She makes definite claims but won't submit to testing that would prove her right or wrong...there is no other reason to refuse testing other that you're a fake.

I have heard of very spiritual people, including Buddhist monks and saints, that went without food and water for most of their lives. (In the saints case, they existed on the Communion wafer and wine alone.) However, none of this has ever been proven.

Most times what you can't comprehend, you don't understand. I believe there are those among us that are gurus, light workers and immortals. But unless you experience the pleasure of meeting one - you will never truly understand at least not in this lifetime w00t.gif

Most times what you can't comprehend, you don't understand. I believe there are those among us that are gurus, light workers and immortals. But unless you experience the pleasure of meeting one - you will never truly understand at least not in this lifetime  w00t.gif

457603[/snapback]

Did you read the interview? She sure did a lot of backstepping after she claimed she was altering her DNA and then refused to submit to DNA testing to verify her claim.

I'm not saying that there aren't people out there that have supernatural gifts. I personally believe some highly evolved, spiritual people could exist without food and water. I just think she isn't one of them.

Edited by HowdyDoo

Haha, some people deserve to die because of their stupidity. These autotrophs for example, survival of the smartest, I can't wait to get rid of em.

If these are for real I wonder does the body still need to plunge itself of anything toxical and with what medium, and do these reduce the body mass.

i know a lot of girls that, if they heard of this, would attempt it. they are just idiot girls, by the way, who think they are fat. (they aren't)