Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Harry Potter Is Not a Gateway to the Occult

rashore

Back in my `training firm` days we met all walks of life.  There was this one lad who was into witchcraft and his fave tv show at the time was a show called Charmed.  He later revealed that he used to jot down their (the witches) spells and make notes of the ceremonies too.  None of his reenactments of such rituals worked but he believed that one day they would.  His idea was based around a strange theory that his mind would create a portal that would then empower his spells.  It makes me wonder what hes up to these days and whether hes still into such things.  True story.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

On 5/12/2018 at 9:09 AM, ChaosRose said:

I heard some of the people into that even wear silly hats. 

A wool stocking cap or a fur hat with ear flaps  is much more practical for wizarding work.  Especially in the cold and rainy woods.   If you use a broad brimmed hat, be sure to secure it with a chin strap. Otherwise , they are prone to flying off  when you are coming in low and fast over a clear cut.  Updrafts you know..

• Like 2

I had read rhe series because my wife enjoyed them, it’s rather sad to me that people would say they are harmful. I’m not the type to tell people how to raise their kids or anything but if anything the Harry Potter books taught team work and such.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2018 at 7:17 AM, Thorazeen said:

I had read rhe series because my wife enjoyed them, it’s rather sad to me that people would say they are harmful. I’m not the type to tell people how to raise their kids or anything but if anything the Harry Potter books taught team work and such.

It would be very rare for someone to get into the occult just because they read Harry Potter books.

That said, Grey's School of Wizardry probably exists because of Harry Potter books. 

I'd say parents should be happy their kids are reading and not make a big deal out of it being Harry Potter, or they might be raising the next Oberon Zell-Ravenheart. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

It would be very rare for someone to get into the occult just because they read Harry Potter books.

That said, Grey's School of Wizardry probably exists because of Harry Potter books. 

I'd say parents should be happy their kids are reading and not make a big deal out of it being Harry Potter, or they might be raising the next Oberon Zell-Ravenheart. 

I like Oberon and his wife, I don’t know if you’re aware ,but they have their own magickal school. I don’t remember the name off hand but am sure it would be easy to find online.

• Thanks 1

Smacks forehead as I reread @chaosRose post and the name of the school is in it.

• Haha 1

I'm not trying to say they're bad people or anything.

It's just that kids seem to get into whatever it is parents make a big deal out of.

If they really hate that boyfriend, he's sure to become the husband. 

You know the deal.

So if they don't want to raise the next Oberon Zell-Ravenheart, maybe they shouldn't make a big issue out of their kid reading some Harry Potter books. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2018 at 1:22 AM, Thorazeen said:

I like Oberon and his wife, I don’t know if you’re aware ,but they have their own magickal school. I don’t remember the name off hand but am sure it would be easy to find online.

They are some of the nicest people I ever met and like I said in other posts. Mother Ravenheart really knows her stuff when it comes to mythology. :yes:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I hadn’t realized this was still a thing concerning Harry Potter. In the late 70’s and early to mid 80’s there was the satanic panic concerning music bands like ac/dc, kiss, judas priest, just to name a small few. Music and D&D were the instruments of the devil, so I guess I’m going to hell for playing the devils musi and games. Doubly so since I have read the HP series. Well I guess in hell you can’t get any more rock bottom than that.